Chapter 11

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Who is Kim Dahye to you? And how long have you known each other?"
 

"She was my girlfriend and we've known each other since she Sehun's graduation. I was dating his sister that time."
 

"How long was your relationship with Kim Dahye?"
 

"Almost a year."
 

"Almost a year? And she's also married to Oh Sehun?"
 

"She is, but she told me it was for business only. They eventually got married but she regretted it, and was scared to call it off. She called me and decided to just run away with me."
 

"You're also saying you ditched your own girlfriend for her?"
 

"I didn't. We already broke up but she's still forcing me to be with her."
 

"I see...Kim Dahye also claims that she has amnesia and cannot remember anything. What happened?"
 

"We were having an argument in the car because she got jealous of one of my colleagues. She grabbed onto the steering wheel and I lost control until we bumped into a post. Her side was the most affected, and I was still strong enough to bring her to the hospital."
 

"After this accident, how was your relationship with her? I'm sure you felt bad when she said she doesn't remember you."
 

"I just thought it was a blessing in disguise since she had told me that she wanted to start a new life and wanted to stay away from Sehun. I provided her everything that she needed, apartment, clothes, food, and even a job. I took care of her, and never once forced her into anything, when we were still in a relationship. When she said she wanted to break up and go back to Sehun, I just let her go."

 

 

There were a lot more things that are discussed during the trial yet Hyunwoo's words stick with her. She wondered how someone could be so cruel and blatantly lie in front of everyone. If she could only remember everything and support herself, it could've been a lot better.
 

"Love, are you okay?" Sehun asked her, finally bringing her back to her senses. She never realized how long she had been staring outside the window while her husband was driving, just until he called her out. With a forced smile, she faced him and nodded, at the same time trying her best not to make him work about her. "After the trial, you've been so out of it. Are you sure you're fine?"
 

Her forced smile eventually changed into a frown that it was supposed to be. Looking down at her hand in her lap, she pondered for a moment before speaking again. It was not like she could keep anything from Sehun. He knows her too well that she had been so easy to read.
 

"Do you believe him? Do you really think I could cheat on you? That I ran away and wanted to hide from you?"
 

"I don't believe him and I'm going to ask you now...would you run away from me?"
 

Dahye quickly shook her head. How can she run away if her husband has treated her like a queen? Sehun had all the qualities that any woman could ask for a husband. Looks, brains, and attitude. He was the whole package and she won't know what to do if someone would steal him from her. He had given more than enough reasons for her to stay.
His hands gently took her hand and entwined it with his. A quick peck on the back of her hand, plus a gentle squeeze from him, made her feel calm and secure.
 

"Love, I trust you. We still have a long way to go but I will be with you, no matter what."
 

"Thank you."
 

"Should we get something to eat? You haven't eaten properly today."
 

Sehun diverted the topic into a much lighter one, obviously trying hard not to let her spirit down. As much as she wanted to sulk and just go home, Dahye wouldn't want her husband's efforts to cheer her up to go waste. Nodding, she suggested their favorite place and Sehun was more than happy to drive towards their destination.
 

"Love, wait...I forgot my phone in the car. You go ahead." Dahye slapped her forehead for forgetting something important to her when they were just about to enter the restaurant. Sehun chuckled at her, passing her the car keys. She absentmindedly ran back to the car without looking out for cars before crossing the street. A long and loud honk was heard and Sehun was quick enough to act and ran after her.
 

"Dahye!" Sehun shrieked while he pulled her back into his arms.
 

"Miss, are you okay? You suddenly crossed the street, I almost hit you." The driver asked worriedly, checking if he really didn't hit Dahye.
 

"She's okay, no need to worry, sir. We apologize as well, we'd be more careful next time." Sehun told the man and they were lucky enough that he was nice to not let anger take over him. The man sighed in relief then asking them to be careful, before going back to his car.
 

Once the man has driven off, only then Sehun was able to take a closer look at her. She was trembling and sobbing against his chest, and her hands were tightly clenched on his blazer.
 

"Sehun..."
 

"It's okay, love. You're safe, no one's hurt." he rubbed her back soothingly but she started crying even more.
 

"No....I remember it now. I remember everything."
 

Sehun couldn't believe what she was saying and asked her to repeat it. It was hard for her to calm down and tell him everything but she was already forcing herself to do so. With the trial and the almost accident, she already had a very long day, and it was all stressful and exhausting for her.
 

Before she could even speak up, an intense pain on her head suddenly hit her and unstoppable flashes of images kept in showing in her mind. Screaming in pain, she held one hand on her head and the other to her husband. Yet, even with his support, the pain was unbearable and it didn't take long when her body had given up and lost consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Here..." The sixteen year old Sehun gave her a green leaf. Dahye couldn't help but giggle at the memory of a much younger Sehun doing the same thing. It was a very innocent confession yet the act made both of their hearts flutter. She claimed the leaf and played with it carefully.


"What's this for? Another out of the blue confession?" she asked teasingly.


"It's not. I've thought about it, and I really like you..."
 

That made Dahye stop talking and making everything as a joke. The boy then put out a real flower, a red rose, that he bought with his own money. It wasn't his old self that would just give her anything, but rather a more determined version of him.
 

Please log in to read the full chapter