Chapter 12: Bittersweet

We Got Married - JinJi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 2020

. . . 

It was a terrible month for Jisoo. The sudden change in her routine left a hole in her chest. She was so used to going to their apartment and seeing Jinyoung every Monday, she swears she's having withdrawals.

Blackpink's promotion for their comeback has started, so Jisoo was tired for most days. She was glad - she barely had the luxury of focusing on her feelings with all the work that needed to be done. 

Jisoo finally got to write and sing a solo song for their album, a soft ballad that fit her genre more. Most days, she was at the studio with Rose. Career-wise, it was going well for her. 

But she missed him. She missed him terribly, every day and every night. Their dating ban wouldn't be lifted until 2022, two years from now. It was painful to wait. 

. . .

Jisoo was anxiously waiting with her staff at the airport for Jinyoung. She had made sure to look extra beautiful today - she even asked Jennie to help her pick out her outfit.

Just like on our first date, Jisoo thought. 

When she saw his van pull up at the airport, Jisoo started bouncing on her toes.

He's here, he's here, he's here!

As she saw him approach, she had to stop bouncing and take a breath. It was as if she forgot how breathtaking he looked. 

He obviously just got up from bed - his hair was a mess, his eyes were a little puffy, and his face was unshaved. He wore a gray sweater and a black cap. 

Jisoo giggled a certain memory: the first time she saw him with an unshaved face. He had nothing scheduled for the weekend that time, so when she came to the house on Monday, he had a five o-clock shadow. 

Jisoo did a double take and stared at him from the living room. 

"What?" Jinyoung asked irritably. He had an apron over his blue sweater. He looked like so boyfriend-material that Jisoo was couldn't help but stare. 

"Nothing," Jisoo replied, shaking her head. She went to the bedroom and set her bag down on the closet. She said hi to all the cameras out of habit. 

"What are you cooking?" 

"Just chicken fingers," he answered. 

"Chicken!"  

Jisoo glanced at what he was doing. Making sure there was nothing going to burn at the moment, she bounced closer to him and held his face in her hands, feeling the stubble on his face. 

She laughed at the feel of it. 

"You've never seen me like this before," Jinyoung said, rolling his eyes. "Don't fall in love too much, alright?"

Jisoo huffed. "As if!" 

He raised an eyebrow at her, stepping closer and invading her personal space. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Jisoo deadpanned. 

He captured her in a hug and proceeded to rub his stubble against her cheek. Jisoo laughed and screamed for help. 

Jisoo sighed. She missed their old apartment. They never had the chance to say goodbye to it. There were so many memories there - good ones, bad ones, and unforgettable ones.

"Why the long face?" 

Jisoo looked up at Jinyoung and smiled brightly, happiness filling her heart. 

"Nyeongan," he greeted cheerfully, ruffling Jisoo's hair and pulling her in for a tight hug. "I've missed you so much," he whispered to her, making sure she's the only one who hears him. 

Jisoo pushed him away playfully and smiled. "Me too." 

Holding nothing back, they acted like goofy lovers on a honeymoon. They didn't mind the cameras and the crowd. There was just them - Jinyoung and Jisoo. 

. . . 

Five days in Jeju was more than enough for them to make the most out of their time together. Inside their camera-loaded cottage, Jisoo was making their itinerary while Jinyoung played with her hair. 

"Let's get a massage," Jisoo said, writing it down. "And theeeen let's go get some tangerines. And then we can go to the market and eat some chicken skewers..."

"Or," Jinyoung suggested, "We could just stay here." He pulled her to the bed and held her close. 

"No," Jisoo groaned, trying to get away. "There's stuff to do, places to see!" 

. . . 

"Eeeeeh," Jisoo said, trembling. Her feet barely touched the platform as the instructor attached the rope to her harness. She could feel her heart pounding wildly against her chest. 

They were out on the mountains, hiking and zip lining. 

Jinyoung quietly held her by the waist, supporting her as they were about to be pushed off. Truth be told, he was terrified of heights himself. He was ready to poop his pants. However, because she needed him, he had to shove his fears aside and be there for her. 

The instructor pushed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter