Grilled

Don't Sass Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

Yena looked at the time, lunch was almost over, but she had wanted to spend more time with Chaewon. Chaewon had invited her to a party even though she didn't need to, so it was only fair to invite her to an important event. To her, at least.

 

"Hey, so. Uhm." Chaewon looks up from her drink, waiting for her to speak.

 

"If you're not busy after class, do you wanna go watch my brother's movie premier?"

 

"Your brother?"

 

"Yeah, he's an actor. Choi Sungmin." Yena explained, not expecting Chaewon to know him, since the girl would probably only recognize theatre actors.

 

"Oh wow. I didn't know he had a sister. Now that I think about it, the resemblance is uncanny, you two look like twins."

"You know him?"

 

"Of course I do, I don't live under a rock. He's like, one of the top rising actors right now."

 

"I guess. So, would you like to come?" 

 

"Sure, I don't have anything to do anyways."

 

She lied, she had a lot to do. She still needed to practice for her upcoming performance, but she'll deal with that later. Choi Yena over stressful rehearsals? Already sounds like heaven on earth, if you ask her. 

 

Yena beamed, “Great! I'll see you after class?” getting up from the seat..

 

Chaewon nodded, paying the girl with a smile. “See you after class.”

 

Yena ran off, books almost falling from her arms. She turned around one more time though, and yelled; “I’ll text you!” Before continuing to run out and away from the cafeteria to her next class. Chaewon lets out a soft laugh and shakes her head, watching the clumsy girl almost trip on, you guessed it, a misplaced garden hoe.

 

But to Chaewon's demise, a certain group of heads witnessed the exchange, thus came the never-ending teasing. 

“iT wAsn'T a DaTe.” 

 

“Jeongyeon, that only works in text.” Chaewon rolled her eyes and turned her head to the approaching girls.

 

“Shut up, you know what I mean.”

 

“It's okay Chaewon, we don't mind that you're dating. Just make sure to spend time with us too, okay?” Mina laughed while patting Chaewon’s head affectionately. 

 

Tzuyu pretended to gag while looking between Chaewon, Mina, & Nayeon. “Oh god, we have another couple other than the gross duo over here. “

 

“Hey!” Nayeon was about to go off but is interrupted by a deafening squeal. 

 

“We're not dating!” Chaewon’s voice cracked a little. 

 

Jihyo immediately covered Jeongyeon’s mouth before she throws some stupid insult.

 

“Sure, uh huh” Momo saltily remarked as she continued to scroll through dating profiles on her phone.

 

“Look at her being in denial, so cute.” Sana joined in and began to rub Chaewon cheek while Mina continued to pat the sitting girls head. 

 

“Don't you all have classes to go to?” Chaewon desperately tried to change the topic of discussion. 

 

“Yes indeed, that's why we're here. Making our way to the door, when we saw your disgusting uwu ‘I'll text you' .”  Jeongyeon is finally able to make out after biting Jihyo’s hand. 

 

“Oh hush jeongyeon, it was cute.” Mina scolded as she gave Chaewon a motherly backhug. 

 

“Yeah, you're just mad Momoring only cares about food.” 

 

“K.” 

 

“No, but seriously, Momo would you choose Jeongyeon over Jokbal?” Jihyo turned to the girl who’s busily on her phone

.

“Of course-”

 

“That's my-”  “-not. I'm not crazy, why would I do that?” 

 


“Shut up guys. But seriously Chaewon, what is up with you and that Yena girl?” Go eun tried to turn everyone’s attention back to the real tea. 

 

“Chaewon?”

 

“Eh? Where'd she go?” Mina looked down to the empty seat where Chaewon was just sitting at.

 

They all look around and see the girl already walking a distance away, making them realise they were all late for their respective classes, as they disperse with profanities. 

 

Yena quickly whipped out her phone as she walked out of her class. She'd seen a text from Chaewon saying she was already waiting outside. 

 

Wonnie
I'm outside the lecture hall.
Today at 4:45pm

 

Yena had changed Chaewon's contact name a while back, she deemed it fit since calling her Radish Fairy would've been weird anyway. 

 

She sees the girl leaning against the wall, one foot up with her eyes closed. She had earphones on, softly humming to a tune she didn’t recognize. 

 

“Did you wait long?” Yena bashfully approached the girl not wanting to cause her to be alarmed. 

 

The girl doesn't respond. 

 

“Hey, Wonnie.” She brings her hand in front of the girl's face and waved but it to no avail. Yena figured the girl couldn't hear her, so she boldly released a statement. 

 

“You know, you look extremely beautiful all the time. But you look even more ethereal when you have your eyes closed.” 

 

Chaewon's eye suddenly opened, pairing with a smug expression. “Why thank you, I didn't know you thought of me that way.”

 

Yena was dumbfounded, lips shaping into a pout. She hits Chaewon’s arm lightly with her bag.

 

“Were you just pretending to listen to music!?” 

 

Chaewon shrugged, the smug smile never leaving her face. She leaned away from the wall, chuckling at Yena's red face as she walks ahead. 

“Are you coming or not?”

 

“I-I am!”

 

Yena quickly composed herself and followed behind Chaewon, they walk side by side in silence for a while, both pretending to admire the boring floor of the hallway. Chaewon looked deep in thought as she stopped walking, making Yena stop in her tracks as well.

 

“Just so you know, you look extremely beautiful too.” The girl says without turning to face her and continued to make her way towards the parking lot, leaving Yena dumbfounded once more.

 

They reach the parking lot. Chaewon ushering Yena to get in. Yena notices the bouquet of flowers on her dashboard. Chaewon had went ahead and bought a bouquet before waiting for Yena. 

 

“You bought flowers too?”

 

“Yeah. Can’t go empty handed, right?”

 

They pull out of the parking lot and headed to the venue. 

 

“By the way, don’t you think we're a bit underdressed for a movie premiere?” 

 

This was Chaewon’s first time at a movie premiere, she’s only been to theatre events and they are required to wear a more formal attire. She checked their outfits. Chaewon was wearing a grey shirt tucked in her ripped denim skinny jeans with white sneakers and white cashmere cardigan. She looked over to Yena who was wearing a stylish denim jacket with a grey hoodie underneath with black skinny jeans and white tennis shoes. They looked awfully casual given the fact that they were going to attend a movie premier.

 

“Yeah, don't worry about it. Only hollywood movie premiers do fancy stuff like that.”

 

“Huh.”

 

Yena tells Chaewon to park behind the building venue, as the main entrance was where the red carpet was being held. They were approached by a staff and a valet, and confirmed their identities. After showing their V.I.P. tickets, they were lead inside and up to a balcony that overlooked the red carpet where the other actor's relatives reside. A handsome looking man enters a while later, looking for someone as he studied everyone's face in the room. His face lights up when he spots a girl identical to himself and another girl who was ridiculously pretty. 

 

“Is that your sister? Wow, you two really look alike.” His manager asks him.

 

“That is my baby sister, all right.”

 

“Oh, who's that pretty girl next to her?”

 

“That must be the friend she was talking about. Let's go.” They approach the unsuspecting girls, Sungmin covering her sister’s eyes and whispering ‘guess who’.

 

“Oppa!” Yena removed his hands and turns to hug him.

 

“Did you miss me much?”

 

“Mhmm.” The girl snuggled against his chest, gaining attention from everyone in the room. Sungmin tells them that she’s his sister, all the while kissing the top of her head. She pulls away , taking Chaewon’s hand and pulled her forward.

 

“This is my friend Chaewon.”

 

“Hello, Chaewon. Thanks for coming today.”

 

“It's my pleasure.”

 

The girls handed their bouquets which the manager took, but Sungmin swats his hands away and holds it against him. The manager shakes his head.  

 

“You look awfully familiar.” The manager says to Chaewon.

 

Yena acknowledged the figure standing next to her brother.

 

“Hi, you must be oppa’s stylist.”

 

“Actually, I’m his manager.”

“Oh sorry, I thought you looked too young and stylish to be a manager so I mistook you as his stylist.”

 

Sungmin shakes his head, chuckling at his adorable sister. Chaewon lets out a scoff, making Yena turn to her, but she shrugs and looks away.

 

“Ah! You’re that famous youtuber! Ssamu, right?” The man, who goes by the name Kang Hyunseok, continued to talk to Chaewon.

 

“What are you talking about, Hyunseok?”

 

“She’s really famous online, she does song covers. She’s really cool hyung.”

 

“Oh, I think I’ve seen one of your videos before, that’s amazing.”

 

“Thanks. Yena and I will be collaborating soon.” 

 

“Really? My Yena doing videos online?”

 

“What's that supposed to mean!”

 

“You never recorded yourself singing aside from school projects.”

 

“Yeah, I thought it'd be a good change for once.”

 

“We need to go soon, hyung.”

 

“Ah right, I’ll see you later Yena. It was nice meeting you Chaewon.”

 

But before they could go, Hyunseok once again looked at Chaewon, ears turning red.

 

“Can I get your number, miss Chaewon?” Hyunseok bashfully asks, eyes directed towards his feet.

 

Yena looks at the two of them back and forth, blinking. She opened but closes it again, as if daring to say something but ultimately decided against it. She unconsciously tightens her hold on Chaewon's hand. Chaewon having felt it, gives Yena an assuring smile, why she did that though, she didn’t know.

 

“No, sorry. I don’t give my number out to strangers.”

 

Yena's face visibly relaxed, much to Chaewon’s amusement.

 

“Oh, is that so? Haha, it's fine i guess. See you girls later.”

 

Sungmin raised his eyebrow, he saw how oddly protective Yena got, but shrugged it off as he pats his younger manager’s shoulder and walk away. 

Yena looked at their intertwined hands, blushes, and let's go, leaving Chaewon’s hand feeling empty. 

 

“T-the movie is gonna start soon, we should stay here until the red carpet event is over.” Yena stuttered, Chaewon thought it was cute. 

 

They hear the screams for Choi Sungmin as he walks the red carpet, the interviewer asking him questions about the movie. One last question was asked and he proudly answered it.

 

“Is there anyone you would like to thank you tonight?”

 

“I’d like to thank my parents, they're in the province right now so if you're watching this, Mom, Dad, I love you!” He makes a heart towards one of the cameras and his fangirls melt

 

“I’d also like to thank my little siste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter