Chapter 14

The Second Prince's Bride (Baekyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Un-beta 
 

____________________ 

Chapter 14 

 
 

 
 

Waking up slowly would have been just the ticket but that wasn’t the case, Chanyeol would have smiled happily lying beside his wife for the morning, it would have been perfect if it wasn’t for the ringing of his phone. Couldn’t he just have one blissful morning, trying to do things right for once? Chanyeol scurried from the bed with the phone looking over his shoulder to check if Baekhyun had awoken. He pulled the door across, ‘Umma would you stop with the excessive calls,’  

 
 

‘Chanyeol is that any way to speak to me, I was just checking in.’ His mother answered, ‘I’m can’t stop...  

 
 

‘Umma I'm sorry, Baekhyun resting I don’t want to wake him.’ Chanyeol interrupted her knowing full well what she would say, his mother was a frequent caller.  

 
 

‘Oh dear, I keep forgetting the time difference. How is Baekhyun by the way?’  

 
 

Here we go, Chanyeol thought yes Umma don’t ask how your own son is, not that he really cared, Baekhyun was his concern to, he knew his mother well and she was relentless there was no stopping her. ‘He’s okay, this break is doing him good I hope.’ he hadn’t meant to say the last part it came out  

 
 

‘Chanyeol you don’t sound so sure, has anything happened?’ No, nothing had happened that warranted questioning from his mother. They had been away for a week, Chanyeol was doing his best to get closer to Baekhyun and sleeping in the same bed sometimes helped Baekhyun get the sleep he needed. Chanyeol would wake up most night if Baekhyun was moving around the bed, but he found if he rubbed Baekhyun back or cruelled his hands around Baekhyun. Baekhyun would settle for the night, maybe if he changed the subject, he could get his mother to leave him alone. ‘Chanyeol are you still here.... hello.’ Maybe if he pretended, he wasn’t his mother would hang up.  

 
 

‘I’m still here Umma, Baekhyun is fine, where both fine I'll call you if there is a problem.’ Chanyeol hung up, she was surely going to ring again, so Chanyeol did the most sensible thing, he switched off his phone. ‘Sorry Umma.’ his eyes gazed on the phone when the bedroom door open. Chanyeol eyes met Baekhyun tired eyes.  

 
 

 
 

‘Was there someone on the phone?’ he asked.  

 
 

 
 

‘Just Umma doing her routine call of checking in.’ Chanyeol told him, placing his phone on the side cabinet. ‘How are you feeling?’  

 
 

‘Should you really be switching it off?’ Baekhyun asked.  

 
 

‘Only so we can get some peace Umma will understand after a while....you okay? Chanyeol asked again.  

 
 

‘At this very moment I feel good,’ Baekhyun answered him honestly. They had spoken a good bit over the last few days. Maybe even getting a tiny bit closer, but it was a start. Honesty was something they had spoken about. Not to shy away from what they should be talking about. They were married they should depend on one another more.  

 
 

‘Good do you want me to run you a bath?’ Chanyeol asked,  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter