Chapter 15

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

As the pregnancy finally sinks in to them, the worse the symptoms were showing. She was feeling dizzy for the past few mornings but it was then partnered with vomiting and more wobbling. Dahye stayed on the bed as Sehun did almost everything for her.
 

"Love, you have a visitor." Sehun entered the room, and he was soon followed by two other men: her father and brother. His wife was still under the sheets, cuddling a pillow in place of Sehun.
 

"Dad...Taeyong..." Dahye whimpered weakly as she tried to sit up and greet her family. The father was the first to approach her and sat down on the bed.
 

"How are you feeling?" he worriedly asked her and the woman whimpered even more as she finally sat up. "I brought fruits for you."
 

"Not good, but I'll try that later." The woman curled up in her father's arms, not wanting to move further for her morning sickness could feel worse. However, she felt nauseous when sudden stench hit her as his brother sat down beside her. "Taeyong, whatever cologne your wearing, don't wear it again when you're with me."
 

"What? That was only a few spray." Sehun chuckled while the younger male tried to smell his clothes and felt good about his cologne.
 

"She's very sensitive about the smell...and she also hates my perfume." Sehun told him to sympathize with his brother in law.
 

As the pregnant woman couldn't take the smell anymore, she quickly ran to the toilet and the up everything she had for breakfast. The three men were all there to assist and help her if she needed anything but her hands were shooing them away.
 

"I'm going to be fine, don't worry. I just need a nap." she assured them before going back to bed and try to go to sleep. The men let her be as Sehun assisted them to the next room.
 

"If only we could help her. To be honest, I don't know anything about pregnancy since I straight up had kids." The father tried to joke but the underlying worry for her daughter was still evident in his face.
 

"Well, you're going to experience it now with noona. And I am already guessing it's not going to be a smooth ride." Taeyong muttered, still feeling bad about his favorite cologne being hated by her sister. He huffed as he put it his clothes from his bag and fixing his things in the closet.
 

"Actually, people told me that she may get a lot of weird cravings and requests, but she's doing the opposite, she has no appetite. I'd rather have her eat anything ridiculous than nothing at all." Sehun told them truthfully and two other men nodded mindlessly at his sentiments. It was kind of funny to them how three men of different generations had no idea how pregnancy worked.
 

"How about the case? How is she dealing with that now?" The oldest asked and somehow he felt relieved that Sehun had given him a hopeful smile.
 

"I'm taking care of it. I also called you for I know that she will need you support for the next trial. Although, we are already confident that it's a sure win since she finally got her memory back."
 

"It has been a tough journey for you. Thank you for staying and for being patient with my daughter."
 

"It's nothing, father."
 

A thankful smile reflected on each other's faces as the older man gave Sehun a proud tap on his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

"I call Kim Dahye to the witness stand." Sehun's father announced and the lady sheepishly did as she was told. After her oath of telling the truth, she nervously sat down, as if looking at her husband for help. His sly smile indeed helped, as well as the presence of her father and brother.
 

"Dahye, last time Son Hyunwoo said that you two were in a relationship. What have you got to say to this? Can you tell us your side of the story?" the father asked, before giving her a look of assurance. He mouthed, "Go on, don't be scared."
 

"I didn't remember anything after the accident. He told me we were in a relationship and since I don't know anyone, I believed in him. It's all true, he never forced me into anything. However, I knew he was lying to me when his fiance came into our apartment, and I immediately ran away from him."
 

"How about now that you have your memories back? Can you tell us what happened when you went missing?"
 

Gasps and whispers were suddenly heard. No one knew her state except for the whole family and the fact definitely surprised Hyunwoo. His face paled and he couldn't lift his head up to meet anyone's eyes. Sehun's father even presented all her medical documents to the prosecutor and judge, before flashing a triumphant smile to her daughter in law.
 

"We were in accident, that's true, however, we were not together when that happened. I went home earlier than my workmates and I woke up in the middle of the night hungry. I went out to buy some food, it was already late and there are no other people. What really happened was, he was speeding up and hit me."
 

"How did you know it was him?"


"I recognized him since I was still conscious when he approached me and checked if I was still alive."


"What happened after that?"
 

"That's the last thing I remembered that night. Next thing I know, I already woke up at the hospital not remembering anything. Apparently, I was in a coma for two months."
 

"Thank you, Dahye...No further questions, Your Honor." The lawyer announced and Dahye went back to her seat.
 

"You may now call your next witness."
 

"I call Kim Yeri to the stand."
 

A younger lady then approached the witness stand, willingly and ready to take the oath and tell everyone what she knows. It was hard for Sehun to convince his friend, but for the sake of truth, the woman gave up and agreed to tell what she knows.
 

"Is this your first time meeting Kim Dahye?" Sehun's father started to ask questions. He wasn't even trying to be intimidating but he was to Yeri.
 

"No."
 

"When did you two meet?"
 

"I first knew her at Chuncheon where I was assigned as her nurse, and then the second time was at a restaurant. That's it."
 

"You were her nurse? What happened to her?"
 

"She was involved in an accident with Dr. Son Hyunwoo."
 

"Ah, the accident. Hyunwoo said that they were in the car together, and Dahye said that she was hit by Hyunwoo. Interesting..."
 

By that time, everyone in the court room was confused. Two different things were presented yet they know only one of them was telling the truth. Sehun's father had suddenly switched his personality and wasn't intimidating anymore but rather, downright scary.
 

"Did Hyunwoo also obtain injuries? What was his state when he brought Dahye to the hospital?" The lawyer continued to ask.
 

"His clothes were stained with blood, but he had no injuries."
 

"Not even a scratch?"
 

Yeri shrugged her shoulders, "Not that I know of."
 

"Alright. You worked with him at the same hospital, have you seen his car? If so, what was its state when he brought Dahye to the hospital.

 

"It was perfectly fine. Although, one time, I saw one janitor cleaning his car as per his request. The janitor was grumbling madly and asked him what's wrong, he said Dr. Hyunwoo asked him to remove the blood stain from his car."

 

Again, it made people whisper to each other. Dahye could finally breathe again. Yeri might not be an actual witness to the accident yet her statement could support her claim. Hyunwoo's lawyer was also surprised at Yeri's claims and was already looking defeated.

 

"Were there any orders from Son Hyunwoo when you were nursing Kim Dahye?"
 

"We are not allowed to disclose any information to anyone except him nor we are allowed to even talk about her case."
 

"Were you aware that someone was looking for her? Oh Sehun, Kim Dahye's husband, had already mentioned before that he looked for her all over Chuncheon."

 

"No, we were also not allowed to look for her immediate family or guardian. Again, everything had to go through Dr. Hyunwoo."
 

All those words were already clear to everyone. Even the prosecutors and judge were convinced despite not showing it with their faces. Dahye's family was worse. They've lost their precious member for a year and it hurt them to know that she was indeed just kept from them. They've been given a heads up of what happened however, they still felt furious about everything.
 

"I really want to punch him...so bad." Taeyong muttered, clenching his fists. Their father held his hand to stop him from doing or saying anything else.
 

Sehun looked at the accused and Hyunwoo was indeed looking guilty of what he has done. He remembered how Hyunwoo faced him all those times that the man had been keeping his wife. He should be angry, yet his smirk was triumphant that justice has been served.
 

Everyone finally stood up as the judge went out of the courtroom. Their side

Please log in to read the full chapter