THREE

The Selected

I have left Hongbin's house and I'm on my way to my own. And I see the crowd in front of me. I really don't want to go through this crowd, but I have to. Because vampires block the streets basically everywhere, so I can't take another route. I don't think that the royal family will see me, because they are still in preparation to leave the palace and enter the city.

The vampires are still making a lot of noise and I hear some say that they secretly hope that they will be chosen as the new heir. Well, I don't care. As long as I'm not the one who's going to be chosen, because I made the promise to Hongbin that I won't take the throne. Never in my life.

I start to make my way through the crowd and some vampires groan, but I tell them that I wanna go home and that I am not interrupting their moment with the royals. So they let me go through after a couple of seconds of hesitation. Then it's me who groans and I roll with my eyes, because I can hate my kind sometimes.

''Weren't you the one that prince Hakyeon mentioned earlier today?'' a vampire asks and I look at him. He apparently must've heard that the prince mentioned me and I definitely don't like that, because I want to be left alone. I really don't like the attention that I suddenly got from the prince and I don't like it that I get all of the attention from the vampires now, as if I'm the one who's being chosen.

''I think I am, why so?'' I ask and the vampire groans, as if he wants to tell me that he doesn't agree with the fact that I'm being chosen. The vampire doesn't say a word and looks at me with darker eyes. See, vampires don't even answer when I ask them a question in response.

I continue my walk home and vampires are looking at me. Gosh, I hate this so much. I don't like the attention at all, so I wonder why they are looking at me. Or did they hear the prince talk about me? I'm sure they did, because I otherwise wouldn't have these looks at me right now.

I brush a hand through my black hair and I leave the crowd behind me. I hear some vampires yell at me that I should watch out if they would come after me, but I don't pay attention to that. I have to make my way home as soon as possible. I need to be home before Wonshik is waiting for me and I know that Wonshik doesn't like to wait, so I have to hurry.

In the far distance, I can hear vampires cheer and scream... the royal family has left the palace and is making their way into the city. The sad thing about this visit, is that they will take a look at every vampire in the city. So it's not just a few in particular, but EVERYONE.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After minutes, I have made my way home and I'm glad that Wonshik isn't here yet, because I don't want to see the grumpy look on his face. Whenever Wonshik is grumpy, he remains grumpy all day and he doesn't make an exception for everyone to aim his mood at.

I've found my keys and I just unlocked the door, when I hear a voice demanding that I am not allowed to go in. I turn and I see a few guards with the royal family behind them. , they found me and they are going to break the promise I've kept with Hongbin.

I immediately lock the door again and I put the keys back into my pocket. In case that they to take me with them, I need to make sure no one can enter my house and steal stuff.

''May I know what is going on? Or did the King make his decision already?'' I ask and it's prince Hakyeon who steps forward. The guards want to hold him back, but the prince tells them that nothing bad is going to happen. So the guards let go of him and the prince approaches me. He looks more gorgeous up close, I have to admit that.

''You actually answered the question yourself, my dear. You come with us.'' the prince says and signs at the guards that they can take me with them. Wait, no! They can't just do that! And I made the promise with Hongbin not to step up as the new king, but it seems that the royal family already make that decision for me.

The prince streaks over my cheek and a smile appears on his face. I don't wanna know what is going on inside his head, but his mission apparently is accomplished.

''You were the one I talked about with my parents, but you must've heard that. But as soon as I saw you going through the crowd, I told my dad to look at you and he agreed with me to make you the heir. You look like a serious type who knows what's going on in the kingdom.'' the prince says and turns, before the other members of the Cha family turn aswell and the guards pull me with them.

I look around me and the vampires look at me. Some are happy that I'm chosen, but some are jealous too. Oh come on, I can't help it that they chose me! It's the choice of the King and his family that they chose me as the heir, so screw them!

Then, the same vampire who asked me the question of being mentioned looks at me and his facial expression looks like it's about to say: I told you!

''Can someone at least tell me why I'm chosen as the new heir? Because I am confused as heck.'' confusion is clearly heard in my voice. Everything happened so fast, so I don't even know what had happened.

Prince Hakyeon slows down and demands the guards to let go of me. The guards do as the prince demanded and they walk fast to protect the rest of the family. The prince grabs my hand and I look at him with confusion shown in my face. 

''Once we stood at the balcony, we were already trying to find some vampires which looked like good candidates. But as soon as I saw you, I told my dad that I wanted you as the new heir. I didn't want to look further, I had my eyes set on you.'' the prince explains and I don't even know what to think anymore. The prince wanted me as the new heir? Why?

The prince doesn't let go of my hand and some other members of the family look at us with a smile on their face. Hmm, it seems that they are happy aswell that I'm the lucky one. Well, lucky one? I don't think I am lucky, but who cares?

As soon as we arrive at the palace ,which is a walk of an hour apparently, the guards take in their position at the gate and we enter the palace. This thing is huge, so I wonder how soon I'll get lost in here. My God, it's big!

The prince takes me with him to the luxurious livingroom and he lets go of my hand so that I can take a seat at the couch, the prince soon follows me and takes a seat next to me. The other family members take a seat on the other couch and at several seats, before their eyes are set on me. The livingroom is decorated with luxurious furniture and the walls look expensive as heck.

''I assume that my son has explained to you why you are chosen as the new heir, so I don't have to explain that myself anymore. We will announce it to the public in 2 days and we will train you to turn you into a royal, because you can't raise to the throne if you don't know anything about our life.'' the King says and I nod. That means that the family has broken my promise with Hongbin, because we swore that we wouldn't separate from each other. But this means that I no longer live my own life anymore, I have to focus on becoming the new king and to become a royal. Ugh, I don't like this!