FIVE

The Selected

2 days later is the moment of truth, the day that I'll be introduced to the vampires as the new heir of this kingdom. I'm scared to be honest ,even though I shouldn't feel that, because I am very scared that my friends will turn their back on me and that they hate me for breaking their promises. Especially the promise I made with Hongbin, but the Cha family broke it.

I'm in my bedroom and some maids have gathered around me to get me dressed into an outfit that matches this special moment. Well, special? I still don't feel at home in this huge palace and I can't believe that I have to rule over this big kingdom.

Then, someone knocks at my door and I look into the direction of the door.

''Come in.'' I say with a loud voice and the door goes open. It's prince Hakyeon who steps into the room and smiles when he sees me getting ready for the big moment.

''Ready Taekwoon? Because this moment is going to change your life for good.'' prince Hakyeon tells me and approaches me as the maids go back to what they were doing. One maid puts a small crown upon my head and a lot of strange feelings go through me. This is going to be my life from now on and it's going to be me who has the power over this entire kingdom, it's still weird to think about that.

''Well, it still doesn't feel right. I really have to get used to my new life here, because I lived far away from here and I never wanted to do anything with all of you. Little did I know that I was going to end up here. I'm scared that my friends will turn their back on me.'' I admit to the prince and he places a hand on my shoulder, before I feel his thumb rub over my shoulder.

''You have lived a different life before and you have to live as a prince from now on, I understand that it's such a big change for you and you will get the time to get used to this life. As for your friends, I don't think they will turn their back on you because of that you are living here and becoming the next heir. I think they have to take it in that you are going to deal with more vampires than just your friends. Back then, I assume you hung out with them and spent time with your friends. But right here, it's not just your friends anymore. You also will deal with ministers and other royals from different kingdoms who are going to visit us.'' prince Hakyeon tells me and I sigh deep.

I'm the most scared for losing friends like Hongbin and Wonshik, I'm scared that they will think I'm arrogant while I will always stay the same like they used to know. Except for the fact that I have to behave more formal and I have to deal with more important vampires.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once I'm done, prince Hakyeon grabs my hand and takes me with him to the rest of the family. Prince Hakyeon already told me that this is going to be announced at the same balcony as where they announced they were going to start their search for the new heir. This will be the first time that I'll be on that balcony instead of watching it from a distance.

The King smiles and walks over to me as he places a hand on my shoulder.

''Are you ready for the moment that is going to change your life?'' the King asks and I sigh, but I nod immediately. It's tough, but there's no way back anymore. I no longer can say that I won't do this, because their youngest son chose me. And I learnt in these two days that he gets in most cases what he wants. Well, I'm going to change that. Because I mostly never got what I wanted, I always had to wait until I could get what I wanted.

''Follow us.'' the King says and I follow the family as soon as they make their way to the balcony. I can already hear the crowd and my eyes widen as soon as I see how many vampires have gathered around here to know who the new heir is going to be.

''Wait here until my father calls your name okay?'' prince Hakyeon asks and I nod as we arrive at the balcony. I still can't see the crowd, but I can hear them. The family makes their entrance at the balcony and the vampires go wild, because the moment is finally there.

''It's amazing to see how many of you have gathered around to welcome the new heir. It was a very short search for the new heir, but prince Hakyeon found the perfect heir for us. We will train him to become the King that you want to have and we are very looking forward to start this training with him. May I introduce you to your new heir... Jung Taekwoon?'' the King announces and as soon as I hear my name, I make my way to the family and I start to wave at the crowd when they are cheering to see me.

Now I realise what is waiting for me. I have to do speeches in front of the vampires and I also have to speak to them when I will stand on the balcony. At the same time, I wonder what the reaction is of Wonshik and Hongbin. Will they still support me even though I am living a different life now?

Prince Hakyeon stands next to me and carefully grabs my other hand. I want to look, but I decide not to do so. Because I don't want that the vampires know that I am already dating a vampire prince, because nothing is going on between us.

The moment doesn't last long and we immediately make our way back inside. It's official now: I am the new heir to the Cha's throne and I am from a complete different family. 

''Well Taekwoon, this is your new life. Don't worry, we have lots of time to train you until it's time for us to step back.'' the Queen says and I nod. I don't know how much time I have, but I at least have enough time to change all of my habits.

In the mean time, prince Hakyeon hasn't let go of my hand and I start to wonder why he doesn't let go. Would he have a crush on me and would that be the actual reason why he chose me as the new heir? Well, we'll see what the actual reason is.

''Come on Taekwoon, we're going to drink something to this moment. Because you are a part of our family now.'' the King says and everyone starts to smile. It takes just a few seconds before I start to smile aswell. I'm glad they already welcomed me like this into their family and that they don't treat me differently.

I am the new heir of the Cha's throne, unbelievable...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile...

Hongbin and Wonshik are spending the afternoon at Hongbin's house and they are watching the announcement of the new heir. Wonshik got worried after Taekwoon didn't show up at his house. Taekwoon's house was locked and Taekwoon didn't even contact Wonshik by telling him why he wasn't home. But today, he decided to spend some time at Hongbin's house and Hongbin the announcement of the new heir. Because Hongbin wanted to know who this new heir was and his gut told him that Taekwoon was going to be the new heir.

Hongbin felt like he was pushed aside by Taekwoon, because they both promised each other that they weren't going to do this. As for Wonshik, he wanted to know where Taekwoon had been.

''May I introduce you to your new heir... Jung Taekwoon?'' the King said and the eyes of the two friends widenend. So it was true? Taekwoon was the new heir of the Cha's throne? How did this happen? 

''I told you that Taekwoon was with them, my gut was telling me something like that. I wanna know how Taekwoon ended up there.'' Hongbin said and growled a bit. Wonshik placed a hand on his shoulder.

''Hongbin, I think I know how he ended up there. Because I heard some vampires talk that he was dragged away by some guards, so I think that the royals took him with them instead of Taekwoon offering himself to that position. So Taekwoon wanted to keep that promise to you, but the royals broke that promise without knowing you two had this promise.'' Wonshik explained to him and recalled memories of that afternoon when he was waiting at Taekwoon's house.

Hongbin looked up at his friend and sighed out of relief. He was glad that Taekwoon tried to stay loyal to the promise they have made, he was glad that Taekwoon didn't break the promise to rule over the kingdom. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N I wrote this during class, because I had nothing to do. And I had more in mind for this story, because I finally have Taekwoon at the position where I wanted him to be at. And the last part came because of Dae-V-L-Jong's comment. I will think of the moment when they will meet. And I kinda used the same gif as I used before, but this one matched this chapter a bit.