SIX

The Selected

Prince Hakyeon took me to the garden and wanted to have a talk with me. He didn't want to do it in the palace, so he chose to take me outside. Prince Hakyeon wanted to know more about my life that I lived before prince Hakyeon pulled me into this life. My life wasn't that interesting, because I lived far away from the royal family and wanted to do nothing with them.

''What exactly would you like to know? I mean, my life wasn't that interesting.''  I tell him and prince Hakyeon giggles, before he grabs my hand and pulls me closer. I don't like it that he pulls me close to him as if we're a thing, or is that his way to get my attention? I don't know, but I don't know prince Hakyeon that well. So I also will use the time to get to know him better.

''Well Taekwoon, I wanna know where you grew up and why you lived so far away from us. I mean, I love to have vampires around me and I can't imagine why someone handsome like you would live at the edge of our kingdom.'' prince Hakyeon explains and I look at him. He really wants to know why I lived so far away? I sigh and the prince starts to rub over my hand.

''My mum always felt hatred towards your family. My dad never was in the picture, he left my mum when she told him that she was pregnant. My mum told me ,when I was old enough to understand, that you were a family that only cared about yourselves and didn't want to help vampires whenever they needed it. So she basically burned that into my mind and that's why I hated you so much.'' I explain to the prince and he stops walking. I stop aswell and I look at the surprised expression in his face.

''Your mum made you hate us? My goodness, but that's why you lived far away from us?'' the prince asks and I nod. And Hongbin's parents were like that aswell, because Hongbin doesn't like this family either. But I ended up in this family in the end.

Prince Hakyeon turns sideways ,facing me, and grabs my other hand. I turn sideways aswell and I look at the prince, because I am surprised about the prince's reaction at my story. 

''We will show you that we do care about the vampires. What your mother told you, is something that the vampires have a lot as image in their mind. Lots of vampires think we don't care, but we do care about them. And that's what my father is going to teach you aswell, to care about your kind.'' the prince says and I nod. I understand that I have a long way to go, but I don't know how long that is going to be.

Prince Hakyeon lets go of my right hand and turns again, as we continue our walk through the garden. We also continue our talk and now it's prince Hakyeon who talks about his life. He tells me how his life was like when he grew up in this huge palace and that he could get everything he wanted, because he is a prince and why should he wait with whatever he wants?

While hearing this, I am surprised by how spoiled the prince actually is. But I am even more surprised when I realise how hard he tried to get what he wanted this time... Me

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The walk through the garden was quite wonderful and I got to see something of the beautiful garden. It's huge, but it's gorgeous. Prince Hakyeon and I walk back to the palace and we straight to the livingroom, the room where it all began for me. We sit down at the same couch again and the prince lets go of my hand, before he places his hand on my lap.

''But there's another reason why I wanted you as the new heir, Taekwoon.'' prince Hakyeon says and I feel a lump in my throat. Wait, that means that it wasn't just only because they thought I looked the most perfect for it? Without any more words to spend, prince Hakyeon crashes his lips on mine and grabs the collar of my shirt.

I'm completely surprised what is going on right now and I wanna push the prince away, but his grip on me is very tight. So I can't do anything right now, I can only let the prince take the lead. And the prince does take the lead, because he removes his hand from my lap and he sits down on my lap. He pushes me backwards and my back hits the back support of the couch. Prince Hakyeon lets go of my shirt and wraps his arms around my neck.

The kiss is being deepend by prince Hakyeon and he also giggles. He really must have a big crush on me then, because he otherwise wouldn't kiss me like this. During our kiss, I hear some footsteps coming towards the livingroom and I wanna pull back from the kiss but I can't.

''Our son has finally found someone to love, they look adorable together.'' I hear the King whisper, followed by a chuckle from the Queen. They apparently are okay with it that their son is kissing me now? Hmm, okay then.

The prince pulls back and starts to smile at me. His arms remain around my neck and I look at him.

''I like you Taekwoon, I like you a lot.'' prince Hakyeon says and I feel a lump in my throat. How can a prince like him like me so fast? He selected me to be the new heir out of all those vampires and now he confesses to like me? I'm not that interesting am I?

''B-But how can you like someone like me, Your Majesty?'' I ask, but prince Hakyeon removes one arm from my neck and places a finger on my lips.

''Hush Taekwoon. You are the new heir now, so call me Hakyeon instead. And what is there not to like about you? Seriously Taekwoon, you should realise how gorgeous you look.'' Hakyeon says and giggles. He removes his hand from my lips again and crashes his lips on mine again. 

The King and the Queen giggle again and this time, I carefully wrap my arms around Hakyeon's waist. And Hakyeon seems to accept that, because the kiss is deepend once again. Hakyeon giggles and places his hand on my side.

Hakyeon is definitely a demanding one and is doing everything to get what he wants. If Hakyeon and I would ever date, I wanna see what kind of type he is going to be.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N In my country, it's the second day of Christmas today. So yet again, merry Christmas y'all. Stay healthy and let's see each other again in 2019