Chapter 15: Distance

We Got Married - JinJi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GOT7 PARK JINYOUNG COMES BACK FROM MILITARY

Published on November 29, 2022

By: *********

SEOUL, S. Korea - After serving the military for two years, GOT7's Park Jinyoung is back. 

In the meantime, the singer-actor is staying in his hometown Jinhae. 

"I wish to spend the rest of the year resting at home with my family," he said. 

Before going home, Park Jinyoung reportedly visited his fellow GOT7 members first. They were spotted eating at a restaurant in Hongdae. 

JYP Entertainment expressed in a statement that Park Jinyoung will continue his contract with them as a member of GOT7 and as an actor. 

. . .

"Unnie, look at this!" Jennie screamed, running into Jisoo's room and plopping on the bed. "He's home." 

Jennie showed her a photo from her phone. It was of GOT7 inside a restaurant, looking happy with all 7 members. 

Her heart pounded against her chest as she stared at his face, slightly blurred and out of focus. 

"He looks well," Jisoo smiled. 

"He looks so broad," Jennie breathed. "Damn, girl, your boy looks good." 

Jisoo said nothing. She wasn't sure if he was even still 'her boy.' Maybe the military changed him - taught him that it's a waste of time to pin for girls he can't even be with. Maybe their two-year separation made him realize that she - a girl idol who's isn't given much promotion by her own agency - isn't worth it. 

Maybe he no longer feels the same. 

Maybe he's moved on, their experience at WGM just a part of their career as idols. 

Deep in her thoughts, Jisoo missed the way Jennie was scrutinizing her. 

"What's wrong with you?" 

Jisoo was taken aback by the question. "What? What are you talking about?"

"I can see right through you," Jennie said sharply. "Make up your damn mind about your relationship, Kim Jisoo. We're all rooting for you - helping in ways we can. But if you're going to fill your head with doubt, then we're just wasting our time." 

She left Jisoo's room with a slam of the door. 

Jisoo stared at the door Jennie just shut. What was going on with her? Why was she starting to doubt? 

She searched the article on her phone and stared at his face. Jinyoung. Did she even miss him? She no longer felt the incapacitating longing for him - was it because she's so used to missing him that she's gone numb? Or was it because she no longer misses him? Does she still want to be with him?

She groaned in frustration. She told herself she'd never be the kind of girl who would lose sleep over her feelings. Feelings are feelings and that was it. She was supposed to be mature about it, but why was she like this? 

Here she was, pinning for a boy and crying over feelings for more than two years. Two years. It was getting tiring. She was tired of wondering if he even still loves her. She was tired of assuring her heavy heart that it still belonged to him and vice versa. 

She was getting tired of loving him from a distance. 

. . .

December 2022

SBS Gayo Daejeon

She could see him from their table. He was sitting between Yugyeom and Mark, casually conversing with them. He gave no indication he even saw her. 

Jennie leaned in and whispered, "Jackson told me he left Jinhae just so he could come here. He's going to perform with them tonight." 

Jisoo nodded. 

"Don't worry, unnie. You look devastatingly stunning. That dress with that slit can launch a thousand ships." 

Jisoo laughed and p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter