All Under One Roof

Don't Sass Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Busted.” Hyewon falsely exclaimed, not really caring if they got caught or not.

 

Chaewon’s cheeks flushed brighter than her hair, “Wipe that smug look off your face, Yena.”  

 

Yena recoiled at not being called her usual pet name. Frowning, she replied back, “Now, are you going to explain why you’ve been following me the whole afternoon... or did that complimentary couple cupcake set served at your table mean something else?” 

 

Hyewon’s face became distorted at the implication, “Don’t be ridiculous.” 

 

“Then, explain.” A hint of desperation rose from her voice, as she switched her eyes between the two guilty girls. 

 

Chaewon sighed, accepting the fact that telling the truth was the only rational option left. “You see...” 

 

“You see, this was my idea to drag Chaewon to stalk you.” Hyewon cut her off before she could continue.

 

“I heard from Minju that you were going on a date and I was concerned because I know you’re not even straight and that you have zero dating experience, and so I called Chaewon to tag along with me.” Hyewon easily played off.

 

Yena put a hand on her hip, not convinced.

 

Hyewon stayed cool, “I mean come on now, it’s not like I could have asked Yuri to tag along, the girl would've beaten that pretty boy to a pulp if she were here. Chaeyeon would've gotten easily distracted, and Minju… well, she’s the reason why we’re all here in the first place.” 

 

Hyewon ratted on her roommates so easily, Chaewon observed.

 

“Ow, what was that for.” Hyewon rubbed her forehead.

 

“I-D-I-O-T” Yena laughed. “For an acting major, you at lying.” Chaewon was taken aback, thinking Hyewon sounded highly convincing in her...bull.

 

“Besides how do you even know my uality?” Yena was strangely flattered by her roommates insulting words. 

 

“I mean, come on now it's so obvious. You literally swoon every time you see a cute girl on your news fee-” 

 

"Shut up.” Yena quickly stuffed Hyewon’s mouth with her leftover popcorn, hindering her speechless.

 

Just then, Jihoon approached them after finding Yena again.  “Friends?” He speculated.

 

“Bestfriends.” Hyewon corrected, a little too aggressively. 

 

Jihoon waved his hands in surrender but ignored the formalities. “This is perfect, I just got a call and I have to leave now, sorry. I'm sure you’re in good hands now?” He turns his attention to Yena.

 

“Yeah go ahead." Yena shyly waved him off. “...Thanks, by the way, I had a lot of fun,” She admitted, still feeling bad.

 

He smiled back reassuringly but still didn’t leave, irking Chaewon.

 

Sensing that he was expecting a hug or some sort of skinship to say goodbye, she interrupted with a fake cough to catch his attention. “Her bag.” Chaewon ushered to him. 

 

“Oh, right.” Jihoon slid Yena’s backpack off his shoulders and into Chaewon’s hand as she stared him down. 

 

“I’ll make sure to tell Minju how fun you were, I'll take my leave now, bye.” Jihoon rushed his goodbye not being able to handle the devilish stares from Hyewon and Chaewon.

 

As he sped walked away, the two girls in return made eye contact and laughed knowing damn well what they did. 

 

“When did you two get so close.” Yena raised an eyebrow.

 

“Oh relax, she’s still whipped for you Yena, let me tell you...OW!” Hyewon winced while once again, rubbing her forehead in pain, this time from Chaewon. 

 

“Can we talk one on one a little later?” Chaewon interrupted fed up with the frustration of not talking to Yena for so long.

 

“Sure." The blonde replied with a gentle smile. Chaewon bit back a smile of her own. 

 

Things were a bit awkward, but they sure missed each other’s presence. The afternoon air was chilly, just enough to make Chaewon’s cute button nose red and her cheeks to turn a rosy pink. 

 

“I missed you by the way.” Yena nervously admitted, rubbing her shoulder. 

 

Chaewon couldn’t help but expose a cheeky smile. “Me too.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That same afternoon

 

“That’s the last of it.” Nayeon thought to herself as she heaved the last cardboard box up the stairs and into her new bedroom, or should we say their bedroom. She smiled slightly.

 

She scanned the room for a final inspection. Besides the queen-sized bed that laid center in the room. On one side was Mina’s unpacked gaming setup and a drawer. The other side laid Nayeon’s. The difference in neatness was evident in the two girl’s contrasting personalities. They made it work though. More so, Mina made it work by doing all the cleaning. 

 

Mina walked into their room freshly out from a shower and wrapped in a purple towel that held a tiara design. “I thought you finished bringing stuff over yesterday?” 

 

“Eunbi held some of my stuff in her closet after being too annoyed from me borrowing her clothes when I slept over at your place.” 

 

“Has she finished moving into Jihyo’s house?” Mina started applying lotion on her long silky legs, earning a shameless look from Nayeon.

 

Laying down next to Mina, “Yeah I helped her move her stuff earlier today while you were at work.” She blew her hair still flustered from her workout, aka carrying two boxes up the stairs. 

 

Attempting to roll onto Mina, “We haven't tested how durable this bed is, have we?” She tempted to seduce her girlfriend. 

“We’re having guests over tonight, and we still need to cook.” She shook Nayeon off easily. 

 

“Five minutes.” Nayeon threw up her fingers into Mina’s face.

 

“Five minutes my .” She bit the older girl's index finger. 

 

Grimacing in pain, “Your weird kinks are showing babe.” Nayeon attempted to fire back.

 

“Should we invite Yena and her roommates tonight?” Mina asked, ignoring the previous statement. 

 

“Hmm, I know Jeongyeon, Sana, and Momo have taken a particular liking to them, but Eunbi might feel uncomfortable seeing Chaewon and Yena together, don’t you think?”

 

Mina sighed a little, forgetting about the tension between the two still. “You’re right, maybe we could invite them over next time.” 

 

Nayeon read her girlfriend's disappointed face. “No, I think inviting them all would be a great idea.” Nayeon swooned and moved Mina to sit on her lap.

 

“How so?” Mina scrunched her eyebrows trying to understand her perspective.

 

“I think having Eunbi, and Chaewon come over and maybe even having a serious conversation between us four might be a good idea, actually,” Nayeon said reassuringly. “Maybe Eunbi might grow a liking towards Yena.”

 

Mina's face brightened for a moment before registering, “Is it really our place to intervene?” 

 

Nayeon blew her cheeks, contemplating, “Wouldn’t it be nice if someone helped us out when we were struggling?” Nayeon inquired, wrapping her arms around the girl tighter. 

 

Mina’s mind flooded with the memory of lying in her mother’s lap back in Kobe after having a big fight with Nayeon. Her eyes slightly watered recalling how she rocked like a toddler and wet her mother’s knees with her own tears. Mina couldn’t even recall the context of the argument Nayeon and her got into, that's how irrelevant it actually was. She remembers how her mother sat cooly and ran her fingers through he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter