001

~ Tainted ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pain surged through her entire body, heat over powering the winters blast of snow and bite, the trees offering no resistance towards the towering sun above. She felt her heart beat increasing, her lungs collapsing and her body shaking violently against the agonizing pain, she felt death knocking on her door, demanding she acknowledge it. She tried to bury herself in the snow to escapes the heat, yet it was futile, nothing would offer comfort in this state, she was doomed and forced to deal with it.

“Just calm down” a male’s voice reasoned for her attention, but it was a mere whisper compared to the drumming throb within her head, her eyes closing tightly to prevent the light from blinding her. “It’s going to be okay, just calm down and breath” his voice was soothing, and she could no longer ignore it, her eyes fluttering open to find a male like her age, kneeling beside her body.

“That’s better huh?” He whispered, his hands soothing through her matted hair, untangling the knots that combed through it with her struggles against the branches that lined the trees. “You’re probably thirsty, can you drink?”

She didn’t know the answer until the cold-water bottle was pressed towards her lips, her instincts taking over and swallowing every bit, the heat residing temporarily. “Sorry I’m late” he whispered, as though knowing that this was going to happen, and she pondered if her hero had been the real enemy that had inflicted this illness onto her.

“W…Who…” she couldn’t speak, was too dry from the constant heat, melting at the snow that laid beneath her.

“I’m Suho” he expressed, placing his hand along his heart “but my question is… Who are you? I didn’t expect you.”

“M…M…”

“It’s okay” he smiled, a beautiful one that she would have once believed belonged to a prince, his dark hair a contrast the pure white scene before her “you don’t have to answer yet.”

“Wh…What happened…?”

“You changed” Suho shrugged his shoulders as though it weren’t a big deal “but I promise it gets easier once your body grows accustomed towards it.” What the h e double hockey sticks was this guys talking about? What changed about her, aside from her clothes being gone… Wait… She was … SHE WAS !!!

Suddenly the world made sense again, and strength brewed through her, allowing her to stand up and cover her flesh with her arms. Her eyes narrowed upon the male who seemed surprised by her recovery, his hands instantly raising in complete surrender, obviously gluing together her thoughts.

“Woah there, calm down… I’m a friend” Suho, if that was his real name, suggested, using his hands to rise and fall, as though it would be enough to calm her frantic mind, yet she would have none of it. Anger was coursing through her, her body felt on fire with a new heat, a comforting one. “Don’t do it” Suho spoke, his voice changing in tone, more demanding than before. “You’ll regret it” he was threatening her now! That’s it!!!

In an instant, the world turned different vibrant colors, and instead of standing, she found herself crouching and pinned against the ground, a black large wolf biting into her neck, freezing her instantly. ‘Stop’ yet no one spoke, her eyes blinking a few times as she stared upon the crimson orbs that stared back at her. ‘Obey me, and you won’t get hurt.’

‘What’s going on?’ She didn’t verbally state the question, she only thought it, yet he answered instantly.

‘You changed, you’re one of us now. You belong in Exo. Didn’t your parents tell you?’ Yes, they told her about Exo and that she would meet them very soon, but she thought they were just a group of normal teenage boys that would flaunt for her attentions. She didn’t expect them to be… What the heck were they even?

‘Werewolves, and so are you…’

Stop reading my thoughts, you dumb jerk!

‘Who are you calling a dumb jerk huh!? I saved your !’

STOP IT!

‘Can’t help it, it’s one of the things that come with being shifted. We can read each other’s thoughts, because we can’t communicate any other way.’

How do I change back?

‘You just change back weirdo’ Suho’s voice was much deeper in thought, much more demanding and dominate.

‘Don’t call me weird, you’re the weird one. You’re some kind of gross stinky dog!’

‘Look in the mirror swe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter