My Guardian Angel

Don't Sass Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Eunbi closed the front door behind her after checking the hallway for any uninvited snoopers. She peered at Yena who stood nervously fiddling with her jeans. The winter wind bruising her bare arms. 

 

“You seemed to forget what we discussed a month ago. Didn’t I already tell you to stay away from her?” Yena looked up at her, eyes laced with fear. 

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound aggressive… I’m frustrated,” Eunbi said, running her hand through her hair. “Listen Yena, I didn’t mean to threaten you last time. Chaewon and I, we've been through a lot. There’s a lot of things that I did and said that hurt her, and I’m trying to make up for it, to make up for our lost time. But no matter how hard I try to show her that I care, that I still love her, she just pushes me away. I know, I just know that she still has feelings for me, even if it's just a little bit. You can't easily get rid of something like that so easily.”

 

Yena said nothing, listening to the girl made her sympathize with her. She continued to watch her as the other girls' eyes welled with tears, whether it's from pain or frustration, she didn’t know. But what Yena did know was that she’ll help her go through it despite their differences.

 

“I know it's not my place to ask but, is it okay to know what exactly happened between you two?” Yena shifted as she watched the girl stare at the wall as if contemplating whether to tell her or not.

 

Sensing the girl might feel burdened, Yena quickly followed up with; “You don't have to tell me if you don't wan-"


 

“It's been years but, I remember it so vividly; the day I broke her heart." Eunbi cut off, making Yena snap her head up to look at her. 

 

 

“It's been years but, I remember it so vividly; the day I broke her heart." Eunbi cut off, making Yena snap her head up to look at her. 

 

"Unni! Congrats on graduating!" Chaewon came running to Eunbi, carrying a big bouquet of flowers. Her smile was contagious as she attempted to hug Eunbi, but couldn't because of the flowers. Eunbi laughed and took the flowers from her, patting her head as she enveloped Chaewon in a tight hug. 

 

"Thanks, Wonnie." She looks at Chaewon with so much love in her eyes. She heaved a deep sigh and takes Chaewon's hand. 

 

"Let's go for a walk." 

 

"But what about your pictures, unni? Aren't you gonna take them with your friends? Unni, let's take one too!" Chaewon excitedly took out her phone as she skipped to the field and sat down on the grass. Eunbi followed suit and sat down next to her. 

 

"1 2 3, say wheeze." Chaewon giggled, cheeks rosy in the cold. She sniffled as she shivered. Eunbi takes out her own hot pack and places it on Chaewon's cheek. "Don't get sick, you little baby."

 

"I'm not a baby!" 

 

Eunbi chuckled, the high school freshman was certainly endearing. 

 

Chaewon didn't like that Eunbi treated her like a kid, so she tried her best to act mature. But she can't help but show her true young self when Eunbi is around, because Eunbi takes care of her, nurtures her and protects her with a warmth that she couldn't get from anyone else.

 

"Chaewon, I want to talk to you about something."

 

"What's it about?" Chaewon asked as she went through the pictures that they just took, humming in satisfaction when she found the perfect one to make her wallpaper. Eunbi studied her profile, the girl had cute doe eyes and a cute button nose. Her hair was long and silky, locks flowing down effortlessly. They had met when they were children when a small Chaewon threw a tantrum because she wanted a tarantula as a pet. Eunbi had spotted her and explained to her kindly why she should choose a bunny as a first pet instead. The day ended with a happy Chaewon carrying her first bunny and saying goodbye to Eunbi while promising to visit her every day after school as she asked her parents to get Eunbi's parent's number so they can play. They have been inseparable ever since. 

 

Eunbi lets her eyes roam on Chaewon for a moment longer, not believing that bratty girl to grew up so beautifully. 

 

"Unni?" Chaewon tilted her head, noticing Eunbi spacing out. 

 

"Oh yeah, sorry. Chaewon, you like unni right?"

 

"Of course I do! I love you unni!" Chaewon says with a hug, making Eunbi laugh. Eunbi breaks free from the hug and hits Chaewon's forehead. "Don't say things like that so easily, brat."

 

"I'm not unni! I really love you. I'll miss you when you go to college. You'll keep in contact with me, right?" Chaewon's doe eyes stayed glued on Eunbi, begging the older girl to confirm. 

 

"About that… would you like.. to...date...me? Eunbi said with a whisper, her voice becoming softer and was barely hard to hear. She looks down and fiddles with the bouquet.

 

"What did you say unni?" 

 

"I.. I'd like you to go you out with me. I feel like if I don't ask you out right now, I won't have any other chance to when I move to college. I'll get really busy and probably won't contact you often but if- What I mean to say is; Chaewon, I think I like you a lot."

 

Chaewon smiled, dropping her phone on her lap as she took Eunbi's face and gave her a peck on the lips. 

 

"I like you too unni. And I'd like to stay in contact with you forever." Chaewon says as she studied Eunbi's face. The girl seemed to be in a trance. Eunbi snaps out of it and starts berating her. "I told you not to do that stuff so carelessly, especially to other people." Eunbi huffed. 

 

"But you're not other people unni, you're my girlfriend." Chaewon gives a cute toothy grin and gives her a peck on the cheek instead. 

 

"So, is that a yes?" Eunbi asked, still confused. 

 

"Obviously unni, gosh, sometimes you're just so slow." The girl giggled.

 

Eunbi beamed at that. "Promise me you won't change unni."

 

"I won't, I promise." Chaewon just gave a satisfied smile as she leaned her head on Eunbi's shoulder. She couldn't be any happier. 


 

2 years later. 

 

"Unni you haven't been picking up my calls." Chaewon huffed, a bit pissed that Eunbi's been pushing her aside lately. 

 

"I've been busy." 

 

"So? I've been busy too but I still find time to contact you. You didn't even send me a single text to tell me how you're doing, let alone call. It's so hard to see you these days, and I feel like you've been avoiding me."

 

It was a while before Eunbi spoke, but when she did, it broke Chaewon's heart.

 

"Chaewon. You and I, we can't be together."

 

"I'm so confused, explain?" Chaewon was shocked, to say the least. She was already stressed trying to get into college and her upcoming graduation. And all of a sudden she gets hit with this. 

 

"Let's break up." Eunbi said with a serious expression, her eyes were dark as if nothing mattered anymore. 

 

"Really, that's the first thing you say to me after ghosting me all of a sudden?" Chaewon's eyes brimmed with tears as it threatened to fall. 

 

Eunbi looked at her with such sympathy that it made her feel pathetic about herself. 

 

"We can still be friends I-, I still wanna be friends with you. If that isn't too much to ask." Eunbi looks up the ceiling, she fought the urge to breakdown. She didn't want this, she didn't want any of this. She loved Chaewon to death, but her shortcomings and insecurities got to her and she felt like she wasn't good enough for Chaewon. She wanted to be there for her as much as she can, but she thought ahead and concluded that she won't be able to provide for both of them in the future. Chaewon only deserves the best and she won't be able to give her that. 

 

Chaewon all of a sudden grabs her arm as her tears started to fall. She closed her eyes as she attempted to take shallow breaths. "Tell me, at least tell me what I did wrong unni. Did I- Did I do something? What's it really about, unni? Please, I'm begging you, don't be like this. You're the only person I've ever loved and the only person I'll ever love." Chaewon hold Eunbi's face as she forced the girl to look at her. She kisses Eunbi and puts her forehead against the other girl's as she closed her eyes. "I can take anything," Chaewon managed to say amidst her sobs, "Anything, unni. But please don't tell me you fell out of love for me. Because if that is so then that means I won't be able to get you back."

 

Eunbi moves her face away from Chaewon, she carefully takes Chaewon's hands away from her face and gently puts it. She takes a step back and looks at the girl she's loved for such a long time. "I'm sorry, Chaewon."

 

"You're really selfish, you know that?" Chaewon says, almost in shock. The fact that Eunbi didn't deny falling out of love with her felt like someone take out her heart and tore it into so many tiny pieces that it just scattered in the wind and disappeared. She felt numb, hollow even. 

 

Eunbi forced a smile, "I know."

 

"We can be friends, I just can't assure my feelings will go away that easily. We'll be going to the same University after all." Chaewon truthfully said as she started walking away. Leaving Eunbi as she finally lets her tears fall.


 

“So that’s why Yena... I’m begging you to please, please give me a chance with her. I want to make things right again, I-I love her too much. I was a fool to choose my insecurities over her. I thought it would be for the best, but I was wrong.” Eunbi heaved a deep breath. “Will you help me?”

 

Chewing on her lip. Yena was in deep thought. She knew this was the right thing to do but something inside her was unwilling to share the redhead she has come so fond of. Thinking about Chaewon appearing from nowhere earlier and saving her from the date made her heart flutter. More than that, she realized how lonely she was after walking with Jihoon. 

 

Convincing herself she was being the selfish one in the situation she blew a small fog of steam and looked back at Eunbi with a determined expression. 

 

“That’s enough, Eunbi”. Both turned to the arrival of Nayeon standing with the door open, two arms crossed in a dissatisfied manner. 

 

Eunbi made a small tsk, she hoped her best-friend didn’t hear everything she said. 

 

“We’re just making small talk,” Yena attempted to break the tension. Her heart was racing not wanting Nayeon to get any wrong ideas. 

 

“We just had some concerns, and wanted to talk in private, right Yena?” Eunbi joined in.

 

The younger girl nodded aggressively.

 

Even though Nayeon heard every second of the conversation she chose to hide that fact for now. Confronting Eunbi's compulsive lies would achieve nothing. She was curious, however, why Yena would hide the fact. “Let's go back inside." 

 

As both girls were entering through the front door Nayeon paused.

 

“Yena.” 

 

The younger girl turned around with an awfully cute pout. 

 

“Stay out here with me for a moment, won't you? 

 

Nayeon gives Eunbi a look, knowing she would attempt to make a clever comment to prevent the two from talking. Seeing Nayeon already glaring at her she knew better than to talk back to her best friend when she was this serious.

 

Eunbi rolled her eyes and walked away into the house without a single word.

 

Nayeon leaned on to the guard rail as Yena closed the front door behind her. Her head was down like she was about to get scolded by a parent. This girl is awfully adorable. It almost reminded her of-. Nayeon cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter