Chapter 6

The Second Prince's Bride (Baekyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unbeta

________________________

Chapter 6

 

 

 

Baekhyun sat in his room it been a week since he started living full time in the palace, and since his time in the palace he had only saw Chanyeol a hand full of time. He hadn’t even shared the bed with him since their wedding night from what he learnt Chanyeol had worked late into the night and instead of disturbing Baekhyun coming in late he slept in one of the guest rooms.  Baekhyun looked around well Not that he would be able to at the moment, Baekhyun had many of his books lane out on the bed, studying  preparing for his rotation at the hospital,  He like his bedroom as it was the only place eyes weren’t on him he felt normal here In the last few days he had barley saw Chanyeol they said he was busy with his commitment but Baekhyun wasn’t sure, if Baekhyun taught about it he was sure Chanyeol was keeping his distant from him, Baekhyun wonder would they ever be close. They had been when they were kids, Baekhyun could only remember a few things from their childhood together, but something had happened, that had them leave. If he asked, he felt it would be like opening a can of worms.  He just wasn’t ready for that yet, everything was happening so fast maybe too fast...’He wondered if they could at least be friends again for starters if they would. 

 

 

Living in the palace he still wasn’t use to it people waiting on him asking if they could get him anything, he really just wanted to do things for himself. Minseok was a good person to talk to when he could. Baekhyun really like him he was s down to earth, but Minseok had him own schedule to keep, his duties with Prince Jongdae, standing on ceremony, something Baekhyun would have to do, at some point. He shook his head closing the book a break needed he felt, his mind already losing focus should he go for a walk around the ground... or... an idea came to mind. He walked around the palace taking in what he could, trying to avoid as much staff on his way, he took a turn at the dining room, finding the kitchen. 

 

 

When he couldn’t us his mind, he like to cook, he wondered if he could us the kitchen, he’d been trying to stay out of everyone way since he got here. He walked in the kitchen staff bowing asking him did he needed anything. ‘I was wondering if I could borrow the kitchen. They looked to one another before turning his gaze at him like he was crazy. ‘I promise I won’t get in your way.’ He told them. It wasn’t like they could turn down his request. They gave him a section to us and a oven. He began to bake their eyes on him from time to time, even when he spoke to them, he wasn’t a standard royal who avoided the kitchen and he did like mingling with the staff. By the time he finished he was chatting to the staff as friend. They tasted what he made and the kitchen Staff weren’t use to it either, probably his stance was unroyal. But the smile and grace he had made everyone want to do almost anything for him 

 

 

*** 

 

 

The queen had sat down in the dining room alone, she had asked the staff to check on Baekhyun and see if he wanted to join her for lunch she quite like his company. What she hadn’t expected was Baekhyun to come out from the kitchen in front of the staff. 

 

‘Baekhyun dear... 

 

‘Hi.... I-I Used the kitchen, ‘ Baekhyun placed the pantries on the table, The smell was divine  the second Baekhyun walked into the room. Baekhyun pulled back the cloth before he took a seat.  

 

‘These smells delicious... how did you know these are one of my favorites Chanyeol too... we should save him some. ’She told him, holding out her hand across to Baekhyun. ‘I’m sorry Baekhyun, I feel so bad, we hurried the wedding along so much you and Chanyeol haven’t had time to spend together.’ She took one of the treats taking a bite.’ This is delicious...’ 

 

‘Thank you.... I like to cook...’ he told her, 

 

‘Really that’s wonderful.... ‘She looked at him, ‘How were the kitchen staff. 

 

‘I think they were surprised,’ Baekhyun wasn’t sure how to answer,’ They looked at me like I had ten head when I asked. The queen smiled. ‘You a breath of fresh air to them. To me also.’ She told him. ‘You can cook anytime for us. But don’t think your obliged to do it all the time mine you, you have your rotation. I know how important it is to you. 

 

Flashback. 

 

‘Appa,  where living here now....’Baekhyun looked up at his father as he moved boxes into their new home.   

 

‘Yes..., 

 

 

‘Do you think they’ll let me ride the horsey again, I really liked that.’ Baekhyun  asked. 

 

 

I don’t know maybe.... Come let's get settle in, we still have to set up your room,’ Baekhyun looked to his father,  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter