Stare (Part 1)

YOU BLOOM IN ME

Part 1



 

Both Wonwoo and Jisoo run to him with arms wide open, beaming with the widest smiles and happy crescenting eyes.

Jeonghan met them halfway to the court and jump to their arms laughing..

"Congrats Jeonghan!"

Jisoo greeted and gave and last tap on his shoulders befor pulling away and letting him go as Wonwoo embrace him too.

"Congratulations!"

He just giggled with their greetings. Well Jeonghan just won first on the badminton tournament and now his bestfriends who are very supportive is there with him..

"Thanks guys! Waaahh.. I still can't believe it."

Jeonghan said already tearing up because endorphins is filling up his system. They just gave him a group hug and laugh at him.

That's their friendship. A friendship full of love and care. They support each other like brothers. Specially the two for Jeonghan. They treat him special than the others most of the time. Jeonghan is their priority and everyone who knew it envies it.

The three met when Jeonghan's family who is a new resident of their little hometown invited all their neighborhood for his birthday party back when he was still five years old.

It was a typical birthday for Jeonghan but the moment he made friends with Jisoo and Wonwoo, he then think it is the most unforgettable party he has ever had.

 

"Hello Jeonghan!"

Jisoo the 5 year old cat eyed boy came to him and smile before they heard another voice behind Jisoo.

"Ya! Jisoo, I said don't run."

Wonwoo said panting holding his knees.

Jeonghan just laugh and lace both his arms around the two and lead them to the park ahead.. It was the second week of their friendship and the three thinks they will never be apart from each other.

The three is eating on their favorite restaurant when Jeonghan suddenly asked something that caught both of them off guard.

"Don't you have boyfriends or girlfriends right now? I mean, we've been friends for almost all our lives and never been once you've introduced someone to me.. Weird."

Jeonghan with his curiousity made the two felt nervous. They just dismissed the question he gave but in their minds, something is bothering.

Jisoo look at Jeonghan who is smiling and laughing with other guys. He hates it. He hates the way they look at him like they're devouring Jeonghan on their imaginations already.

He hate how they touch him, how they talk to him with their flirty smiles.

But all he can do is just watch. Yes, he likes his bestfriend- romantically, but he don't want to prison him on their possesive grasps.

He always try to confess but always hindered by his what-ifs thoughts.

What if he don't like me back? What if he likes someone else? What if? What if? What if?!

So he settles down as a very understanding and caring bestfriend.

On the other hand, Wonwoo is someone who is actually the type who waits for the right time.. but knowing that he and Jisoo feels the same for Jeonghan, he think it would be unfair to have Jeonghan only for himself and destroy their strong friendship. So all he did is keep his true feelings to himself.
 

"Thank you guys for taking me home.. anyway, I'll be looking forward to see you on Kwan's party. There's a lot to catch there!"

Jeonghan even winked at them and laugh. They just smiled at his mischief and just give a brief good night.







 

"I think we should talk about something Wonwoo.."

Jisoo was the first one to talk while he and Wonwoo is walking back to their block. A few blocks away from Jeonghan's.

Wonwoo spare him a glance.

"About what Jisoo?"

The latter glance at him too before he look ahead.

"I know you feel the same way I do for him, Let's be honest this time."
 

Wonwoo stop on his pace and so did his bestfriend whom he treat like a brother.

He sighed. Usually, they would just wanna brush off the tension building whenever they're left alone talking about their angel.
 

"I do like him.."
 

Wonwoo boldly said without fear.

Jisoo smirked this time. His hands found on his pocket as he look at Wonwoo.

"Same.. and I just wanna let you know that I'm not backing out."
 

"Me either.. "


 

It was the first time, the tension surrounds the two. Tension that pushed their determination to the core.


 

Both sighed not wanting what is happening.

"What happened to us?"
 

Jisoo monologued not really knowing what to say. He don't want to hurt his bestfriend. He don't wanna ruin their friendship. He don't want to pressure themselves.. but he don't wanna lose Jeonghan too.

For Wonwoo, it was the same. They are always the same. Even with the person they love.. still the same.
 

"Wonwoo..  let's be fair."
 

The latter just smile but still had this uneasy feeling. Maybe because he is nervous, nervous of what this complex might get this through.

 

"Is this the moment when one of us should say the magic words?"
 

"What? May the best man win? Huh.."


 

They both laugh softly at that.

But silenced after the little giggle.

 

"Yeah.. May the best man win.."



 

It was serious this time. They just tap shoulders with each other and let their walking be the way to thier comprehension.

 

It was a brief truce, understanding between the two of them.


 

But the question is, who would Jeonghan choose between them?