CHAPTER 06

MY FALLEN DEVIL | BTS [ KIM TAEHYUNG] (ON HOLD)

CHAPTER 06

---------

(Y/n POV)

"So? Have you had everything planned out for tomorrow? It better be something fun, alright (y/n)? Better not be some boring ." Hobi voiced out.

 

The week had easily gone by without us noticing. It was Friday, and both of us were on our way home from school. Shockingly, Yoongi had not shown up to school anymore, right after the day he registered in, surprising me and obviously his loud fan girls. Mrs Seo had tried to contact him before realizing his file was incomplete; only his name written at the very top and his sign at the very bottom of the page.

Hobi was more than happy at the situation. He muttered a "good riddance" to me after realizing that the blonde kid might never return. We thought that with Yoongi 'disappearing', the school would just continue on and the atmosphere would be back to normal.

 

Boy were we so wrong.

 

Rather than just the whole class, the whole school has been talking about the missing boy. Students were starting to make up wild rumors and possibly false accusations on the said boy. Some of the teachers kept saying that he was a criminal, or that maybe his whole family is, persistent that they have broken the law and were on the run.

Though most of the rumors were ridiculous, like saying Yoongi was sick, on the verge of death from a strange disease and probably dead in a ditch somewhere. While some teachers claimed they have never seen the young man before or ever heard of a new family in the state, causing the students to form the newest gossip in Gwangju High;

 

Min Yoongi is a ghost.

 

Hobi and I were obviously disinterested in such stuff, though deep inside I could not help but wonder if what he had said to me before had something to do with his disappearance.

I decided to push everything aside, focusing on Hobi and what I had in mind for my birthday treat tomorrow. Since my birthday was supposed to be on Sunday, but somebody—well Hobi, had to head for Seoul to visit his injured cousin, Namjoon. (A/n: stream Seoul by RM. Aghh!)

It's not like they were close or anything, he said. But, Mrs Jung used to live in Seoul when she had Hobi and now she missed and wanted to meet her sibling again. I was a bit disappointed, but I would not let it show in front of him.

"You know I don't like visiting my other cousins, most of them are in Seoul and have higher education." His lips form into a small pout. "When we're there, mom's clearly gonna compare me to him. He's totally smart, crazy rich and – and he's hot." The last two words came out as a hushed whisper, but I could evidently catch it.

It was true. The boy had shown me a picture of Namjoon, and let's just say I kept pestering him to send me that picture for research purposes.

That's why Hobi had decided to bring me out Saturday morning, since he will be away that afternoon. I remember him clearly saying "I'll bring you anywhere you want, just say it!" and so I held on to his promise. So when he asked me earlier if I had everything planned out for tomorrow, I quickly nodded, a smirk forming on my lips.

 

"Oh, you're going to love this idea of mine, Jung Hoseok."

-------

 

"Seriously, an orphanage, (y/n)? Are you ing dying or some oof—"

I gave him a quick elbow to the gut, causing him to let out a small whimper. "Shush Hobi, the kids might hear you, plus you said you'd take me anywhere I want."

So both of us ended in front of an old local orphanage. The building was old, almost like a worn-out mansion, but the kids inside made it better. Despite it being 9 in the morning, the mansion was alive, kids were running around in the lawn, laughter and giggling filled the air; easily filling my heart with a swirl of emotions. Hoseok and I could see some of the nannies and caretakers chasing a few of the kids.

It was cleaning day at the orphanage, so I woke up at 7 to inform mom that I would be out. Mom did look a bit sick, so I told her to stay in and that I would I buy groceries on the way home. Headed out to Hoseok's house, greeted his mom and ended up dragging a sleepy (and grumpy) Hobi all the way here.

"Anywhere you'd want that we both like. Not the grandma inside you would like." I scoffed, ignoring his statement. "Aish, whatever, we're on bathing duty." I left him and went to the manager, asking for appliances and what-not. Hobi followed suit, defeated.

 -----------  

 

(??? POV)

I sit down on the thick tree branch. My hands secured around the smaller ones. Crouching down, I see (y/n) bathing a little baby. I smiled at the scenery, casually admiring her.

 

'Is it possible that I have feelings for you?' I frowned at the thought. She's been growing up so well, and she's living happily.

 

'And I wish to live happily with you.'

 

But I knew myself that it was impossible. Watching her grow for 11 years while moving from state to state had definitely made me attached to her, but maybe I shouldn't. Being constantly on the run, there was just too much to risk. And I can't do that her.

I should just stick with the plan, say thank you and leave. I nodded to myself. This is what's best. I was too deep in thought until I heard a loud scream below me. Panicked, I looked down; ready to sprint. Instead, a boxy smile displayed on my face.

-----------

 

(Y/n POV)

"Yah! Stop splashing—seriously-I'm about to whoofphfh—" I watched as Hobi kept getting his face splashed by the small kid in his basin. His sentences came out incomplete as the boy kept getting water in his mouth. I laughed as he kept trying to spit the water out, while trying to keep the toddler in his control. The little boy giggled, sloshing the water inside the basin and constantly tapping on the surface, letting droplets of water get all over the place.

"Thank god mine's a cute little listener." I cupped the cheeks of the little baby that was sitting in my basin. "Who's a cute little baby? Who's a cute little baby?" I kept on egging the little kid, kissing the area around his forehead. Immediately, the little boy let out a small chuckle, his eyes shining and wandering to my face, his little hands went grabby; trying to reach for my cheeks. Suddenly, his head tilted to the back a little more. Eyes looking up at the tree behind me, landing somewhere around the leaves and the higher branches.

"Buh-buh." His small index finger pointed above. Puzzled, I looked up. Thinking there might be a bird or anything that had captured his attention. But to my dismay, there was nothing. I turned my attention back to him. "Jun-ah? What did you see?"

 

'Wait, he's freaking 2 years old, (y/n). He doesn't understand.'

 

"Yah Hobi, Jun keeps looking up. Can you see if—"

 

"Miss (y/n)! Miss (y/n)!" I tear my eyes off Hobi to look over at the entrance of the orphanage. The manager, Mrs Kang was standing by the door, calling my name, a phone in her hand. Instantly, I felt an uncomfortable shift in the atmosphere. I carefully passed Jun to one of the caretakers before heading over to her.

"F-From the hospital. I-It's your mom—"

 

I didn't let her finish.

 

couldn't let her finish.

 

And sprinted out of the orphanage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DDAENG.

hmm. so what do you think will happen? Ahhhh I'm looking forward to the next chapter though!! oops don't spoil don't spoil it :D anyway, the next update will be on Sunday and i'm thinking of doing alternative days for better update scheduling. Thank you for being patient with me!

be sure to subscribe, vote, comment, etc; see you in the next chapter!

© igediudiu. All rights reserved.