Staying Late

Secretly Mine

This was not good. Not good at all.

I could not stop grinning ever since I arrived at work and even after I sat at my desk, ready to tackle the pile of documents in front of me, I was still smiling.

The reason was simple: I kept replaying the whole weekend inside my head.

I had stayed over that Saturday night, sleeping in the same bed as Byul (of course, Kkomo was there too) and then I spent the whole Sunday with her as well. Today, I woke up in her bed once again, but earlier than my alarm because I needed to get back to my apartment and get ready for work. On impulse, I had kissed a sleeping Byul (it was on the forehead, but it was still pretty bold for me) and then Kkomo before leaving Byul’s apartment for mine.

If that chaste kiss was enough to turn me into a mess, I wondered what would happen if we kiss for real?

“It’s nice to see you so happy early in the morning, Miss Jung.”

Hearing the drawled out sentence uttered in that familiar husky voice, my smile immediately vanished. I hurriedly put on my stoic secretary mask and carefully adjusted my glasses before raising my head to greet the woman standing before me, dressed in her usual expensive outfit, with a curt nod.

“Good morning, Miss Hwang,” I said stiffly before turning my attention to the computer screen, fingers typing furiously across the keyboard, “your coffee and some urgent files are waiting for you in your office.”

That was me subtly telling her to go ahead and go inside; let me continue reminiscing, for god’s sake!

As if getting the hint, the woman gave me a sly smirk before walking past my desk towards her office….at least that was what I thought she did until I felt a pair of arms encircling my neck from the back.

“Why are you being so cold to me, Wheein?” she murmured in my ear before nuzzling her nose against the side of my face. “Just a week ago you were a mess inside my office...”

I visibly stiffened in her arms; my face instantly became hot. I glanced around nervously. Everyone else was still out having breakfast; we were all alone.

“Please stop, Tiffany,” I whispered, refusing to turn my head to face her because I knew what happened the last time I did, “I told you that that was the one and only time…”

“Mmm, but you were so good~” she breathed, pressing against the shell of my ear before slowly tracing the outline with the tip of her tongue, “are you sure that was the one and only time?”

.

My ears were a sensitive spot for me – I didn’t expect her to notice after that one time. It was definitely a trigger for me, I could already feel the knots forming in my stomach, but I tried my best to resist; I clenched my eyes shut, balled my hands into fists and gritted my teeth.

My real problem was that my frustration had been building up ever since I started crushing on Byul; spending the whole weekend together and waking up in the same bed with her didn’t help either. So when Tiffany started and nibbling on my earlobe, I completely lost it.

I swiftly turned my head towards her and crashed our mouths together. I could feel her smiling as we kissed, but I was too to care.

Without breaking the kiss, I took off my glasses and stood up from my seat. My hand was tangled deep in her dark hair while my other hand was on her hip, guiding her to sit on my desk. Then, I positioned myself in between her legs; she wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck in response. I tugged her hair slightly, tilting her head to one side and deepened the kiss. Our tongues moved in rhythm and when I realized that she was fully submitting herself to me, I let out a satisfied grunt.

“W-Wait,” she said breathlessly as she broke the kiss, “w-we should…ah…we should take this to my office…”

I trailed wet kisses down her neck and lightly bit at a soft patch of skin before pulling away. She gave me quick kisses on the mouth before taking my hand, guiding me towards her office.

I was suddenly reminded of how Byul’s hand fit mine better than it fit hers and without warning, Byul’s face flashed through my head, making me stop in my tracks.

Tiffany turned to look at me, frowning. “What’s wrong, baby?” she asked, gently tugging my hand to make me move. When I was still not budging, she let out an indignant scoff. “Are you seriously changing your mind right now, Jung Wheein?” she asked in an irritated tone. She let my hand go and crossed her arms over her chest, looking at me with a raised brow. “After you kissed me like that?”

I rubbed the back of my neck and looked away, feeling slightly guilty. “I’m sorry,” I said in a quiet voice. “I…I can’t…”

“Why?” she asked hotly, clearly not satisfied with my answer. “What changed between last week and today?”

Byul.

Her name was the only answer I could come up with, but it was not Tiffany’s business to know about Byul.

“Did you get yourself a girlfriend?”

My head snapped towards her. “Wh-what?” I stammered, blushing as the image of Byul as my girlfriend passed through my head. “N-No. What gives you that idea?”

“Then you definitely found someone you like.”

My eyes widened at her assumption. “Wh-what? H-How…?”

“I could tell that you were thinking of someone else when you kissed me...”

I felt another wave of guilt passing through me. But I quickly reminded myself that this was Tiffany Hwang - the woman who had half of the company staffs under her spell; people say it was because her father owns the company, but I thought her charms played their role as well.

Her smile was sad and her eyes reflected the same sadness, but this thing she had with me was probably just her playing around again; definitely not anything serious.

“Forget it,” she said after a while, waving her hand dismissively before turning her back towards me and headed into her office. “Get back to work, Miss Jung. We will have a very long and very busy day ahead of us.”

I wanted to say that I was surprised by this sudden change in attitude, but I honestly wasn’t – I had seen this side of her one too many times. I was glad that she decided to be professional about all this; her professional side was the one that attracted me to work with her after all.

“Yes, Miss Hwang,” I replied quietly just as she closed the door in my face.

 

It was just like Tiffany said – it was a long and busy day for both of us.

As soon as the clock struck five, I gathered my belongings and got up from my seat. I noticed that the light in Tiffany’s office was still on and I couldn’t help feeling concerned.

I approached the door and knocked twice before pushing it open. I peeked through the crack and frowned when I saw her still staring at the computer screen, seemingly oblivious of her surroundings.

“I’m going home now,” I said, purposely in a loud voice to attract her attention, “do you need anything else, Miss Hwang?”

My tactic worked because she finally looked up.

That was when I realized that she looked even more tired than I actually felt right now. She let out a sigh and leaned back in her chair, pinching the bridge of her nose.

“No,” she replied in a hoarse voice, “you can go home, Wheein-ah.”

I frowned at the sudden familiarity.

She must be even more tired than I thought.

I let out a sigh and fished out my phone. I texted Byul, telling her that I would be running late, before inviting myself into Tiffany’s office. She looked at me questioningly, but I just ignored her. I tossed my bag on the leather couch and approached her desk.

“What are you working on?” I asked, leaning across the desk to peek at her computer screen. “I’ll try my best to help you...”

She opened , probably wanted to protest. Surprisingly, she just closed again and smiled.

“Thank you, Wheein,” she murmured.

I found myself smiling back at her. “Yeah, no problem.”