Chapter 2

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

White soft sheets ruffled as Dahye rolled over the spacious bed. Everything around her were too soft, and comfortable, and even the smell makes her want to stay even more. Rolling over once again, she stretched her arms before reaching out to a pillow next to her...or so she thought. The pillow was a little hard and warm, and it was even moving.

 

"Good morning, love." A man with a deep voice suddenly spoke in front of her and she immediately opened her eyes.

 

He was propped on one elbow and intently watching her sleep. Before even realizing it, Dahye was hugging his waist and cuddling against his chest. He was smiling sweetly at her, adoring her with his twinkling eyes. However, she quickly removed her arms and scooted away from him. The man's smile faded and the look of confusion was plastered all over his face.

 

"Who are you?" she asked while covering her body and noticed that she wasn't wearing the same set of clothes she had the night before. She quickly scanned the place and she knows she had never been there yet it all felt familiar. It even felt like she was home. "W-Where am I? What am I doing here? Where are my clothes?"

 

The man chuckled while climbing off the bed, "I guess you're still drunk. Let me get you a cup of coffee."

 

"No! Mister, I am not playing games with you. I don't know you and I need to leave--"

 

"You really don't remember me or you don't want to remember me?" he scoffed bitterly and his angelic face just turned into a scary one. The man wasn't able to contain himself and raised his voice, making Dahye flinch and feel his frustrations. "I've been looking for you and this is what I get?! Dahye, just tell me if there's something wrong! I'm your husband!"

 

"I really don't remember you, I'm sorry...I don't remember anything." Dahye muttered softly, apologizing for making the man feel bad. She didn't know why but she just didn't want to trust anyone anymore. "Even if you say you're my husband, I wouldn't believe you until you show me some proof..."

 

"I can show you every proof that you need. Just please tell me what happened to you, tell me..." The man softened and sat closer to her, making her feel a little bit at ease. It was unusual to be comfortable with someone she just met yet the man made her feel he could be trusted, with her whole life even. And somehow with that gut feel, she wanted to believe that he was indeed her husband.

 

"All I know is I was involved in an accident and I can't remember anything at all. My boyfriend took care of me...Actually, I now doubt that he's telling the truth." she said sadly and yet no tears had fallen from her eyes. At least she fulfilled her promise to herself that everything should be back to normal.

 

"Boyfriend? How dare he?! I am your husband!" he exclaimed, making her head drop in shame. He noticed her expression and he softened once again. "Love...I'm sorry I didn't know. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you."

 

The man trapped her into a tight hug and Dahye once again felt that warmth that she wanted to feel again. She heard him sniff and snob softly on her shoulder. As if she does it normally, she returned back the hug and rubbed his back, cooing and whispering sweet nothings.

 

"I promise you, I will protect you so that no one harms you again. I'll make sure to fulfill all my vows and duties as your husband."

 

The way his hands caressed her cheeks and kiss her forehead made her somewhat believe that he was trustworthy. If he was indeed her husband, her old self probably had seen this side of him and married him. It was just too bad that she can't fully appreciate it. He was a total stranger to her new self.

 

"If you really know me, please tell me who I really am..."

 

The man nodded with a smile, "Let's have breakfast first."

 

The still unnamed man gave her some documents along with his laptop and phone, letting her rummage through everything as he started making breakfast.

 

"Oh Sehun..." Dahye quietly muttered his name when she saw his SNS accounts. It perfectly matched with the documents she had on her hands and most importantly, all their conversations and memories were all there.

 

Sehun was like an open book in front of her. He was not pretending and all of their information were all in front of her. They've been married for almost a year, he's a newbie lawyer lived and studied abroad, and apparently, they've known each other since they were in their diapers. Dahye had even started to wonder how she was able to marry someone like him. She also somehow loved how every moments were shared on his posts. It wasn't all about him though, his accounts were also filled with her smiling face and one of his highlighted moments was their wedding.

 

Dahye was now almost sure that this person knows her personally. She couldn't deny everything that she's seeing and she knows everything couldn't be done in just one night. Very unlikely of Hyunwoo, he couldn't show her anything but his words were very convincing that it made her believe him. At least the man knew her real name – Kim Dahye – and that got her confused a a little more.

 

"Sehun..." she called for him and he immediately her with a smile. Even the way his name came out of , it all felt comfortable.

 

"Yes, love?"

 

"I appreciate you doing this for me..."

 

"Love, I'd do everything for you."

 

"Help me remember everything..."

 

Sehun nodded. He understood that all the proof he had showed would not be enough. If he had to go back through time to show her, he would do it. He had missed her all this time and he was just happy to have her back in his arms.

 

"Eat now, love." he said calmly and placed a platter of breakfast in front of her. It may just be an omelette and rice yet Dahye's swelled at the gesture. Sehun didn't prepare anything for himself but a cup of coffee. He was already full just seeing her first thing in the morning and that she was back. He has so many questions for her but he has to wait for a more appropriate time. That time, Dahye needed rest.

 

"Aren't you going to eat too?" Dahye broke the silence between

Please log in to read the full chapter