Nayeon Has a Very, Very Bad Day

Don't Sass Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♡-------------------------------------------------------♡

Gwanju Hospital

7:30 P.M 

Closing the iron doorknob to Director Song’s office was like signing her own death note. Yena was excused from the office to allow Mina, Chaewon’s grandmother, and director Song to further discuss details that she hadn't need to worry about. Her voice quivered as she immediately dropped to her knees. “I can’t do this, not again.” 

 

Nayeon was quick to drop next to the girl and huddle her up closely into her arms. “Don’t say that Yena, we can do this. You have Mina, me, and everybody else to carry you through this. Think about Chaewon for a change hmm?”

 

These words only gave fuel to the angst and despair that was enveloping deep within Yena’s heart. Tossing her head side to side, “I can’t go on this date tonight, it’s not happening.”

 

It was at this point Nayeon was at a loss in how she could cheer up or distract the girl. She decided that it would be better to wait for Mina to come back, “we’ll talk about it later.” Nayeon guided Yena to the first aisle of chairs back in the main lobby. Fortunately, the lobby was packed with new arrivals of mothers and children going in for a New Year’s check-up. The loud noises and chaos should serve as a temporary distraction for Yena, Nayeon thought to herself. 

 

Grabbing the same business magazine Yena was reading beforehand, Nayeon flipped to the first page, and sarcastically asked, “Would you like to hear my analysis on bulk buying blockchain stocks?” Much to her surprise, Yena fervently nodded yes. The girl was willing to hear anything to distract herself from her inner thoughts she guessed. 

 

Shrugging her shoulders dismissively Nayeon answered back, “I’m not gonna lie, I have no ing idea how this cryptocurrency stuff works.” In a disgruntled tone, “Mina already got mad at me last year after I lost $300 worth of our savings investing in penguin sanctuaries.” Nayeon looked up to the sky as if she was complaining to God himself. “How was I supposed to know penguins usually spend 75% time in the water and not on land? The penguin I have spends 75% of her time in our ing room behind that computer screen playing PUBG with Sakura anyways.” Nayeon was still bitter that she was the one that had to give in and apologize for wanting to support what she thought was a good cause.” At least her pain served Yena well as she turned to see the younger girl show a small smirk. 

 

“Chaewon and you are going to go through the same thing don’t worry.” This erased what little progress Nayeon had made beforehand of cheering up the girl. “It’s not going to happen,” Yena mumbled softly. 

 

Angrily groaning, “What do you mean. You like her, she likes you. What’s so complicated about it? Just do it, man.” Nayeon paused for a moment to register her word choice. “Okay, not like doing IT, like that. But like, together.” Her added visual of folding her two hands into each other didn’t add much to the appeal or the direction Nayeon was trying to get at. “You know what I mean.” 

 

“I don’t and I don’t want to.” 

 

Yena continued in a petty voice. “She has Eunbi anyways.” 

 

Nayeon allowed a frustrated hand to go down from her bangs and into her chin. “You’re still on this?” 

 

“Yes, I am.” Yena hurtfully turned to face the girl. “It doesn’t matter how much I like her and if she thinks the same. It doesn’t change the fact that I don’t know what condition I'll be in tomorrow. Chaewon still likes Eunbi and Eunbi...Eunbi is trying her best to make up for what she lost with Chaewon.” Yena’s face slumped as she let the last words spit off her tongue. 

 

“It’s just easier if I got out of the way.” 

 

“What’s easier if you got out of the way?” Nothing in the world is scarier than the Myoui Mina when she sees or hears something she does not like. Many would say it's the hidden “princess” attitude. Interjecting before things escalated Nayeon followed. “She’s talking about finding a job and figuring out a way to pay back Chaewon’s grandmother and-”

 

A raised eyebrow from Mina changed Nayeon’s mind about bluffing immediately, “Okay, Yena doesn’t want to go on a date with Chaewon anymore and is still being dumb about Eunbi.” The older girl released a defeated sigh, she always at lying to her girlfriend. Even though she answered earnestly she could still feel Mina’s glaring eyeballs digging into her scalp. “What?” Nayeon stomped her foot. 

 

“You’re going on this date tonight Yena.” Were the only words Mina said as she pulled out her phone to send a text message presumingly to either Yuri or Chaewon to give an update.

 

"Where's that old hag at?" Nayeon peered around the corner of the lobby towards the hallway that led to Director Song office to find no sign of the scary grandma or her cane.

"Director Song and her took a walk, she said she'll find a chance to talk to Yena and us again some other day." Mina finished her text message and slung her purse over her shoulder. "Ready to go?"

 

“I’m not going.” Yena sunk her head into her knees, deflated by the depressing news. Nayeon bit her lip and a small grumble erupted in her vocal cords. Witnessing Yena revert from her beautiful and confident self and into a defeated loft was causing her to change her mind on whether or not sending her on this date was the smart move. “You’re going.” Mina spared no sympathy. Bending down on her knees in front of Yena, Mina followed in a warmer tone. “We’re not going to let any of this stupid medical stuff get in the way of your love life. Nayeon and I are going to drop you off at that ice rink and you’re going to end tonight on the happy note we all know you’ve been dreaming of.” 

 

“Are, are we sure about this? I mean we can always reschedule it’s not like Chaewon is busy anyway.” Mina angrily side glared at her girlfriend. Nayeon knew to argue with Mina was like yelling at a brick wall, but her own instinct was reconsidering the plan ahead. 

 

“Babe, I know you don’t like this” Nayeon attempted to make the most neutral voice she could make. Just from the small glance from Mina, she knew that this could erupt into a violent shouting match if she didn’t find a way to decelerate Mina’s rising anger. Think Nayeon, think, think, think, what’s your game plan?

 

“I’ll go.” The small voice between the couple quickly erased the rising tension around the room.

 

“You’re what?” Nayeon worriedly studied Yena. She knew better than anyone that Yena was up to no good with this. 

 

“Let’s do it,” Yena repeated this time with a small smile. 

 

“See?” Mina hissed.

 

 Nayeon surrendered a hopeless face under the eye of her girlfriend. “Well, guess we're doing this.” 

 

 

♡-------------------------------------------------------♡

Sanghwan Ice Rink and Cafe,

7:30  P.M (same time as above)

 

Chaewon sluggishly whisked her spoon within the whirlpool of hot chocolate with one finger. Any trace of the whip cream or marshmallows that originally was placed on top of the mug was melted into a sea of brown. The last life of her hot chocolate had died some time ago as there was no longer any steam rising into her slouched face. Exhaling sharply, Chaewon turned her head around the open cafe confused where all the noise had gone. Most signs of life around the area and outside skating rink had disappeared. Just an hour ago, the rink was packed with busy couples and friends circling around. All that remained were the occasional late-night skater that gracefully wrapped around the rink hand in hand. Must be nice, Chaewon frowned before sliding her phone cover off. She finally received a text.

 

“Hey sorry we're so late, Nayeon’s car broke down again and we’ve stuck near Yena’s apartment for the past two hours.”

 

Chaewon fervently wrote back “It’s always Nayeon!, hurry up! The rink closes in half an hour” The girl finished her text and tossed her phone back onto the wooden table in front of her. 

 

I should have just taken her myself. Chaewon released a prolonged groan. She didn’t know why the couple was so insistent on taking Yena herself. All their problems would have melted away if they had just let her drive Yena instead. Chaewon heard her phone jiggle again and turned over her case. 

 

“Yena isn’t showing it, but you should see how anxious and angry she is ;)” This caused Chaewon to smile for the first time that night.

 

“Tell her not to worry and it’s not her fault.” She made a quick reply before slouching her face into the table. Might as well catch a couple of minutes of shut-eye she thought to herself. She allowed the soft instrumentals of piano music to drift her out of consciousness.

 

“That was so much fun.” Chaewon released a satisfied laugh as she made a graceful turn with her ski to face her partner. The goggled partner followed up with the same grace but was able to stop in her tracks more fluidly than Chaewon had.

 

“Show off.” The younger girl scuffed.

 

“Loser.” Eunbi fired back calmly while removing the headgear off her face. 

 

“Let’s go again!” Chaewon was already trudging her way through the snow and back to the lift. 

 

“Didn’t you want to spend some time with Mina, Nayeon,...and Yena?” Chaewon’s smile rubbed off. She stopped in her tracks and stood silently as Eunbi slowly followed behind her.

 

“Last time.” Chaewon continued to walk forward ignoring Eunbi's comment.

 

“You two aren't in a fight are you?” This caused Chaewon to face the older girl with a scowl. “No, never.” She firmly replied. 

 

Eunbi only walked past her with a devious smirk on her face. The older girl helped Chaewon unbuckle the ski from her boots, and held her equipment as they got on the swinging lift. They heard the mechanic pulley churn with a large crank and the two were rising from the snow and were suddenly meters in the sky. The lift itself was dramatically slow and stopped on the occasion to adjust for newcomers. In the distance, Chaewon smiled as she could make out Yena clinging onto Nayeon and Mina for her dear life as they moved .05 miles through the base of the mountain together. Even when they rose so high that she couldn’t make out the three figures, she could still hear Yena crying for her mother and Nayeon screaming back at her to fix her feet. 

 

 

 

They were about halfway up to the peak of the mountain which is where they had been skiing before Eunbi was the first to strike up a conversation, “Chaewonnie~” Chaewon raised an eyebrow to the nickname she hadn’t heard in years since they first started dating. It wasn’t exactly unpleasant or spoken mockingly so she decided to let it slide, “Kwonbie” Chaewon smirked as she spat out the own pet name she had created for Eunbi.

 

“What is it about Yena that you like?” Chaewon blinked rapidly, not quite registering the question. 

 

“Uhh” For some reason her mind turned completely blank to the question at hand. Something she thought could have been answered so easily in any other circumstance. Why did her mind decide to go blank now? In order to cover up for her blank moment, Chaewon began to spit out a list of qualities she found attractive about Yena. It was only once she had run out of adjectives to use she realized how shallow her answer was. Eunbi’s smudge expression at the end only made Chaewon feel more frustrated.

 

“So you don’t,” Eunbi answered in a cool voice.

 

“I do!” Chaewon caused their whole lift to shake in the air as she turned to face the older girl. A moment of panic overcame the young redhead. She heaved a sigh of relief once she felt the seat return to its normal state.

 

“Let’s try it like this Chaewonnie,” something about this wasn’t going to go right Chaewon knew right away. “Let’s say Yena, you, and me. We’re sitting in this lift together.” She waved her hand. 

 

“Don’t ask-“

 

“Who are you going to save from falling off? her or me?”

 

Chaewon turned around and refused to acknowledge the pretension of the question. The obvious answer was “well duh, we can all fit.” Or “that would never happen.” But Chaewon knew even if she didn’t respond to Eunbi, she would already be thinking about it and that was all that mattered.”

 

What struck Chaewon even harder is how her first and second impulse wasn’t even to save Yena. A low hiss involuntarily escaped Chaewon’s mouth. Eunbi didn’t show it but she knew the girl wanted to smirk under her clouded expression.

 

“That’s not fair” Chaewon grumbled, surrendering her answer.

 

“What’s not?” Eunbi innocently turned to the younger girl. “You know-. Like- come on, I’ve known you longer and I have to think about how my parents would feel, and-“

 

“You like me more than Yena, admit it.” Chaewon pulled down her beanie to control her anger. She refused to answer back, but that didn’t fix the original problem…

 

why couldn’t she deny it….

 

Eunbi sealed her death stamp with the cruelest and heart-wrenching action. Chaewon sat frozen stiff as she felt the trace of Eunbi’s front lips pressed into her red ridden cheeks. Either the rising altitude or Eunbi’s words were playing into Chaewon’s heart. There was only one way to prove it all. Without any other thought, Chaewon turned her face and threw her lips into Eunbi. Eyes squeezed tight, Chaewon put as much passion into pressing her hands onto the back of Eunbi’s skull. Worse of all was how much more skill and experience the older girl had as she twisted Chaewon’s face and caused her to numb immediately from the warmth of Eunbi’s tongue sliding past her own lips and into . Her eyes nearly rolled to the back of her skull as she sat dumb stricken to Eunbi’s lovemaking. She eventually dared to break the kiss in a push. Quickly Chaewon closed her eyes and began mentally counting her heartbeats. She has lost track before the 20-second mark in disbelief in what she had just done. It wasn’t enough to test her theory.

 

Facing Eunbi who stared into her with the same level of passion and love from years back, she whispered to her older and former lover “again”

 

♡-------------------------------------------------------♡

Sanghwan Ice Rink and Cafe,

8:05 P.M 

A small tap on her shoulder was all that was necessary to cause Chaewon to jump from her seat in a panicked shake. The hot chocolate mug that was unfitting for its name, at any rate, had seeped through the table and created a small pool. She watched as the unidentified figure in front of her, bent down and did her best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter