Alcoholic Tendencies

Don't Sass Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Friday night, and Yena is in a huge dilemma; what to wear for the party. She has never been to a party before, maybe because she wasn't cool enough to be invited. She shook her head, she shouldn't decide this alone, so she went to find her roommates in the living room, who were also going to the party.

 

"Guys, what should I wear?"

 

"A romper with nothing else underneath," Hyewon said while fixing her hair.

 

"Be serious, Hyewon." Chaeyeon scolded before adding, "Yena just wants to make sure she looks good for Chaewon tonight." She teased.

 

"Am not!"

 

"Sure."

 

"Ugh, you guys aren't helping. Where's Yuri?"

 

"In the bathroom, having the same dilemma as you."

 

"YURI!" She barged in unannounced, causing the girl to squeal.

 

"Oh -" Said girl drops razor blade and glared.

 

"Sorry."

 

"Why are you still in a bathrobe?" Yena tilts her head. 

 

"You have eyes, you can clearly see me shaving my legs." She picked up the razor blade again.

 

"Heh, anyway. I have no idea what to wear! Help me." The girl flailed her arms, hitting one of her hands on the sink, making her groan in pain.

 

"Calm down, Karen Smith. I'm just as anxious as you are." Yuri replied, wiping off the shaving cream from her razor.

 

"Are we really that lame to not have any party experience?"

 

"We're not lame, we're just too cool for parties."

 

"Yeah totally. Haha." They exchanged a sad laugh, their faces switched to gloomy expressions at the realization that they are indeed, lame.

 

"Maybe you should ask Chaewon." 

 

"Oh, you're right." She immediately goes out and phoned Chaewon, Yuri shook her head in disbelief.

 

Yena paused, she recalled what she saw just two days ago. If Chaewon and Eun Bi were really dating, then shouldn't she be keeping a distance? She didn't want to take the girl's time away from her girlfriend, especially these past few days. She shook her head. Why does she need to do that? They're friends, and they've only gotten to know each other for a few days. It's not like she's expecting anything from the girl. She pushed her thoughts away and diales the girl's number.

 

"Wonnie!"

 

"What's up ducky?" Chaewon picked up almost immediately, earning weird looks from the lecture hall. She put her phone on her right ear from the left, leaving her seat and headed outside. 

 

"What do I wear for the party?"

 

"Seriously?"

 

"Don't judge me! ...It's my first time."

 

Chaewon chuckled, this girl was too adorable.

 

"Just wear what you usually wear, it's just a casual party."

 

"What if I look undressed?"

 

"You won't ducky, it's just a college party, not a club. Don't worry about it."

 

"Well, what will you be wearing then?"

 

"I'm already wearing it."

 

"You mean you'll just go directly to the party without changing?" Yena asked, confused as Chaewon is still in class (which also makes her guilty because the girl had to walk out to take her call.)

 

"Yeah, so don't worry about it, ducky. I'm sure you'll look good with whatever you wear."

 

"T-thanks, Wonnie."

 

"You're very welcome. I need to go now, I'll see you at the party." Chaewon pardoned, noticing the professor giving her a stern look through the small window.

 

"Okay, see you at the party Wonnie." With that, Chaewon hung up and sighed as she slumped back to her seat. She just can't wait for class to be over.

 

 

 

 

At Jihyo’s House  

 

"Yoooshhhh, pour a glass.” Momo began to slur as she flopped upwards while flashing an empty bottle. 

 

“The party hasn't even started and she's already drunk.” Tzuyu spat in disgust. 

 

“Umm.. is she okay?” 

 

Nako noticed the older girl stumble as heri and Hitomi entered.

 

“Oh, Momo? This is nothing to her.” Sana chirped as she stood up from the couch to welcome the arriving guests.

 

“It's okay, it's okay.” Momo blurted in her native tongue while pinching Hitomi’s cheeks. “How cute~~”

 

Sana simply sighed, “Momo-chan leave her alone.” noticing the younger girl’s unease. 

 

The next ones to enter the party were a cheerful Nayeon and a slightly annoyed Mina in lovely black and white couple outfits. 

 

“Please Nayeon, at least try to exhibit some control,” Mina begged. This is what Mina least liked about Nayeon, she was reckless. Extremely reckless. Often times getting hurt because of it. She doesn't wanna risk losing Nayeon to alcohol overdose, or other dumb the older girl tends to do.

 

“Pshhhh, I am always in control,” Nayeon responded causing her girlfriend to sigh with an eye roll. 

 

Nayeon ran up, bear hugging Momo. “Ayeeee let's get this started.” 

 

The girls’ screams attracted the attention of the others as glasses of Bacardi were shot down in an instant. 

 

“Nayeon, at least start with something light,” Mina complained, pouring herself some fine champagne. 

 

The older girl just grinned as she downed shots of tequila that Momo happily provided anyone that was in grabbing range. 

 

“Minari~~~ kiss mweeeee.” Nayeon pouted as she puckered up and clung to her girlfriend. 

 

Mina was repulsed. “Please do something about your breath.” She winced. 

 

Meanwhile, Sakura squirms through the crowd of entering students, making her way to greet Mina before she could be bombarded.

 

“Sakura-Chan!” Mina spotted and immediately breaks off her clingy girlfriend so that the two gamer friends could embrace each other in a warm hug.

 

“I'm so glad you, Jihyo, Eunbi, decided to throw this party, I needed this,” Sakura exclaimed while happily checking out the growing party. 

 

Sana and Momo followed after spotting the two Japanese girls converse.

 

“I heard Chaewon were bringing a couple special guests, you guys have any idea who?” Mina asked the surrounding three girls.

 

Sana tilted her head and propped it back up. “Ahhh, Chaewon told me she invited her friend Yena and the rest of her roommates.” 

 

“Yena?” Mina pondered out loud, not quite remembering exactly who the girl was but she sounded awfully familiar.

 

“It's the girl we were all stalking at the lunch table the other day.” Momo is quick to sense the other girl's confusion. 

 

“Ooh, I know them.” Sakura followed up, “I'm really close with most of them and they’re all really nice and chill...except for this one girl who kept offering to cook for me even though the rest of them said she couldn’t.” 

 

“I hope some of them are cute,” Momo grumbled while sipping on her drink as she continued to drown in her longing for a girlfriend. 

 

Nayeon bit her lip impatiently, waiting for her girlfriend to return to her. She looked like a lost puppy who needed to pee really badly, darting her eyes between the dance floor and her friends talking. Not being able to hold it in any longer, the girl grabs onto the back of Mina’s dress and dragged her off insisting she wanted to dance. 

 

The remaining Japanese girls howled in laughter as they watched the couple playfully bicker as they made their way to the dance floor, which was just Jihyo’s living room cleared of all furniture and a DJ table full of speakers and party lights. 

 

The five remaining girls decided to go full swing and hustle to the dance floor after doing a loud cheer with drinks in hand. 

 

 

At the front door, Son Chaeyoung and Kim Dahyun, the latest additions to the usual friend group, entered. Tzuyu knew them from her School Meal Club during high school and has been inseparable with them ever since. Mina also used to tutor Chaeyoung when the girl was struggling with maths, it was one of the part-time jobs Mina did to help pay for her student fees. Dahyun, on the other hand, enjoyed music as much as she enjoyed attending church. That was the reason why she decided to major in music theory. 

 

Tzuyu is quick to invite them in as they exchanged greetings.

 

As Tzuyu continued to talk to her two old friends, She noticed an oddball group of girls enter the door behind them, looking frightened and out of place.

 

“Sorry, do we know you guys?” 

 

Yena is quickly pushed by her intimidated roommates and stuttered to the glaring girl. “Uh, we were invited by Chaewon." 

 

Tzuyu recalled earlier that morning when the girl explained that she invited friends to come...she just assumed Chaewon would have never herself associated with this sorry group.

 

The girl sighed. “Well, I'm not quite sure where Chaewon is, but drinks are in the kitchen. Do not break anything unless you want your neck broken, and you all better pray, you obvious group of inexperienced drinkers, that you don’t get on my bad side or I'll-”

 

“Oh, lighten up.” Chaeyoung is quick to interrupt, “It’s a party Tzuyu, we’re here for a good time, not a long one.”

 

“I'm Chaeyoung, and this is Dahyun.” Dahyun made a wide grin and waved which relieved the inexperienced party-goers. 

 

“Come on, let's all go get some drinks, we just entered too.” Dahyun beckoned and they all gratefully move deeper into the house, except Yena who stood too scared to move, and Tzuyu who looked too annoyed to be bothered. 

 

 

Yena looked around waiting for any sign of the familiar redhead. Her nerves were eased as a familiar voice called out to her.

 

“Yena!” Chaewon called out a little too loudly because of the loud music, giving her a surprise hug. Go Eun stood right behind her. 

 

The blonde did a little wave and mouthed that she’s gonna go get something to drink and walked away, dragging Tzuyu with her. 

 

“Thank god. I'm kinda nervous, this is my first party and I've never been drunk before.” Yena admitted. 

 

“Why are you alone? Chaewon asks and looked around. “Where are your roommates?” 

 

"Yuri went to play beer pong, Chayeon is busy dancing, Hyewon is probably devouring all the food, and Minju is nowhere to be found."

 

“Don't worry, you got me. I'm going to look after you tonight.” Chaewon reassured her with a smile as the pair began to approach more familiar faces.

 

“Here, try one of these” Chaewon handed her a colorful bottle. “It’s a cruiser, it will taste sweeter than regular alcohol so it's a good way to start.”

 

Yena innocently nodded in understanding as she began to taste her first drops of alcohol. “Wahhhh~ it's really sweet hehehe.” She exclaimed, feeling the effects immediately.

 

A soft chuckle escaped Chaewon as she found the first time drinkers’ response utterly adorable.

 

“Come on Ducky, let's go dance.” Chaewon puts their drinks down and laced their fingers together as they head to the huge huddled circle on the dance floor. 

 

Yena and Chaewon squeeze in to see Chaeyeon and a 'sober' Sakura in the middle of everything, busy shuffling their feet to an upbeat song that kept repeating 'Oh nanana'. The difference in skill level is evident between the dance major and the girl who spent all her time in a chair playing games. 

 

Chaewon looked to her side and easily recognized Sana and Momo dancing on top of a table which Jeongyeon w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter