FOURTEEN

The Selected

A year later...

It's time for me to say goodbye to my old life for good, because today is the day that I'm going to be crowned as the new king. But today is also the day that Hakyeon is going to put ring on my finger. We're engaged since everyone knew when I was going to be crowned. 

Time has flown and I'm in my bedroom getting dressed, who were all too excited to get their future king dressed for this day. They expressed how much they can't believe it that their future king was getting dressed by them. I love to to hear that conversation, because everyone's life was going to change after today.

I also invited my two friends to be a guest at this important day I want to keep Wonshik and Hongbin in my life and I want them to be here today, because I'm going to rule over them from today on. Hakyeon finally accepted the two friends and Sanhyuk succeeded in dating Hongbin. The previous time my friends were here, Sanhyuk had the guts to get close to Hongbin and the two started to date shortly after. I'm happy for the two and I'm glad that Hongbin finally accepted Sanhyuk the way Sanhyuk is. Hongbin has seen by now how the Cha's are like and he knows he no longer can avoid them, basically because I'm living with them.

''Are you ready, Your Majesty?'' one of the maids asks and I nod when I look at her. They not only took care of my clothes, but also have done my hair. My hair is still blonde, but they added a headpiece that goes from the right side of my head to the back of my head. Even when the crown will be on my head, the headpiece is still visible from the back. According to the maids, it's a tradition for the heir to have a headpiece once he is going to be crowned. As for my clothes, I'm dressed in the blue suit that Hakyeon gave me and they wrapped a coat around my shoulders.

''I am ready.'' I tell her and the maids smile when they look at me. They bow when they are all in front of me and I bow aswell. The maids open the door and I follow them outside. Hakyeon is waiting for me downstairs and a smile is shown on his face when I come downstairs.

''You look gorgeous, Taekwoon. I can't wait to see that crown on your head and to see a ring on your finger.'' Hakyoen says as he kisses my cheek. I smile at him as I hook in his arm. It's time for my life to change for good and it'll change in front of my friends' eyes.

Hakyeon's head is resting on my shoulder and he holds my arm very tight. And it doesn't take long before the rest of the family joins us. The Queen has a smile on her face, because she knows that it's finally my time and she is excited as heck to see me rule over this kingdom.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

During our way to the cathedral, lots of vampires cheered for me and they are excited to see me at the balcony the next time when some news is going to be announced. Hakyeon still holds my arm tight and smiles when he looks at me.

Once we arrive, all the guests have to get up from their seat and Hakyeon and I follow the rest of the Cha's inside. 

''Hurray for the future king!'' as soon as the guests say this out loud, I faintly smile. Everything is becoming real now and it's still unreal that I'll soon will rule over so many vampires. I lived at the edge of the kingdom for so long, I never wanted to do anything with the Cha's. And look where I am now, I'm about to rule over the vampires. I came from all the way down and I made it to the top, with the help from Hakyeon.

''Go Taekwoon!'' Wonshik whispers and my smile becomes brighter when I hear this. I'm happy that my friends are still behind me, even though I'm no longer the friend they used to know. I turned into an important person for the vampires and my friends have to share me with many more vampires, including Hakyeon.

Once Hakyeon and I are in front of Hakyeon's parents, everyone takes a seat and it turns quiet.

''Welcome everyone, welcome to this special moment. Today will be the day that me and my wife will step back from the throne and hand it over to the heir we chose ourselves. Well, our youngest son chose the new heir. He saw something special in him and he liked him right away. But it won't be the only thing that will happen today, our youngest son will also say yes to him. The two engaged shortly after it was announced when we would crown the new king, so all of you are also a part of the wedding.'' the King tells the guests and Hakyeon doesn't let go of my hand.

In the back, I hear Wonshik and Hongbin react surprised. They didn't know about this and I decided to keep it as a surprise, because I want them to realize that my life has changed for good. I want them to be happy for me, even though I am no longer the friend I used to be for them.

I raise two fingers and I sigh to prepare myself for the final moment.

''I ,Jung Taekwoon, will take the full responsibility for my tasks and I will be the one to those who want to rely on me. I promise to be the king the vampires deserve.'' I say out loud and the King places the crown on my head once I drop my fingers. The Queen places the crown on Hakyeon's head and it's then that Hakyeon and I turn sideways, facing each other. 

Sanhyuk steps forward with the two rings and I take the first ring, while holding Hakyeon's hand.

''I ,Jung Taekwoon, will take prince Cha Hakyeon as my wedded husband. I will stay with him in good times and in bad times and I will provide him with anything he needs.'' I say yet again and I slide the ring on Hakyeon's finger.

Hakyeon takes the other ring and repeats the same, except for our names switched from the way I used them at first. Then, Hakyeon slides the ring on my finger and we turn sideways as we face the guests. They get up and Hakyeon holds my hand.

''Hereby, I would like to introduce you to your new royal couple. They will be seen as one entity from now on and they will show up in public together. From now on, they will rule over this kingdom.'' Hakyeon's father says and the guests bow, including Wonshik and Hongbin.

''Hurray for the king!'' a servant says out loud and the guests repeat after him. Then, the guests get up and I look at Hakyeon. Hakyeon smiles and rubs over my thumb.

Our new life has begun from today on, I no longer am the vampire the kingdom used to know.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N By this chapter, I'd like to end this story. I no longer have inspiration for this, but I hoped you guys liked this story. Thanks for reading it.