2 Strawberries and cigarettes

YOU BLOOM IN ME

Jeonghan stood frozen on his ground. It was like all his systems malfunctioned and cause him to stop and stuck on his spot.

He want to go back and rebook for another flight but that's impossible for the very moment, since they're inside the plane already and obviously he can do nothing about it.

As they lock gazes, Jeonghah almost wants to run and get out of the plane as possible. He felt like fate is playing dumb with him, sitting beside your ex in round trip 18 hours flight is like a hell of year for Jeonghan.

How will he survived sitting with an ex?

Well.. On the other hand, he thought odf something that gave him motivation to settle on his seat already which is beside the window next to Mingyu.

'We're done. I've moved on already, what's there to be afraid of?'

So Jeonghan didn't mind the awkwardness and sit down..

While heaving a sigh Jeonghan chose to ignore the man and just listen to a song on his phone in an airplane mode.

However, he want to smash his own gadgets when he heard the song on repeat.

Eyes closed, he tried to erase everything he is thinking right at the moment.

'Mingyu's taller now. He only levels with me before now he's already towering over me.'

Jeonghan ran his palms to his face in attempt to shake the thought off.

'Did he recognize me? I have cut my hair already, did he even think that we'll meet agai--what the Yoon Jeonghan?! Are you crazy?! Why would he?! Ugh! This is so frustrating.'

His own mind is shouting a 'Stop thinking about Mingyu!'  but it's impossible.

Not when Mingyu- his ex- is now looking like a model who wears a simple black cardigan that still made him look so gorgeous.

Thinking about it, Jeonghan felt conscious about his own appearance.

'I should have followed Minghao's advice to wear some more elegant beau. Not this casual white shirt and a black jeans. I hate myself.'

He want to melt down on his seat already.

'And one more.. I wanna kill Troye Sivan for having this song.'

Jeonghan tap the next song and gave the song a last curse.

The announcement of the plane already filled the uncomfortable seats (because he sits beside Mingyu).

Soon, prayers were heard as they departed.

He saw Mingyu put his earphones on and Jeonghan was thankful.

'Maybe he didn't recognize me... or he just don't want to notice me. Yes. That's it."

He closed his eyes, thinking of sleeping the whole flight, but he know it's impossible.

 

Mingyu closed his eyes and tried to ignore his amazement..

'He's even prettier.'

The first thing that crossed his mind..

He saw Jeonghan at the airport with his luggage giving flying kiss to some people who waves him goodbye.

It was ecstatic. Seeing his childhood sweetheart. Yup. They were bestfriends back in elementary days and develope the relationship into lovers back in sophomore until college.. but forever was aloof for them. They eventually broke up.

It was even more surprising when he saw him sat beside his own seat. What a playful fate he thought. Mingyu finds himself frozen and conscious on his seat because of the unexpected interaction..

The black bob cut had made him remember prettier Jeonghan looks right then. Sure he looks so stunning on his blond but he's more stunning now. The thing Mingyu find amazing.

'He can pull off every hairstyles. He still looks good in every style.'

"Sir? Do you want something to drink?"

One of the flight attendants said as when he opens his eyes..

He look beside him to check on Jeonghan. He's sleeping.

"Uhm.. Do you have strawberries flavored yogurt, or some milkjuice with strawberry flavor?"

The flight attendant smiled and nod. "Yes sir, we also have strawberry jam cookies for today's snack."

Mingyu straightened on his seat and motioned the attendant to come closer.

He whispered something.

 

It was an irritating sight, Mingyu flirting with the lady in blue who smiled as she walks away from their row.

Jeonghan opens his eyes just to be met with Mingyu whispering something to the lady.

He tried hard not to roll his eyes and just look outside of his window where night clouds are around and the dark sky are full of stars.

"Uhm.." 

He heard Mingyu's voice but didn't look beside him. He's assuming that Mingyu is talking to a ghost. Yeah, Jeonghan. That would really be helpful.

"So.. how are you Jeonghan?"

It made the latter shivered in anxiousness.

It was Mingyu who initiated the talk and here he is thinking that Mingyu didn't recognize him.

Oh how he wanted to just ignore him, but that would only made him look like a fool.

So he answered back.

"I'm fine.. "  with a little hesitation, "..how about you Mingyu?"

It was real awkward.

"Oh. Im totally fine."

'Totally fine.'  Jeonghan had noted.

"Good for you.."

Jeonghan answered.

The little conversation made Jeonghan silent.

Mingyu held his hands as they skip class hours and stroll around. It was a nice sunny day and their smiles even made it better.

Mingyu took his cigarettes out as they both flop down on his bed when Jeonghan ordered them a a set of strawberry cakes on their way to his pad.

Feeding each other with the strawberry flavoured cake and smoothie, Jeonghan is laughing.

"I hope we're always like this.."

Jeonghan said when they settle on the bed letting the sun down with both of them lying on each other's arms.

"Of course we would always be. Why would you doubt that?"

Jeonghan was delighted, he climb and straddle Mingyu and in no time kiss him.

Strawberries and cigarettes. That was Mingyu's taste. A sweet minthy kiss that always felt so good on his mouth.

"You've been tasting like this since forever."

Jeonghan remarked with his pointing finger tracing the pointed nose Mingyu has. Mingyu's back on the headrest serves as a leaning wall that made him face Jeonghan sitting on his lap as his legs spreads under Jeonghan's .

"You love strawberry.. eversince kids."

Mingyy smiled and leaned in but didn't proceed to near, he just let his their breath touch their faces..

"I love you so much Jeonghan."

He said full of passion and feelings.

"I love you more.. so so much."

Mingyu smiled and a sound of smooch when he kissed his lover made the latter giggled.

"I also love your strawberries and cigarettes taste."

Jeonghan said and push Mingyu lightly as he dive in for a kiss..

 

"So.. what's the things keeping you busy nowadays?"

Mingyu asked looking more interested on their starting exchanges of words.

"I.. I'm actually flying back and forth from London and Korea this year since we have a big project on the studio.. I was the head photographer so.."

Mingyu nod understanding. He didn't forget Jeonghan's dream.

"Let's go hiking tomorrow Gyu. I want to picture the sunrise. You'll be my model."

Jeonghan said when Mingyu embrace him from behind. "Sure. No problem. All for my baby."

He answered kissing the other's neck and cupping his cheeks from behind.

"You ert."

Mingyu just smiled and kiss his crown again.

"You look so good with only brief on your under on.. just my plain large polo and you look a lot more like a model."

"Naaaa.. kiss my but I want to be a photographer than posing infront of the camera."

"If that's what you want."



 

"How about you?"

Jeonghan questioned.

"I'm actually working on our own company since dad ask me to replace him when he's wuit already."

Jeonghan nod. Just then, the flight attendant came back with her infamous cart and Jeonghan's attention caught the standing strawberry drink on it with some strawberry cake.

The lady place it in front of them..

She then left after a thanks from Mingyu.

"I know you like those that's why I asked something like that."

Mingyu motioned him to have some, and Jeonghan look at those.

Strawberry. They all taste like Mingyu. His kisses and his love. Both sweet and sour.



 

It was a flight of reminiscing and it was the longest for Jeonghan.

The flying around was done. They're already at their distination.

Once they were both at the exit of the airport, Mingyu wants to properly say goodbye to him..

But too late already. Jeonghan with his luggage is heading to someone who has his arms open wide.

Mingyu just look at his ex as the guy kissed Jeonghan..

It was faint, but still he heard it.

"I miss my dear fiancé.."

"I miss you too Wonwoo.."

The man who has enveloped Jeonghan on the arms said.

"Sir Mingyu, C'mon. You're Dad's waiting.."

The driver of the black van that pick him up said.

Mingyu gave Jeonghan a one last look and he head inside before droving away.
 

Mingyu tastes like Strawberries and cigarettes.. with a hint of bitterness.





 

Long nights, daydreams, sugar and smoke rings. I've been a fool but strawberries and cigarettes always tastes like you..

..yeah they always tastes like you.