XIV. Unexpected Attack (Part I)

You are the Reason [Semi-Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person's POV

*I toss and turn in bed all night
Splashing across the sea of imagination
Liar liar liar, oh it can’t be
Liar liar liar oh oh*

Jihyo yawned as she blindly reached out for her phone. She keeps on waggling her hands at her right side. Not feeling any thing, she starts to open her eyes only to see an empty space. She sighed, before turning at her left to turn off the alarm. She's still not used at the arrangement of her new room. Of course, it was understandable as they just arrived at the mansion last night.

Because of the 6:30 am alarm, Jihyo decided to stand up already. She's the type of person who finds it hard to sleep again once she already opened her eyes. Remembering about Mina's condition last night, she decided to pass by the girl's room. But the moment she opened the door, the sight made her gasp.

Mina was sleeping peacefully, her scalp tucked under Momo's chin while her head was place at the guy's chest. Her arm was also draped at his waist. Momo's left arm was place at Mina's back, with his right hand holding the girl's head. The blue blanket covered their bodies up to the waist, but it was obvious that their feet are entangled. 

Jihyo can't help but muster a small smile seeing them, so she decided to watch the two sleeping figures. Some may think that it will be unfair because until now, she is still rooting for Momo and Mina to end up with each other just like back then. Although she already knows what Chaeyoung feels towards the second Jung now. Yes, Chaeyoung might be her "true blooded" brother, but that doesn't mean that he support his false hopes about his one-sided love for Mina.

For Jihyo, the only mistake that she regrets now is she left Chaeyoung alone at those times. If she could've been a better sister who talked and listened to Chaeyoung, then maybe it will lessen the envy and jealousy that the younger felt.

Something suddenly rang, making Jihyo jump back a little. It was not her phone this time, but the black smart phone that was placed above the bedside table. Before she can even walk away, the phone's owner already opened his eyes. Shock was evident from his eyes, seeing Jihyo but he quickly recovered by stopping the noise.

Momo entangled himself carefuly from Mina, with Jihyo noticing that he is putting his best effort not to wake up the slumbering girl. The thought made her smile again.

'Why in seven devils did I sleep without a shirt? She might think that something happened to us...' Momo thought, mentally slapping his head.

He cleared his throat, intending to speak but his phone rang again, causing him to mutter another incoherent curse. Quickly walking towards the door, Jihyo's voice made him stop all of a sudden.

"I know that nothing happened between the two of you last night just like that night..." she started, making Momo stop midway. "I know that you love her too much..." 

It shocked him, but he still kept himself emotional when he turns around to face the girl. His phone interrupted him again, stopping him from speaking the second time around.

"I'm not sorry about what happened last night. Pissing your brother brought me satisfaction" Momo replied coldly before opening the door to leave "And by the way, it must be 'You loved her too much..."

After the door closes, Jihyo sighed before looking worriedly at the sleeping Mina. He sat down, her right hand caressing the top of the girl's head.

"This is gonna hurt Minari," she whispered.

~

The moment he closed the door, Momo calmed himself down before answering his phone. Of course, only one person is brave enough to annoy the out of Momo.

"We are inside the same ing mansion Oh! You don't ing need to call me!" he heard a chuckle from the other line making him feel even more infuriated.

"Chill bro, I am already at the main HQ. Besides, you look so comfortable with Mina inhaling your chest. That's why Tzuyu and I decided to leave first..."

"Go to hell!" and there goes another laughing matter for Jeongyeon. 

"You already know, we've been there done that," he replied making Momo furrow his eyebrows.b"Anyway, can you come-" 

"Hyung! I. N. called that Winner attacked Stray Kids' mini-base! They can't hold them because some of Bangtan's men are with the group. Kids are in danger" Momo heard Tzuyu's shout which made him tense up. "They are being attacked!"

"WHAT THE???!! THOSE ROTTEN BASTARDS! NCT, back us up in the Stray's base!" Jeongyeon ordered.

"Send Jackson-hyung, Bambam-hyung and JB-hyung here at the mansion. Let's just meet there..." Momo ended the call before running towards his room.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Park's Mansion, 7:30 am

Mina's POV

A while ago, Jihyo woke me up for breakfast. I told her I will just follow after taking a shower and brushing my teeth. The maids said that the pipes will be fixed today so the bathrooms inside our rooms will be functional soon enough. After showering, I dried my self before putting on a simple shirt and white cotton shorts. I was blow-drying my hair while facing the mirror when I noticed see the purplish-red marks all around my neck and collar bone.

So last night wasn't a dream? Momo really did all of that, roughly torturing me for Chaeyoung to see. He really changed, he's not the same gentle and sweet guy. And it was all my fault. So the part of him, taking care of me and sleeping with me, was all a dream.

Feeling the tears falling down my face, I quickly wiped my tears before turning off the blow-drier. I also grabbed my concealer to cover the marks. The last thing that I want is to face the trio's dissing in the morning.

When I was about to get my phone at the bedside tabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter