Chapter 12

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

The man never failed to deliver his promise...along with a few surprises. Each year, despite the distance, their feelings just grew stronger and more intimate.


The first year was dreadful and the time felt so slow. Everyone knew he was coming. No surprises.


The second year was worse when it comes to their academics, yet it was a lot better romantically. They've been looking forward seeing each other again yet Sehun went straight to the hotel without anyone's knowledge.


"I reserved a room here. Oh, and I'm also looking for Kim Dahye...but don't tell her my name." the receptionist went speechless at his handsome face and smile. Despite lagging for a few seconds, the receptionist quickly checked him in and called her colleague.


"Unnie, help me please? There's a man looking for you here...It's a secret...Okay, I'll let him know." the woman then turned her attention back to him. "She has a tour right now but she's going to be back in two hours."
 

"Well then, just let me know once she comes back." the receptionist nodded again and got excited for Dahye. Two hours wasn't that long but it was enough for Sehun to prepare seeing her again. He couldn't even wait for the receptionist's call for he had already gone down the lobby. As he got out of the elevator, she was already the first person he saw, and it instantly made him smile from ear to ear.
 

"Dahye! Hey, it's nice to see you again!" an older Caucasian man greeted her and she immediately greeted back with such enthusiasm. "I actually wanted to ask if you'd be available for a day tour?"

 

"Too bad, I'm already booked, but I can endorse you to one of my friends." She lied. She knows that Sehun would come, despite not knowing the exact day and time, and just wanted her schedule to be free.
 

"That is bad...how about...you know, dinner?" he playfully asked but she didn't even falter and even chuckled. Sehun scoffed to himself, jealous of how Dahye interact with the man. However, his frown was instantly changed into a smile when he heard her response.
 

"You know I have a boyfriend."
 

"You're still dating him all this time? Oh man. My son would be disappointed."
 

"Love..." Sehun finally spoke that surprised the two people. Dahye gasped excitedly as soon as she saw his face and wanted to run to him.
 

"That is my boyfriend right there, so, if I may excuse myself. But don't worry, I will still refer you to a good tour guide."
 

"Sure! You two have fun then." the man even acknowledged Sehun's presence by giving him a friendly wave before the younger woman runs off. The man grinned at her as she jumped again in his arms like she used to.
 

"What are you doing here?! Why didn't you tell me?!" Dahye squished his cheeks, making sure that he was real and that she was not dreaming.
 

"If I tell you then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore."
 

"But what's with 'love'? You've never called me that before." she suspiciously raised an eyebrow at him while he finally put her down back on the floor.
 

"It just came out, because I see him talking to you and setting you up with his son. I get jealous too, you know."
 

"Love sounds good though...Don't worry, I always tell them that I have a lawyer boyfriend and they're going to get sued if anything happens to me."
 

Sehun smugly smiled, feeling proud of her girlfriend's antics. With another hug, he kissed the top of her head. He never expected nor even thought that she would be so proud of him and that she would even tell almost the whole world about him.
 

"Where to go, love?" she asked him but he wasn't able to answer quickly due to the pet name. It made his heart beat faster and his cheeks and ears even had obvious tints due to embarrassment and excitement. With one word, she was able to make him fluttered and she was happy to be successful at it.
 

"To the usual." Dahye nodded in understanding while hooking their arms together.
 

They have been in the same place over and over again but neither of them could get tired of it. It held so much precious memories and secrets that only them - and the tree - knows. With nothing to bring but their selves, they took a seat on his expensive jacket to make their selves comfortable. He didn't complain nor even care about his jacket, for he was happier to have Dahye by her side.
 

"Oh, I have something for you." Sehun then picked a velvet box from his back pocket and the box contained two rings. Each ring engraved with their initials and a heart. Simple and might be a little corny but the girlfriend appreciated it. "I envy those who have couple items so I bought this before I went here. Don't even try to complain about the just accept it for it is my gift for us."


"I just wanted to say these are beautiful." she blushed as Sehun got her hands and put the ring on her slender finger. In return, she also put his ring for him. She giggled, "We're like getting married."
 

"I'd love to do that. Soon...but not now. Maybe after our studies?" He asked and Dahye shyly nodded. They've been just dating for two years and promised to do things that they want first before getting married. Yet, they somehow wished that they do wanted to get married as part of their future. Doing things together would be much easier and fun. "Also, you can just throw away the rose, and hold on to the ring as my promise. I know you've been keeping it."
 

"No, that's mine, leave it alone!" Sehun chuckled and kissed her pouting lips.
 

"Fine, keep it forever."
 

"I will." she returned his kiss, a little more aggressive than before.
 

Renewing his token of promise just made them look forward into their future. It shouldn't take them that long to fulfill their promise to each other however, being too in love had made them too impatient as well.
 

By the third year, Sehun had prepared another surprise.
 

Right after his finals, he had already booked a flight, and a tour, back to his homeland. Once he was out of the airport, he quickly looked for the woman holding up a banner, and his grin grew wider once he spotted her. A cap was good enough to hide his face and crept up behind her.
 

"Miss tour guide?" he playfully asked, tapping her shoulder from behind. It was an effective way of startling her and surprising her with his presence. She might've taken a few seconds to process what happened but when the man removed his cap and showed his face, she shrieked excitedly and even jumped in his arms. "You missed me that much?!"
 

Dahye nodded eagerly. She was still being lifted by her boyfriend but the man wouldn't even complain. With his support, she was able to be face to face with him.
 

"Are you sure you're my client?" he nodded with a huge grin on his lips. As a way of acknowledging him, and appreciating his efforts, she welcomed him with a series of pecks on his lips.
 

As always, no matter how happy they are together there would be the time that they need to part ways. The days he was there were never enough to fill in those moments that they were apart. For years, it could've been just the usual yet the sadness of saying goodbye would always be there.

 

Knocking on his door, she sadly sighed while fiddling on the hem of her shirt. As he opened the door, his sad smile was the first thing she noticed and couldn't help but to feel worse. The moment they stepped the room, she quietly sat on the bed while he went straight to his closet, getting his things.
 

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" she softly asked while she scanned some of the luggage near his bed.
 

"Almost, I'm still packing a few things."


Dahye then stood up and started helping him by sorting his clothes and a few items he bought for his friends and family. Sehun smiled at the gesture and let her be. No matter how many times he had done those things, Dahye always help him and she was definitely a better packer than him. His luggage was neat and a few things could still fit into his bags.
 

"Anything else?" she asked, Sehun shook his head and already plopped down over his bed. She chuckled before going to closer to him, stopping when she was just right in front of him. "Alright then, you should rest. We need to leave early tomorrow."
 

"Wait, stay right here..." Sehun jolted up and just in time to stop her by holding her wrist. "Just...stay."
 

Sehun huffed before pulling her down to sit on his lap, her legs dangling

Please log in to read the full chapter