Chapter 13

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun reached out for his annoyingly blasting phone early in the morning. Peeking with one eye, he immediately groaned seeing that it was once again just her sister, ruining his supposedly good morning.


"What now?" he growled as soon as he answered his phone.


"Did I ruin your morning, sweetie? I'm sorry." his mother apologized on the other end of the line. Sehun's eyes widened and jolted up at the sound of his mother's set voice. He had never talked to her like that and doing it out of annoyance to her sister made him feel embarrassed of his action.
 

"N-no...no, mom. It's fine, I just thought it's noona again." he sighed. By the time he finished speaking, that's when he realized he was all alone in his bed. Her side was still warm, indicating that she just gotten up. His thoughts were confirmed when he heard cluttering pans from the kitchen.
 

"My phone had some issue so I used your sister's phone for now...Anyway, what time should we meet?" his mother squealed excitedly. He chuckled and at the same time, clipping his phone between his shoulder and cheek, and wearing his pants.
 

"Let's just meet at lunch. We'll pick you up."
 

"Alright. See you later, sweetie." his mother answered before ending their call. Sehun placed his phone back in his table and started gathering all of their scattered things on the floor. Yet his face became red as he finally picked up her clothes from yesterday. Even if he was alone, the atmosphere suddenly turned awkward, and he cleared his throat before continuing his work. All of their things had been placed on the laundry except for one thing.
 

"Love, have you seen...my...shirt...Oh." Sehun stopped on his tracks when he went to the kitchen and saw her making coffee, wearing his shirt. He eyed her from head to toe, and unknowingly his lips before biting his lower lip. With her still messy hair down, the sleeves of his shirt neatly folded until her elbows, and the length that beautifully accentuated with the curve of her hips and teasingly show a good portion of her legs.
 

"H-hey. G-good morning...Coffee?" she sweetly asked yet she stuttered when she started speaking at him. She felt conscious when she saw how Sehun started at her.
 

Whether he was disappointed or impressed with the way she wore his clothes, she wasn't exactly sure. She just thought of those movies where the men loved it when their girl wear their shirts and wanted to try it with him.
 

"Uhm, love?" she called for him again and he finally get out of his daze. He slightly shook his head before grinning back at her. "Are you okay?"
 

"Yeah, just...mesmerized." She shyly smiled at his compliment but it was soon replaced with a cute frown when Sehun played with her. "Did you forget to put your pants on?"
 

"I hate you." She rolled her eyes and stomped her feet as she went back to their room.
 

"I was just kidding, love. Hey..." he cooed as he followed her and stopping her by standing in front of her and blocking her path with his long arms, even before she could make a couple more steps.
 

Dahye suddenly looked away, avoiding looking at him. He was still shirtless and she didn't even understand how they could be so awkward when they've seen everything from each other.
 

"You look great. Very y..." He complimented her and she felt the genuineness of his words, adoring her and a little bit of teasing. Acting as if she wasn't faltered, she continued to walk forward but she just put herself in his tight grip. Sehun smooched her cheeks and everywhere else that his lips could reach. He spoke in between kisses, "I swear, you look so good. I'm looking forward to see you like this every morning."


"Sehun, stop!" she whined yet she was laughing along with him.

 

 

 

 


The succeeding days were full of bliss that no one reality thought it could be better. It was the time she really felt that she was accepted as a real part of their family and not just as someone they know. She was even wondering if her family made him feel the same way or if their efforts were not enough to make him feel at home. Sehun never complained though and never forget to say his regards every time he's with them. Just by smiling to herself, she shrugged her thoughts off and wished not to be paranoid and anxious of everything else.


"You're crazy, smiling to yourself." Sehun chuckled while softly pinching her cheeks. The girl in his arms hid her face on his chest and whimpered as she just embarrassed herself.


They were once again at their favorite spot like they used to. That time, everything else was prepared. He brought a mat to sit on, basket full of snacks, a speaker to set the mood right, just like a common picnic. Never she thought that it wouldn't be one of those days. Everything else was going smoothly, she's preparing for her graduation, her application for a job was going great, and she was back with her family.
 

"I don't know. I just feel so happy." she looked up to him with her puppy eyes.
 

"Probably because I'm here with you." he was being playful but in return, she scoffed.
 

"Maybe, maybe not." She said but her actions said otherwise. She was clinging onto him as if there's no tomorrow.
 

"But seriously, do you feel happy when you're with me? We had to go through a lot of things, we fought, we argue, we even stayed so far from each other. Were you happy?"
 

"They always say it's normal. But yes, I am happy and I guess, now, I

Please log in to read the full chapter