TWELVE

The Selected

After a while, Hakyeon enters the diningroom and takes a seat next to me.

''Goodmorning Hakyeon.'' the Queen says and Hakyeon smiles, before the Queen recieves a goodmorning from Hakyeon. Shortly after that, Sanhyuk, Jaehwan and Hwayoung come downstairs and they take a seat once they are in the diningroom aswell.

''Goodmorning to you aswell.'' the King says, before the three siblings greet their dad. They then looked at Taekwoon and smiled at him.

''Finally, we're having breakfast with the new heir we have chosen.'' the King says and everyone looks at me. I chuckle and I look at my lap. It's still uncomfortable to get all the attention on me, but I have to get used to it. I'm the heir of the Cha's throne, so I have to get used to all the attention that I'll get.

Hakyeon takes my hand in his and I look at him. Hakyeon smiles at me and he then aims his eyes at everyone else.

''I have something I want to share with you guys. Taekwoon and I are dating. We decided to announce the news at breakfast.'' Hakyeon says and it's Hwayoung who squeals. I look at everyone and my eyes stop at the Queen, who raise her thumb at me. I'm glad that she is happy for me, I'm glad that she wants the best for me.

Hakyeon places a kiss on my cheek and I chuckle.

''We weren't expecting anything different, Hakyeon. When I look at the moment Taekwoon stepped in here, you were around him and you didn't want to leave him. To us, it looked like you wanted to take Taekwoon's undead heart anytime soon. But it was very clear to us that you were clearly in love with him, but we're glad that you gave Taekwoon some time to let him think about what is going on inside his own mind.'' the King says and I slightly nod. They're right about that, but still. I'm glad that they accept it after all.

Then, the waiters bring in our food and Hakyeon whispers into my ear that it's polite to wait until everyone has something. So I follow the tip that Hakyeon gave me and I try to ignore the smell of blood as the food is being brought in. It's hard to resist, but I have to. I no longer eat by myself, I'm surrounded by the Cha's.

''Now that everyone has some food, you have my permission to start.'' the King says and I start to drink from the blood that the waiters brought to me, while the Cha's start to drink like monsters. Gosh, I hope that they won't train me to eat like that. Because my mum always taught me to enjoy your food, so that's what I'm doing now.

Hakyeon is the first to be done and I hear him chuckle when I'm almost finished. Is it because of my way of drinking blood? I don't hope it's like that, because I'm not going to change this whole way of how I drink blood.

''You're cute like that.'' Hakyeon whispers and I wanna sigh out of relief, because Hakyeon didn't chuckle because of how I drink blood.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once everyone is finished, the waiters come back in and they take away our bowls. I don't really know how to think of this blood, because this doesn't taste as fresh as I was thinking. I'm used to drink fresh blood, so this tasted a bit like trash to me.

''Alright, everyone is dismissed and free to go. We will see you back around lunchtime.'' the Queen says and all of us get up, before I follow Hakyeon outside the diningroom. Hakyeon takes me with him to the garden and we sit down at the first bench we find.

''Well Taekwoon, it's been days since you moved in here. Do you still think the same about us the way you did before?'' Hakyeon mentions and I look at him.

''It was hard for me to change my image I had about you and your family. But now that I live with all of you, I realised what my title is about and I also saw more of how you guys are towards the vampire. Again, my mum brainwashed me.'' I tell him and Hakyeon wraps an arm around my waist, before he pulls me closer and I feel his lips in my neck.

''I'm glad that you changed your image, because that is quite important now that you're the heir to my dad's throne. You have to learn to take care of others and to be there for them. Dating me is just a basic part of taking care of someone else and to be there when I need it.'' Hakyeon says and smiles, before I feel that Hakyeon rubs over my side.

Now that I think about it, Hakyeon is right about that. Now that I'm dating him, that is something I need to reflect on the vampires. They all will look up to me and I'm an example for them, so I have to be there for them and to open up when the vampires need my help. I'm glad I can talk about this with Hakyeon, besides that he didn't give up on winning my undead heart.

''You're improving a lot Taekwoon, I'm proud of you.'' Sanhyuk says as he approaches us. I didn't see him coming, but I'm glad that he is here. I mean, I don't want him to feel like he isn't welcome when Hakyeon and I are alone.

''Thanks Sanhyuk, I appreciate it.'' I tell Sanhyuk and a smile is seen on Sanhyuk's face.

Within seconds, Jaehwan and Hwayoung join us and even they have a smile on their face.

''Like Sanhyuk said, you're improving a lot. You went from a standard vampire who has more anger in him to an heir vampires can look up to.'' Hwayoung says and it's then that I start to feel a bit umcomfortable with all of these compliments. So I lower my head and everyone chuckles, followed by a kiss of Hakyeon on my cheek.

''Come on Taekwoon, you're doing well. You're doing beyond my expectations to be honest, because I really thought that it was going to be a hard task to turn you into an heir. But you're doing well. And besides, you're cute like this.'' Hakyeon says and kisses my cheek once again. The three siblings chuckle and I look up at Hakyeon.

I'm glad that they think like this about me, because this is defintitely going to motivate me even more to do my best even harder.