Chapter 6: Autumn Leaves

We Got Married - JinJi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 2019

. . .

The wind was getting chillier by the day and the leaves were starting to turn yellow. Jinyoung was going to be very busy this September until October because of his comeback. Every day he was practicing with Got7. The only time he had rest was on Mondays and Tuesdays, which were taken up by WGM shooting. He was so hard working and professional that he never missed a shoot day. Even if he didn't express it, she could feel his energy draining. 

Jisoo lay in bed, scrolling through Got7's Instagram feed. "Hwaiting, Jinyoung," she whispered.

There was a knock on her door and manager-unnie peaked in. "Jisoo, there's been a change of plans for tomorrow. Instead of going décor shopping for your wedding, you and Jinyoung will go to the venue and check it out." 

Jisoo nodded. "Alright, thanks, unnie."

"Get some sleep, we'll be up early tomorrow."

"Yes I will. Thank you." 

Jisoo smiled as she remembered their "Wedding planning" date. She and Jinyoung were allowed to bring one friend to help them plan the wedding.

She brought along Rose and Jinyoung brought Youngjae.

"Hello," she and Rose said. "Sorry we're late."

"It's okay," Youngjae said at the same Jinyoung said, "You're such a bother."

"Ya," Jisoo admonished. "We're only a few minutes late. PD-nim did it on purpose so they can have establishing shots."

Youngjae and Rose opened their mouth in surprise and Jinyoung facepalmed. "I'm really sorry," he told the attached cameras. "I apologize on behalf of my fiancé."

"Alright," Jisoo said brightly. "Let's get started on the planning."

They had decided to go with an outdoor bohemian wedding in November. By then, the leaves will be orange and will be a nice pop of colour to the white theme.

Rose and Youngjae were so in sync with their ideas that Jisoo and Jinyoung barely had a chance to pitch their own.

"Excuse me, excuse me," Jinyoung said. "Are you the ones getting married? Are you taking over the wedding? Shall I give this to Rose then?" He took Jisoo's hand and pretended to take off the ring.

"Sooya, your finger's too big. It won't come off."

"Ya, you're just saying that so you can hold my hand longer."

Jinyoung let go of her as if she was diseased. "I would never."

Their teasing had gone to a point where it was competitive. They would tease each other so much just to see who would get flustered first. Because of their little competition, their skinship was even more comfortable. At this point, Jinyoung wasn't afraid to put his arms around her or put his face dangerously close to hers.

In return, Jisoo would dare to stare into his eyes and blow him air kisses.

The first time it happened, Jisoo hadn't thought about it and only realized it later on. 

She and Jinyoung were at the trampoline park. It was the last week of August, the last week before Jinyoung would become busier for their comeback. 

They were jumping around and being silly with each other when Jisoo fell on her knees. Jinyoung fell down on purpose and landed close to her. 

"Ya!" 

"Why, are you flustered?"

"Why wouldn't I be? You're so close," Jisoo argued. "How could not be affected?"

"Like this," Jinyoung said, abruptly leaning his face closer to hers. 

Jisoo's eyes widened but she managed to control it by squinting her eyes at him, daring not to move her face away. 

"You're squinting," Jinyoung whispered. She could feel his breath on her upper lip.

She opened her eyes wide and looked him in the eyes. "Like this?" Jisoo leaned closer to Jinyoung, almost closing the gap between their lips.

"WHAT A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter