Chapter 4

The Second Prince's Bride (Baekyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So sorry thank you for telling me about thhe wrong chapter

Un-beta 

___________________ 

Chapter 4 

 

No one could deny he held his grace, even when he returned to the party side by side. Baekhyun didn’t know what possessed Chanyeol, But Chanyeol hand found its way to the small of his back leading him back through the crowd Baekhyun couldn’t help but tilt his held, guess surrounded them. Chanyeol muttered something but Baekhyun seemed to have missed it, but the guests were laughing. 

 

‘Someone said we should return to cut the cake.’ With that said, Baekhyun saw the guest partying away as it was rolled to the center so everyone could see, Baekhyun eyes caught sight of Chanyeol parents coming around, his brother along their side, all gathering around a the most lavish cake arrived before them. Baekhyun along with the crowd awed the cake, Baekhyun had only seen pictures from the queen asking which he liked best, never had he imagine something like this.  it was a beautiful ivy color with gold detail, it was fit for the royal wedding. 

 

‘It amazing....’ Baekhyun muttered softly without thinking as Chanyeol arm pulled him closer. 

 

‘it is isn’t it, Umma would only except the best.’ he replied. ‘Just like you...’ they were handed a large knife to cut their first piece of the cake together with Chanyeol hand oven Baekhyun wrist. ‘Should we do this,’ sounds of clapping filled the air, as they cut the first slice, flashes going off capturing the moment. The cake was handed out while Chanyeol and Baekhyun stood back, Baekhyun holding a plate almost dropping it but Chanyeol hand took it from him, ‘you always were clumsy...’  Chanyeol took a small piece of the cake and held it in front of Baekhyun lips.     

 

The rest of the night went by swiftly for most, but for some who were trying to hold it together it was a long day, by the time the party was winding down. Baekhyun was caught off guard, someone tapped his shoulder, he turned around. ‘Welcome to the family....  

 

Baekhyun smiled, ‘Thanks,’ he was emotionally drained. ‘How are you feeling... you still look pale.’ 

 

 

‘Okay I suppose... I only have a few minutes before I’m shipped back upstairs, But I wanted to at least shows my face, before someone spot me which I'm sure won’t be long’ He looked around. ‘I tried to stop by while you were getting ready but my mission failed,’ Minseok his brother in law married to Prince Jongdae, just six months before. Baekhyun felt at ease with Minseok around, unlike himself Minseok was the son of a duchess, he was close to Jongdae growing up, in Baekhyun eyes a perfect match to be a royal. But he was so well grounded he didn’t act like a royal. ‘You must be exhausted I know I was on my wedding.... and you weren’t even there.’ Minseok commented. ‘I hope you have the stamina for the wedding night,’ Minseok elbow his side. ‘Think of how close they would be if you were to except too.’ Baekhyun  held a look of pure shock, so many conversations tonight had been about him, convincing an heir. He wasn’t ready for that.... 

 

 

‘His goal was to finish his degree.’ Baekhyun thought about it. Minseok accompanied him for a while, offering advice for the evening, Baekhyun was actually great full with he was stopped and matched away by his husband who was too busy worrying about his health. Baekhyun sighed in relief. His advice wasn’t doing anything but adding more stressing him out more. Chanyeol Mother and Father approached him a short while later, and peck to either side of his cheek.  

 

 

‘Dear why don’t you retire for the night... we to will be heading shortly ourselves, Chanyeol is walking the last of the guest out.’ Chanyeol mother told him. ‘He shoudln’t be to much longer, we have your stuff moved.’ Baekhyun felt faint for the second time that day, he was anxious as Chanyeol mother embraced him.  

 

 

**** 

 

 

Baekhyun heart raced as he made his way to the royal staircase, He wouldn’t be staying in the room he had for the last month, he was sure all his belonging where moved to Chanyeol room been told earlier, from when the wedding started. As he came to the door, did he realize how afraid he truly was he was practically trembling what to except he didn’t know.  Baekhyun trembled as he opened the door, their stood an enormous four post bed with curtains, it easily could have slept four, to the left side of the bed Baekhyun found a few of his belonging on the night stand, he sat at the edge a picture of his father stood before him. God he could have done with a drink now. 

 

 

**** 

 

‘Night cap.’ A hand found his way on to his shoulder, Chanyeol didn’t need to look to know who it was tilting a glass at his lips. ‘What’s this drinking on your wedding night. Surely you should be spending time with your wife. I’m sure he’s waiting on you....’   

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter