Chapter 8

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Good luck, love." Sehun cheered for her, putting his fists up high in the air. It didn't matter how embarrassing it was for her, she just couldn't stop him from showing support...even though some people who saw him were already laughing.


"I'll do my best and I won't stain your precious name."


Sehun smiled at her proudly before taking her to the office. When he opened the door, his genuine smile got bigger as he greeted their boss. She was amazed albeit embarrassed to meet the man who hired her despite not knowing her, and just with Sehun's words, that well...or so she thought. The man welcomed them and there he was waiting with a very sophisticated woman smiling back at them.

 

'She's probably the wife...' Dahye thought to herself.


"Hi mom, hi dad." Sehun greeted the two of them with a hug. "Dahye's now here..."
 

Dahye's mouth fell open. She did not realize that Sehun was just working for his own family and that his parents were the owners of the law firm he had been working for.


"Good morning." she nervously greeted them and bowed in respect. The woman chuckled and went to her instead, suppressing her body with a very warm hug.


"Oh sweetie. How are you?" the older woman mumbled as she cupped the younger's face. With their close proximity, she was able to look at her features carefully. Her face was angelic and her eyes were always smiling, a lot younger looking in person than the pictures that Sehun had shown, well dressed and groomed. Everyone would know how powerful her family could be.


"I'm good...ma'am." Dahye sheepishly responded, awkwardly smiling at the woman. They may be her in-laws but the sudden introduction made her feel nervous.
 

"Don't call me like that. Just mom..." Sehun's mother frowned.
 

"But we're at work. I should know my place."
 

The older woman pondered for a moment and the smile was back on her face, "Fair enough."
 

"You're going to work with me, young lady. Are you sure you can do everything?" the father suddenly spoke and Dahye's suddenly tensed. Her own father was scary physically but Sehun's father was on a different level. He might be shorter than Sehun but his aura and power were no joke.
 

"Don't scare her!" his mother snapped while Sehun kept quiet, trying to stop himself from laughing. It has been a usual view from him, the mother would dearly love and care, pamper, or even spoil the siblings, and their father would the 'disciplinarian' of the household. 
 

"I was just asking." the father held his hands in defeat.
 

"Don't worry, dad. You know how she always does her best." Sehun answered for her, knowing how stunned she must have been. Dahye could only nodded and mutter a soft 'yes' in response.
 

"That should be settled then. We have lots of work to do, let's start! Chop-chop!" His father encouraged them as she took her place at the table near him. She was his secretary after all and she needs to whatever he asked. Sehun then lead his mother out of the office into his own.


"Sehun, do you think she'd be okay?" his mother asked worriedly. "And I'm not just pertaining to her job but to everything..."


"She's doing great, mom. You know I married one of the strongest women I know." Sehun reassured her with his gentle smile and the woman nodded in agreement.


In just a couple of hours of being left alone with her new boss, she had already accomplished a few things he asked to, encoding, scheduling, sorting of files, and such. It wasn't that hard for her and she enjoyed being busy than just lounging in their home doing nothing.
 

The boss aka Sehun's father was impressed. Not only she was hardworking, it was also evident that his daughter-in-law was dedicated to get job. Although he never had worked with her, he already knew she'd be a good asset to their company. It was just a plus for he had loved her dearly not just as his son's wife, but more like his own daughter.
 

"Sir, do you need anything?" Dahye asked as she entered through his office door. The boss smiled and shook his head.
 

"Just in case you forgot, it's already lunch time. Go take a break." he reminded her and as expected, she lost track of time. She gasped when she looked at her watch and its past noon.
 

"But you still have a meeting with a client and I should go with you. I can just have my lunch after your meeting."
 

"I'm just meeting an old friend, Dahye, there's no need."
 

"Oh..." Dahye nodded in understanding. "Alright, sir. I'll go now."
 

She smiled sheepishly as she exited the office. She was feeling accomplished and wanted to share her new experience to her husband however get face fell when he wasn't in his office. Not knowing who to ask, she decided to just leave and have lunch by herself.
 

"He has a client meeting. Were you supposed to have lunch together?" A woman suddenly spoke behind her. As she looked back, she saw his sister looking down on her.
 

"No, I just want to check on him..." Dahye can't even explain it, but she was cowering in fear in front of Sooyoung even though the latter wasn't doing anything.
 

"There's a good restaurant nearby. Let's go."
 

Dahye wasn't even able to reply as his sister lead the way towards the elevator. She wanted to say no however her body followed the woman like a little puppy. She felt like being pulled against her will by an unknown force but fighting it could be worse.
 

"I am not going to eat you. We're just going to grab some lunch." the sister said, and it put Dahye at ease...just a little bit.


The way Sooyoung walked made her look so powerful. Her beautiful face, her long black hair that flows with the wind, her long legs and stride, heel clicking against the floor. Everything screamed perfection. Sehun and she might not be blood related but they perfectly fit in with their family. The aura itself should be powerful just like their parents.


As they entered a restaurant, Dahye hesitated to continue walking. Just by looking at the gigantic door, marbles floors, glass chandeliers, they could already assume that the prices would be golden.


"Sooyoung..." Dahye softly called for her but the woman before her had taken a seat. Sooyoung pointed at the seat across her and Dahye hesitantly sat down.


"Don't worry, I'll pay, and no, I won't tell them to poison you." Sooyoung nonchalantly said while flipping on the menu. Dahye sighed while trying to find the cheapest food they have. She even glanced at the woman in front of her but she was too busy to even notice.
 

As Sooyoung had told their waiter their order, Dahye fiddled with the hem

Please log in to read the full chapter