one

What If....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1.

 

It was a quiet morning since there was almost no one arrived the office yet, causing me to be able to take my time; arranging papers on my desk, tidying up that place a bit before sitting down alone with my smartphone in hand, catching up with the world. Tired of switching social media apps back and forth, I decided to entertain myself by reading the latest issue of an online magazine, but my finger stops at the very first article after the headline. Without me even realizing, my breath hitched for a second as my eyes trailed on the screen, reading what appears on that smart technology.

 

‘World’s Top Designer, Byun Baekhyun is now back in his home country!’

‘After almost 6 years of building his successful career far from home, this star is now coming back to Korea and decided to settle down here! From his recent interview, Byun Baekhyun stated that…’

 

“Now that he is back, seemingly would make his brand even more popular than before. I never hate to have competitors but this one weirdly gives me one real bad feeling…”

I turn my head around to meet the owner of that voice and gives him a thin smile. Immediately, I put my phone aside, get up from where I was sitting and head to the pantry, purposely leaving the guy behind. Taking a mug and a sachet of 3 in 1 coffee, I tear the packet opened and serve myself a refreshing instant white coffee at the beginning of another day. Quietly through the glasses, my eyes glance at him tailing me up to this place and now he is leaning against the wall, arms crossed.

“Coffee, again?”

“This is the only thing I could drink other than plain water, sir.” I steal a glance before continuing, “Do you want some?”

He declines my offer politely with a hand gesture and cute little pout. “Having caffeine to have a fresh day start, you are so…basic.”

I shrug lazily, “I bet I am.” Pulling out one chair for me to sit on, I sip my morning coffee as I asked, “So what do you want from me at the very beginning of day?”

That guy pouted, “Have been missing you a lot. Why? Do you hate me that much?”

“I took only a day off,” I shook my head in disbelief. “But you’re acting like we haven’t each other for week as if we didn’t see each other’s face at home. We are even working at the same exact company. You really can’t get enough of me, don’t you?” He cackles at that before taking a seat across the table and rested his chin on it while tapping the table in some unknown rhythmic beat.

“It’s only 8 in the morning but I already miss the kids…”

“Me too,” I sighed. My hand reach out for his head and ruffle it playfully, messing around with his hair-do.

He whines loudly while backing away and that face turns sour with the plump lips of his puckered as he condemns about me ruining his hair as I always do, making me laugh my heart out over that funny expression on his face.

That chattering mouth stopped talking, slowly lifted his gaze up to meet my face again. Slowly, a curved upward line forms on his lips as he breathed in a relief, “Now you’re laughing again.”

“Why did you say that? As if I didn’t laugh when Hyun Joon cracked up his joke this morning.”

He shakes his head while tittering, probably reminded of how he couldn’t answer the kid’s question when we were having breakfast this morning. “It wasn’t a joke, he asked a nonsense question, and how could I even find an answer to ‘why 6 is afraid of 7’?”

“How dare you said it was nonsense?” My eyes widened. “The answer is ‘because 7, 8, 9’, you never heard of that joke?”

He frowns, “I’m sorry I lived a boring childhood…!”

“You surely did, Chanyeol.” I giggled. “That’s why you have Hyun Joon and Hyun Joo to make it up.”

Chanyeol rapidly nodded with a big grin of his. “Ah…you’re making me miss them more,” he fusses underneath his breath.

“I can’t believe they’re at the age of going to kindergarten now…”

“They’re growing up so fast…”

Our conversation ends right at the moment one other person walks in between us. “Good morning, sir.” She politely greets while bowing at Chanyeol before turning to me, her eyes are telling something. Obviously questioning why I am here in this early morning, chilling and ridiculously not doing my job right in front of our boss.

Well, no one in this office knows what kind of relationship that me and Chanyeol have.

To them, I am that 30 years-old pathetic rookie and Park Chanyeol is the CEO of this popular clothing brand company. Well the actual thing is, his family owns a few more places – a huge publishing company, three or four shopping malls, one of the top three modelling agency and now I think I lose count. Besides being known as the money-maker genius, he is also has been named as one of the most influential business man of this country. Thus that makes Chanyeol is someone who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter