Chapter 8

The Second Prince's Bride (Baekyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Un-beta 

_____________________ 

Chapter 8 

 

 

‘Where are my two favorite people this morning.’ there mother asking, ‘No Minseok or Beakhyun for breakfast?’ The queen asked noticing two empty places at the table next to her sons, ‘Jongdae  is Minseok dear still not feeling well, dear maybe you should get him to see a doctor, Maybe even if you asked Beakhyun  nicely he would have a look. I worry about him.... he’s been so sick of late with the baby it can’t be good for him or the baby.’ Jongdae opened his mouth to say something but his mother turned to her other son, not waiting for a word. 'What about Beakhyun will he be joining us? I was speaking with the chef this morning he said the kitchen staff are very fond of him. They were star struck when Beakhyun asked to us the kitchen the other day, one even asked if Beakhyun could teach him the recipe... such a dear.... wanting to cook for us. I had the cook make some of his favorite. Well I hope they are still his favorites I wanted to make it special for the first day. Chanyeol dear go see if he’s up, I'm sure he won’t want to be late on his first day.’ 

 

‘Chanyeol  maybe you should check and see  to Beakhyun...’ Jongdae winked to his brother. ‘Don’t keep him from us Chanyeol I'd quiet like to have my breakfast....’ Chanyeol excused himself making his way back upstairs to their room when he enter Beakhyun was half laying on the bed half off books littered every space of the bed as he sleep he looked tired Chanyeol didn’t want to wake him, Chanyeol couldn’t help but pick one up, the page highlighted probably overly highlighted Chanyeol couldn’t tell what was important. Then again, he wasn’t the one trying to get a medic degree. Chanyeol found himself leaned over Beakhyun, careful not to wake him, gently prying a marker from his hand. How much he cares for this one person but found it so hard to show it. He took a deep breath and caress  Beakhyun cheek lightly pressing his lips to Beakhyun. Chanyeol jumped back as Beakhyun stirred.   

 

He fluttered his exhausted eye closed again and stretched as far as he could reach. He let out an ongoing yawn and rubbed his red eyes,  

 

‘Breakfast is ready, Umma is waiting for you...., ‘It wasn’t until then Beakhyun eyes shot looking to Chanyeol. Before turning to look for his phone, ‘What time is it...  

 

‘Little after seven... ‘ 

 

Beakhyun shoot out of the bed and ran to the bathroom, the next thing Chanyeol here was the shower running. Chanyeol taped the door. ‘I’ll drop you off at the hospital... when your ready I'll be down stairs, I’ll tell the staff to pack up your breakfast. 

 

**** 

 

 

I can do this, I can do this,’ Beakhyun repeated over and over in his head god he hoped so. He'd stayed up so late into the night reading over his notes. Trying to cram in as much information he potentially may need or could use. It hadn’t surprised him Chanyeol hadn’t returned to their room that night, not that he would have found room on the bed, books and books litter the bed, pages highlight in so much yellow, thinking it was important. Well only time would tell,  

 

‘…. You each have gone through four years of medical school, and for most of you a great deal of hard work. But if you think that was where the hard works ends, you’d be wrong. ‘She laughed, ‘This interns, is only the beginning. Today is the day your residency starts.’ she told them, ‘Some of you won’t last here...’ she told the as she walked around, ‘Some of you will realize... this job is not for the most faint of heart, you’ll be excepted to put in long hours day in day out.’ her eyes flited to each of their faces including Beakhyun a clipboard in hand. ‘I want you to impress me....’ she told them, ‘Might I say that many not be easy but you can try.... now.... I will be assigning you each to a resident so pay attention.’ she called out names.’ checking off them on her clip broad. ‘Now I ask you all to go to your locker and change. Your shift begins now...’ 

 

Beakhyun walked into the locker room looking for his number, with the rest of the interns, ‘You’ve got Kim Jongin too.’ A guy stopped by Beakhyun locker. ‘I’m Doh Kyungsoo...by the way... I hear he’s strict real strict...’ 

 

‘Byun P-Park Beakhyun...’  

 

‘I hear he’d brilliant... best in his field....’ another person came over to them as they change, ‘We better hurry I'm told he doesn't like tardiness.’ With that half the intern left the locker room, ready. Beakhyun group seemed to be the last waiting, othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter