FOUR

The Selected

The King and Queen tell me everything what I should know and I take it all in. I can't believe that I'm chosen by prince Hakyeon to take the throne and to rule over the vampires as they want me to. To them, I exactly know what is going on and I look like a serious type who doesn't step back for anything. But I never blended myself into the society here, just because everyone talked about the Cha family and no one ever talked about anything else.

''Any questions?'' the Queen asks and I can feel all the eyes of prince Hakyeon's siblings on me, as if I'm about to say something that they don't like.

''Something that isn't really clear to me is that why I am chosen to be the new heir to the throne. Even though prince Hakyeon explained it to me, I still don't understand why I am chosen and not somebody else.'' I reply and the Queen nods as confusion is still clearly heard in my voice. Prince Hakyeon carefully places his hand on mine and he smiles when I look at him.

''Ah, I understand that you are confused about the situation so it isn't a weird question at all. As you have noticed, we were on the balcony and we announced the news that we were going to look for a new heir who isn't from our family. Our eldest son didn't want to take that position as he clearly showed that he doesn't know anything of the vampires. We were thrilled to see everyone cheer, because it made us feel great to start with our search. As soon as my youngest son saw you from such an incredible distance, he told the King to keep an eye on you to see wherever you went to. We saw you make your way through the crowd and we agreed with our son to keep an eye on you. When we didn't see you anymore, prince Hakyeon told us that we had to make our way through the crowd and to follow you to see where you went to. At first, it was a hard task. But when we saw you after a few hours, our son had a big smile on his face and told the guards to follow you.'' the Queen replies and my eyes widen.

So it was the prince's idea to take me with them and to choose me as the heir? Oh great. I sigh and I nod. I'm still confused, but I hope that I'll get through that. During the talk I have with the King and Queen, all the eyes of the Cha children are on me and prince Hakyeon doesn't let go of my hand. It's weird behavior to me, but he might do this to comfort me.

''I hope that everything is clear to you now and feel free to come and ask us if something is still unclear to you. As for now, our son Hakyeon will show you around as he was the most excited to bring you here.'' the Queen says and Hakyeon gets up, he still didn't let go of my hand. I get up from the couch and the two of us leave the livingroom. The conversation with the King and Queen was okay, but I didn't like those eyes on me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prince Hakyeon started his tour at the hall and is showing everything really well. He doesn't rush in the tour and I take everything in. I am sure I'm going to forget most of this, but I'm sure I can go to the King and the Queen if I can't find something. Maybe even prince Hakyeon can help me out.

''We have arrived in the kitchen and we have a few fridges here that keep the bags of blood cold. Yes, the blood is being kept in bags. But we also have some staff who are going on the hunt for us to get some new blood.'' Prince Hakyeon explains and I look around me. I won't come here often, but it's good to know that they at least have enough food here.

Then, we continue our tour and some maids come over to us and greet us. Prince Hakyeon introduces me to them and explains to them that I was chosen as the new heir. The maids smile and they are very looking forward to serve me once I'm officially introduced as the new heir to the throne. After a very short talk, the tour continues and we go upstairs. By seeing the doors, I am surprised by how long the hallway is here.

''This is your room. Here's where you'll stay at until my dad will crown you as the new king, because that's when you will move to my parents' bedroom which I will show you later. So let's say that this is just a temporary room.'' Prince Hakyeon says and opens the door. After he gives me permission to enter the room, I enter the room and I look around me. Wow, this room is twice as big as my own room at home. I have a kingsize bed here, a huge closet and I have a mini livingroom in here myself.

Then, prince Hakyeon enters the room and he stands next to me.

''What do you think?'' Prince Hakyeon asks and I look at him. It's huge here, so it's going to take a while before I can say that this is my room.

''It's huge, way bigger than I have at home. So I am sure that I'll need some time to say that this room is actually mine.'' I reply and prince Hakyeon places a hand on my shoulder as his sign of that I don't have to worry.

''Oh how stupid of me, but I never asked your name. Can you introduce yourself to me?'' Prince Hakyeon asks and I giggle a bit. Even a prince like him forgets stuff, so they look very natural.

''It's fine, I guess you forgot to ask it because of how fast this happened. But my name is Jung Taekwoon, nice to meet you.'' I tell him and prince Hakyeon smiles when I have answered his question.

Prince Hakyeon places a hand on my shoulder ,after he apparently removed it, and I start to feel more comfortable with him touching me. I don't know if that is a part of his personality or he acts like this because of how excited he is that I am chosen as the new heir.

''Nice to meet you too Taekwoon. It's good to know your name by now, because my parents didn't even ask your name. So I can introduce you a bit more official to them, because they need your name when you'll be announced as the new heir to the public.'' Prince Hakyeon says and I nod. It makes sense and I understand that even royals make mistakes by not asking for someone's name for example.