Chapter 5

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Dahye was just thankful that Sehun's family was very understanding regarding her situation that it just let out a huge baggage off her chest. Dealing with his family is one thing, and meeting her own family is another. As she walked on the pebbled path way, she felt nervous and excited at the same time. She was excited to go on a trip and experience new things, but she was nervous to meet her family that she can't even remember.


"Here we are." Sehun announced as they stopped at a famous hotel and resort in Jeju.
 

The building only had three floors but their whole area was spacious to accomodate a lot of people. People coming in and out of the place had smiles on their faces, and Dahye assumed that the had chosen the place to stay while on vacation for its accommodating staff and home-like features.
 

"This is where we're going to stay? Isn't this what they also call the 'love nest'? Some people believe that after they go on a honeymoon here, they'd be expecting a child soon." she giggled when she remembered seeing the hotel fun facts on a show before and now, Sehun just brought her to the same hotel. She suddenly stopped giggling, and furrowed her eyebrows, wondering if Sehun already wanted a child. However, she quickly shrugged these thoughts off as he spoke.
 

"Well, yes, this is where we'll stay...and your family owns this. It wasn't this huge when I last went here...which was just last year."
 

Dahye looked up at him, confused at what he just said. As far as she can remember, Sehun never mentioned that her family had their own business, a famous hotel for that matter. Sehun assured her with a smile that he wasn't lying at all.
 

"Noona? Oh my God! You're back! We missed you!" a young man, about in his late teens, came running and grinning at her, tackling her with a super tight hug. "Where have you been?!"
 

Dahye widened his eyes and asked for Sehun's help with her eyes, however the latter was just smiling widely at the scene before him.
 

"Taeyong..." Sehun called for the young man's attention and he quickly, and awkwardly, pulled back muttering an apology. Just then, the young man remembered his sister's condition.
 

Dahye can't explain it but she was happy seeing the young man. She was able to take a closer look at his features and he was as good looking as he described. A lot taller than she was but his aura still screams 'young boy' rather than a man. Looking back at Sehun, her husband introduced her to the man in front of her.
 

"Love, this is Taeyong, your brother."
 

"Hello..." Taeyong felt dejected and his face said it all. His smile faded and he lowered his head down, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. He was just too happy to finally see his sister again but he was stopped since they had to be considerate of her condition. Little did he know, his sister got affected with his sudden change of aura.
 

"It's okay and hello to you too." she ruffled his hair lightly, making the younger look at her. It was something that they always argued about, Taeyong didn't like it when she always messed with his hair but Dahye always loved to play with him. It was only an instinct for her but Taeyong really felt that his sister was indeed home. That time, Taeyong just quietly fixed his hair, did not argue, and showed his endearing grin once again.
 

"Dad would be so excited to see you. Let me help you with your bags. Come on!" Taeyong then carried their bags and lead them towards the hotel. Sehun slithered an arm around her waist then kissed her temple.
 

"You're doing a good job, love." Sehun complimented her for being so welcoming and open to Taeyong. "Taeyong and you are quite the opposites but very close. I'm pretty sure no one else can explain that but your father."
 

"I seriously want to get to know them...and maybe find myself sooner." Dahye said to him and Sehun was so supportive of her.
 

He somehow felt bad when he can't answer some of her questions for he knows, deep inside, he doesn't fully know her. There were questions that only her family could answer and it was the perfect time to uncover her past. She was ready to remember everything and her own family would be there to support her.
 

"Aren't we going in?" Dahye called for his attention when he kept on looking at her without saying anything.

 

"Sorry, I was just so mesmerized by your beauty." Dahye scoffed at his statement before being pulled inside the building.
 

"Dad! They're here!" They heard Taeyong going inside the room and screaming excitedly at the top of his lungs.
 

"Really?! Where is she?!" An old man with a husky voice exclaimed from the room and soon enough, he was out of the room, seeking to meet the couple. "Dahye!"
 

"I'm here." She even raised her hands when she called for her father and the man changed direction to where she was.
 

As soon as Dahye set her eyes on him, she felt that fatherly feeling from him. He was big built, a little buff for his age, and even an inch or two taller than Sehun, yet his expression was all warm and welcoming. Some people might get scared the first time they will see him, but definitely not her. In fact, she felt like she just wanted to be cuddled up and cooed like a little baby. She felt secured and at home with all of them around her.
 

"Dahye, how are you?" her father asked her. It was obvious that he was trying to suppress his own happiness and excitement, unlike what Taeyong did. Carefully, he was examining her own daughter who was simply smiling sweetly at him.
 

"I'm alive and doing great." Dahye replied, and her father chuckled, tears starting to swell up in his eyes.
 

"T-That's great." Finally, taking a step forward, Dahye let herself be engulfed in her father's strong arms. Unlike his tough image, he was very gentle. She could already sense that the old man was not very affectionate with words, but rather shows everything through actions. The daughter even heard him sniff softly, hiding his tears under his tough facade. "I'm actually still preparing your room but let's go..."
 

They entered the reserved room for them and found Taeyong aligning the sheets and pillows on the bed, their bags were carefully tucked inside the closet.
 

"Your father usually has other people do these things but since it is you who will use this, he made sure everything's perfect." Sehun whispered at her and her heart swelled at the gesture. She must be loved so much to have that kind of treatment.


"I'll let you rest first then we can all have lunch together. Does that sound good?" Her father informed them after he made sure that everything's all set for their stay.

"Yes, father. We won't take long, well go down in a few." Sehun answered for them and the old man nodded, acknowledging the plan.
 

"Noona, is there something that you want to eat? We can have it prepared." Taeyong asked but Dahye shook her head.
 

"I'm good with anything." She answered politely.
 

"As expected." Her father chuckled, knowing that she was never picky with her food. "Alright, I'll tell them to prepare a meal, we'll go first."
 

"Yes, father." Sehun thanked them with a bow and Dahye did the same as the two men left the room.
 

Dahye carefully looked around the room and it was probably one of their best rooms. The room was just as big as their room at Sehun's home, the facilities were up to date, Taeyong made sure that the sheets and pillows were all freshly washed, and his father had chosen the best room to have the view of the whole place and the seaside.
 

"So, how do you feel that you've finally meet them again?" Sehun asked as he walked closer to Dahye, who was looking at the scenery by the window, and wrapped his arms around her waist in the process.
 

"It feels great, I feel complete. It's amazing that I am surrounded by such wonderful men."
 

"I know I am not able to answer most of your questions but this time I assure you, your family could provide more information about you. As I promised, I'll always be with you no matter what."
 

"It's okay, maybe I was not really ready yet that time. Maybe now is the perfect time."
 

"It is." Sehun then planted a series of open mouth kisses on her nape. She quickly flinched away and slapped his arm, yet she can't help but laugh.
 

"Sehun, they're waiting for us, let's go." She finally was able to break free from his grip after a few struggles.
 

"Okay...but one more." Dahye shrieked when Sehun stole a kiss from her lips before holding her hand and leading the way.
 

Whoever saw them would immediately assume that the couple was at their honeymoon phase. Stolen kisses here and there, hands being touchy almost everywhere, and the smiles and grin being exchanged between them.
 

"Noona, hyung! This way!" Taeyong called for them and led them to a party of the hotel where the staff and owners were the only ones allowed. As they walked further into the hallway, Dahye felt how it was exactly like a smaller house within the hotel. "This is really where our house stands. Dad wanted to keep it even though the hotel is expanding."
 

"This is like a maze...I like it." Dahye said in awe as she eyed her surrounding.
 

Please log in to read the full chapter