CHAPTER 01

MY FALLEN DEVIL | BTS [ KIM TAEHYUNG] (ON HOLD)

CHAPTER 01

-----

(Y/n POV)

 

"Mom, I'm heading out now!" My words and steps were hasty as I went down the stairs, I skip a step or two on my way down. It's the first day of senior year and I'm already 10 minutes late.

"I'm gonna have breakfast at school. So don't bother with the lunch bag, okay?" I swiftly turned around to grab my shoes placed under the stairs; dusting off the shoes edges. The shoes were old and grey and some of the threads were sticking out so I decided to pick on them. My hands came to a halt when I realize my mother was still silent.

 

'That's weird' I thought to myself. 'Did she went out or something?' I gave my watch a quick glance, frowning at the time. 

 

'She should be back from the morning market.'

 

I hold that thought when I hear a loud cough from the kitchen area. Quickly turning to my right, I led myself to the small kitchen area. The creases on my forehead became more lucid as I wondered why she wouldn't answer me the first time.

"Mom? You-" My thoughts were cut off when I found her crouching near the kitchen sink with her eyes closed. One of her hands were gripping the edge of the counter tightly while the other one was on her forehead.

"Mom!" I took off the bag straps from my shoulders and dropped the bag onto the kitchen floor beside me; and immediately headed towards her. My knees came in contact on the floor. "Mom? Are you okay?" Slowly, I pried off the hand that was on her forehead to get a better look at her. She was sweating excessively and her eyes were bloodshot red.

 

'Gosh, when was the last time you slept mom? You look like the living dead.'

 

I sullen at the thought. It had been a few years where mom would suddenly get sick. Sometimes falling into a deep sleep or getting a heavy fever. Like out of the blue all her energy had left her body but she was still remaining a strong front for me.

"You're sick again, aren't you? Mum, we should go to a better doctor, we've been to the town hospital and the results haven't chang-"

"Sweetheart, I'm alright, trust me. It's probably just more symptoms of my menopause kicking in." Her hands reached out to mines that were placed on my thighs. She lets out a small huff before smiling at me.

Mum had the sweetest smile in the world. Her eyes were a dark shade of blue and her hair was long and wavy which thankfully I got those genes from her. I swear even angels are shook of such being. However, at times like this where she looked so fragile, I wasn't sure anymore.

 

She's still beautiful but there was something missing in her.

 

"Mom, you thought of that the last time we went for a check-up, Doctor Kim wasn't sure about the diagnose and he keeps taking blood tests. What if it's something dangerous?" I shivered, before continuing; "You're not hiding anything from me, are you?" Losing dad was hard enough. I can't bear to lose the only family member I have left.

"(Y/n), why would I lie to you about anything? Don't you think I'm too old for that?" Mom's right. She's on her late 40's and it was possible for her to reach her menopause state anytime soon. I muttered a small "I guess" before quietly standing up with her following suit.

"Are you staying home the whole day? Should I ask Hobi's mom to keep an eye on you?" The Jungs were our neighbor. Like mom, Mrs Jung raised Hoseok, (or as I call him Hobi) all alone. Mrs Jung kept saying it was a curse.

"Aish, I bet this whole neighbourhood will end up with single mothers' raising their children. Men ain't Ari!" Recalling Mrs Jung telling mom that apparently men ain't "" when we were at the park when 7 year old I and Hobi were playing hopscotch. I could also precisely remember little Hoseok running to his mother asking, "E-eomma? W-what's aint s-shi-t??"

And I precisely heard his mom choking on her own spit before telling him to forget what he heard. Hobi's mom is a big talker. And when I say big, I mean real BIG. Her hysterical laugh could be heard by the whole neighborhood. But her silly jokes alone could brighten a room. I guess that's where Hobi got his traits. They were both loud, funny, sometimes annoying but they were people you could rely on to make you the happiest when you're down.

Mom shook her head frantically. "Please don't. I can feel my headache becoming worst." I let out a small laughter at the remark. "Well, I'm gonna head out now. Call me if anything comes up, will you?" I gripped her left arm tightly before slowly letting go. After leaving the kitchen area, I heard mom's faint voice calling my name.

"(y/n)" I turned around, facing her again. "Yes?" She gives me her small smile before cupping my face and giving a short peck to my forehead. Funnily, every time she does that I would feel energy surrounding my whole body, like a barrier. But I felt safe and somehow it made me feel stronger.

 

"For protection. I love you." She says that every time she gives me a kiss on the forehead. Strangely, I do feel protected.

 

"Thanks mom, I love you too." I felt a swish of emotion going through me so I quickly turned around and head out the door.

-----

(Y/n mother's POV)

As soon as I saw (y/n) leaving my sight I felt my body giving up again. I started to feel lightheaded and decided to crouch down for the second time. This time both my thumbs were pinching my temple. I was slowly transferring all my energy to (y/n).

Sooner or later she has to know, the truth. Everything. The time will come when I will tell her the details. But I wouldn't be able to bear the look on her face when she finds out. I know I don't have much time left. Until then, I'm going to protect my child with everything that I have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOF.

Chapter one has officially been published! I was looking forward to this. I know I know taehyung is not in the story, yet. but he will so please bear a first few chapters of no him, but someone else will be introduced in the next chap, can you guess already? teehee!

be sure to comment, vote , subscribe, etc; see you in the next chapter!

 

© igediudiu. All rights reserved.