Ten months

YOU BLOOM IN ME

It was a very blurry sight.

The crowd is dancing on the dance floor but Jun is just there trying to entertain his own with a little amount of beer on his mouth. He don't want to dance, he don't want to stand either. He just want to relax. It's his own bar after all, he owns everything here.

But the thought of not dancing or standing was dismissed the moment he caught sight of someone drinking on a counter across him.

Jun stood up after drinking a glass of cold water to somehow gave him right amount of sanity.

"Hey there.."

He approached.. he thought the person was beautiful from afar, but he's more angelic up close. He concluded it was a guy because of the adam's apple on his neck.

However, the guy didn't reply. He just spare Jun a glance before drinking again.

It was a heavy mixture of alcohol, Jun concluded. Until he notice that a consecutive three shots were taken again in a span of minutes.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

Jun had his throat dried up because of the question. He laughed a bit and face the now pouting man.

"Look.. that is just a dangerous question. I'm Jun anyway.."

The other laughed at him before he took those waiting hands.

"Yoon Jeonghan. This world's one and only angel."

They both laugh at the introduction..

Getting more indulged on the conversation, they both let themselves cheers every drink.

"So.. what's the reason you're trying to get drunk right now?"

Jun asked..

Jeonghan silenced and took another shot.

"Nothing in particular.. it's just my parents want me and my brother to marry each other."

He casually said. Jun had his eyes wide open and laugh at Jeonghan but the sudden tears on Jeonghan's eyes evident that the latter is not really joking.

"W-why would they do that?"

Jun asked with his face flushed with concern for the the new acquainted stranger.

Jeonghan sniffed and laugh butterly.

"Family tradition to keep the wealth for the family's bloodline only."

"Like.. like the royal families back in the time of our kings and queens?"

"Exactly.."

"That's terrible.. marrying your own blood."

"I figured."

Jeonghan slumped on the seat behind him in a dark corner. Jun somehow felt sorry for the angel.

"What if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?"

Jun asked slumping beside him.

Jeonghan smiled bitterly before he throw his head back on the headboard of the seat.

"This day is actually hilarious *giggled*. I came to my boyfriend's pad to tell him about my problem.. *giggled again* and guess what?"

Jun know Jeonghan is already drunk because of his laughing actions. He's also squinting his eyes trying to break off the temptation to sleep.

"What?" Jun asked.

"I saw him kissing someone outside his door."

An 'oh' came out from Jun's mouth because of what he heard.

"Funny right? Now I don't know how to escape my family's decision..."

Silence came between them. The loud beat of musice around was the only thing they can hear. It was a strange meeting with a stranger and Jeonghan is already drunk. However, he stood up excitedly and held Jun's hand abruptly.

"Dance with me.."

They both sunk at the huge crowd at the center of the platform. The song was a y melody. One that is making Jeonghan sway his whole body with Jun behind him.

It wasn't just that. They both got wild, and dirty. With Jeonghan's in front and close to Jun's crotch, you know exactly what is happening.

Grinding as they dance. Until both asked for more..

 

A loud banging of the door came when Jeonghan pushed Jun on it as they both fight dominance for the kiss. They're both feeling hot and thirsty.. thirsty for something.

Jun didn't mind the pain on his back when he hit the wooden door, what bothers him is Jeonghan's clothes. So he turned around and in one snapped he carried Jeonghan's weight with legs on his torso before he opened the door and slump Jeonghan against it still kissing him.

".."

Jun hissed when Jeonghan grind on him. Both hard and excited without actually thinking about tomorrow.

With one last bite, Jun and Jeonghan parted.

Both panting so heavy because of absence of air on their lungs the kiss had caused.

Jeonghan was about to reach for his lips again, but Jun backed away slightly.

Baffled, Jeonghan has his forehead formed a crease.

"I want to answer that question of yours."

Jeonghan rolled his eyes.

"Yes. I want to be your boyfriend."

Jun said looking at Jeonghan.

They silenced.. but just for a brief moment only because Jun bridged the gap of their lips again.

"Let me warm you up."









 

"What do you mean three months?!"

"What?! Do you expect me to have a relationship with you forever?"

"You're pathetic.."

"I know.."

It was the second month already. However, Jeonghan told Jun something that shocked his bones.

After that one night stand, they decided to plan for pretending like a real couple so they can persuade Jeonghan's parents.

But after that, Jeonghan came cold to Jun. He wasn't the sweet angel anymore. Until the latter told Jun that after three months, they should break up because they really don't love each other.

Jun was hurt.. however he get the point. Jeonghan was right.. but Jun is doubtful for what he really feels.

So he called Jeonghan again.

"I will court you for ten months.. and I'll make sure you'll fall for me Jeonghan."

Jun bluntly said and Jeonghan just laugh at him. Not really minding him.

"Do you really think I would be that easy? Come on Jun. I know I'm pretty good in bed, maybe that would just stay there.. but not for a relationship. I'm fed up with all of that."

Jeonghan sip on his tea talking casually like it's nothing.

However, Jun is still unfazed by the beauty.

"Let's see.."

Jun callenged..

And the ten months started.

Jun would never fail to message him every morning. Rain or shine. The first month was actually amusing.. and irritating.

Jeonghan would just find himself inside Jun's car and being dragged by the latter for a surprised unplanned date. That goes on for the first two months.

Jeonghan is having a bet with his own, that Jun will give up after three months.

But it's actually five months now and still. jun was there. Always waitung for him outside his workplace. Sometimes, he would find Jun sleeping on his car waiting since it's already late. He would feel conscience and guilt but whenever he see Jun's smug face, he will totally forget it.

Jun has been courting Jeonghan for eight months now but he can't see something positive ahead because Jeonhan treats him more of a body guard than a suitor. His coldness towards Jun would always morph into irritation but Jun is persistent and challenged by the way Jeonghan deals with him.

Jun know exactly that he's being dumb pathetic for what he is actually doing on his life right now. He could simply look for a partner other than Jeonghan, but the latter is all he want. Maybe because of his bad y habit or the fact that Jeonghan is unique in some ways.

For Jun, it is a challenge--making Jeonghan fall for him. One of the major challenges.. but the biggest challenge right now is how to stop loving him, now that Jun has fell too deep already.

If ever Jeonghan still rejects him after all of his efforts and time, he can't do anything can he?

He can't do anything to pursue that little cold son of a angel. He can't force him..

And the last month had started. Jeonghan even laugh at his face when he realized that it is already the tenth.. the last month for his courting.

But there's really no chance of winning.

"I told you ready."

"I still have more days Jeonghan."

"Huh. As if I'll say yes."

Jeonghan walk  away with his smirk leaving Jun either mad or hurt.




 

..and the tenth month ended.

Jeonghan admits it. He's happy Jun and his little game is done already. But why does he feel sad about it?

It has been a week since Jun stopped calling him. He no longer recieves messages anymore.
 

There's no one waiting for him after work anymore. No annoying face bothers him every date.


 

"Hey hyung.."

His brother Mingyu called.

He look at the latter and saw him holding the remote.

"What?"

He coldly asked.
 

"You might wanna watch the news."

Curious, Jeonghan stood up and watched. He was surprised to see one branch of Jun's bar is on it.
 

..the said sindicates had a fight the night before. One of the popular bar in town owned by Mr. Wen was the place where the sindicate had a fight. Three civilians are hospitalized after getting shot. Mr. Wen himself is still unconscious after having a total of two bullets on his chest. The doctors are doing everything to keep him alive. Aside from being a witness--

Jeonghan stood up and run to his room and get his car keys.
 

Cursing the traffic as he drive, he is now standing outside Jun's ward. He saw people outside and new one of them. Jun's brother who's now with a bloodshot eyes.

"Hao.."

He called. When Minghao look at him, the latter immediately embrace him and cried. All Jeonghan could offer is his  warm embrace..

"Sssshhh.. he'll be alright."





 

"He was about to call you last night. We are planning something to surprise you.."

Jeonghan face Minghao from looking at the transparent glass of Jun's ward.

"W-what?"

"He's still not giving up on you hyung.. he know he said he'll stop after ten months.. he lied."

Jeonghan look at Jun again who is lying on the bed with host on his mouth and other apparatus beside him.

"We are actually talking about you while drinking. He said he still want to court you.. we were about to go home when a group of men came in holding some loaded guns. Then they start firing at the other side of the bar.. where their rival gang were drinking together."

"How did Jun got shot?"

Jun asked wiping his tears. He's happy to know Jun still want him, but worried and hurt on what happened.
 

"He tried to help one of our youngest bartender--Dino because one of them is hurting him since he don't want to give them some drinks. The kid was really scared that's why hyung intervene and got shot instead."
 

Minghao said so down.

They both look at Jun's sleeping frame. He was so peaceful to look at.. and Jeonghan thought it is painful.




 

Jun was declared in comatose for no one knows until when.

While taking care of Jun, Jeonghan realized something. He accepted the fact that yes, he love Jun. He wanted to tell Jun that he won over him. That he was successful to make Jeonghan fall for him. That Jeonghan was just scared to admit it, but now that he accept it, he won't let Jun slip away..


 

Jeonghan never fails to visit him even though he's not awake.

Everyday.

Until one night.. he was the one to look out for Jun since Minghao took a rest which Jeonghan had offered.

 

Jeonghan felt something moving on his hand.. he's holding Jun's left hand so his mind suddenly woke up.
 

His eyes shot open with the connection until he saw Jun's hand moving.

"Jun. Oh my god. Stay there.. please hold on."
 

He ran outside to call the doctor assigned for Jun..



 

.. but it's too late. The moment they came, Jun's line is already on thin flat.. while doctors and nurses tried to revive him..

 

Jeonghan prayed harder than he thought he can..





 

Unfortunately, his prayers didn't reach the sky..











 

"Time of death, 11:11 pm."