CHAPTER 07

MY FALLEN DEVIL | BTS [ KIM TAEHYUNG] (ON HOLD)

CHAPTER 07

-------

(Y/n POV)

"She'll be fine, (y/n). Don't worry too much, she'd probably just fainted. Come here and sit down, will you? You're as nervous as a pregnant woman going to labor." Mrs Jung had a hand on the seat beside her, gently patting the cushion on it. Her eyebrows were a bit furrowed, looking at me with a sad smile carved on her face. I looked down, hesitating.

Both of us were restlessly waiting in front of a patient's ward department, my mother's initials could be seen on one of the name tabs glued to the door. The doctors were checking on her, so we weren't allowed to interrupt or get through the ward. My feet continued to constantly tap on the floor, I was moving back and forth, and back and forth; impatient, fear and worry was written all over my face and Hobi's mother could see it.

 

"Please (y/n)." She tried to convince me again.

 

Frustrated, I sighed loudly. I knew that there was nothing I could do and moving back and forth around the hallway was getting me nowhere near mom. Looking up towards the seats, I see Mrs Jung casting me a glance, her hand still on the seat beside her. She was worried as well, and I knew I should not be selfish and just push everyone away. I mumbled a sad "okay" and with heavy steps went over to take the empty seat beside her, sitting down and slowly calming myself by leaning my head on her shoulder. Immediately I felt her arm wrapping around me, her hand lightly smoothing the side of my head. I smiled, her embrace felt warm, reminding me of mom.

 

'Please be okay, mom.'

 

Breaking up the silence, I heard Mrs Jung say; "I should've came earlier, I called her to talk about the house key, but she didn't answer so I thought she was busy. I-I didn't know she w-was sick or--"

"It's not your fault. It's mine. In fact I'm grateful you were there while I wasn't. T-Thank you so much." As I spoke, I felt my own lips quivering, my tears giving away, slowly sliding down my cheek, but I wiped them before she could see. At that moment, I felt small, embarrassed knowing that my own mother was sick but I still bothered to go out.

 

Mrs Jung shook her head, a small chortle leaving . Laughing, she started to babble something about "what do you think friends are for?" and other stuff like that. I'm glad mom made friends with her. She was really someone you could count on. As she continued her speech, when her phone suddenly vibrated, indicating a call. Mrs Jung spared me a glance, saying it was her sister before excusing herself and headed to the end of the hallway.

After around 10 minutes of waiting for the doctors and Hobi's mother still on the phone, I felt my eyes drooping, becoming heavy with each second. I felt myself slowly dozing off, until Hobi's mother came back. "I just got a message from Hobi. Said he helped finished cleaning up, and is on his way."

 

', Hobi. I left him all alone again.' I face-palmed myself.

 

"Its fine, (y/n), that lazy boy never does anything, so let this be a new experience for him." Mrs Jung could read the panic that hung on my face so she quickly cut me off before I could say sorry about leaving her son alone. Just then, the doors to the ward had opened, revealing a few doctors and a couple of nurses. I stood up on my tippy-toes, looking between the doctors, glad to see a face that I have known for 3 long years. I walked through the crowd, heading over to Dr. Kim with Mrs Jung following behind.

"Doctor Kim!" I was fast at approaching the man in the white coat, needy to know my mother's condition. "H-How is she?" Nervously, I fiddled with my own fingers, waiting for his response. He gave me a soft smile, a fatherly one. "The good news is her heartbeat is stabilizing. But," He had his eyes on the on the file located in his hands, then glanced back at me.

 

At the news, I let out a relieved sigh, realizing that I had been holding my breath for so long. I hear Mrs Jung whispering a hushed "oh thank god", her hands clutched together, a symbol of her silent prayer.

"I'm guessing there's also a bad news." Clearly remembering his paused tone from before. I wasn't suspecting anything bad since the way he said it made it sound like mom would be fine. "Your mother's fallen into a coma (y/n), we don't know when she'll wake up. She's going to have to stay until she does. It's probably from a concussion, but there's no scar around her head."

 

'Well that was some ty news.'

 

I frowned at his statement. 'So maybe she was sick all along. Did she purposely hide it or did she not knew at all?'

 

I heard a gasp coming from Mrs Jung. Her "oh thank god" expression had been quickly replaced with an "oh my god" one.

"C-Can I see her?"

 

"Of course, though she would be sleeping. Perhaps she could 'hear' you somehow. Hurry on, she's in the first room to your right." His hands ushered to the ward's sliding doors. I admitted, I was nervous to see her, although she wouldn't be aware. Hobi's mother took a hold of my hand, her other hand patting the back of it. I took a deep breath and went through the doors.

-------

 

"Yah! How could you just leave me again! I called you like 6 times! 3 when you were running out and 3 times on your phone! You could've at least left me a message!" I feel Hoseok's presence behind me, he obviously came barging in, tired and anger fume in his tone. I glanced a bit, my peripheral vision catching a glimpse of him, but I kept quiet. 

Displeased with my ignorance, he continued. "I had to scrub the floor twice because one of the kids threw up and then I couldn't stand it so I threw up as we—Ow!" The boy couldn't finished his words as his mother had interrupted.

Again, I couldn't focus on his words. I was seated beside my mother's bed, holding her hand. She looked so lifeless, her whole face pale. Her whole body was white, imitating the color of the patient's clothes she had on. She is alive, but it felt like she isn't. And I couldn't stop beating myself up for it.

 

"Hobi! Where are your manners?" I heard Mrs Jung dragging him to the corner of the room, their voices slowly becoming distant. Ever since we went inside the room, I had been silent, and Mrs Jung respected that. Right now, she was probably chewing her son out. I heard footsteps coming back, guessing it was them both. A fake cough could be heard in the air.

"Babe? You alright?" I felt a hand on my shoulder. Startled, I turned around seeing Hobi, his face showered with guilt. I nodded, although I knew I was far from being alright. I sniffled a bit, giving away my true emotions. How could I be fine? I was surrounded by fear. Fear of losing her, fear of being alone, fear that this might be my last birthday with her. Hobi pressed in closer, this time his hand on mine. "Are you sure?"

 

And that was the last straw.

 

The waves immediately came crashing in, I felt tears sliding down my cheeks again and I hid my face behind my hands. Sobbing into them. "I-I don't know H-Hobi. H-How can I-I be?" My voice was muffled by my sleeves, but I think he caught what I was saying. Soon, I felt his hands bringing me up from my seat, his arms wrapping around me, making me cry harder. "S-She should've told m-me if she--she was sick! W-what if—"

 Hoseok immediately shushed me. Giving me a crossed look, annoyed at me for being doubtful.

"Don't, everything will be alright." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HMM

This was quiet a hard chapter to do since i exceeded my word limit, so I had to divide the story carefully. But I might update another chapter as well, depends. I'm so glad we're finally getting into the real story line! I promise you there's more to come<3 

be sure to upvote, comment, subscribe, etc; see you in the next chapter!

  © igediudiu. All right's reserved.