Chapter 18: Denouement (Part 2)

We Got Married - JinJi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jisoo, will you go out with me? 

Jinyoung literally felt the cringe deep in his soul. He can't believe he did that during a live broadcast on national television.

The boys are never going to this die down. He was going to be teased until the day he dies. 

It was just a spur of the moment - it was the perfect opportunity to ask her out. Maybe it was because he spent all night watching fan edit videos of Jisoo's admirers. It made him slightly possessive and jealous even though he had no reason to be. 

 Take that, all her other admirers, he thought. That girl is mine. 

He may not be the most handsome, or the tallest, or the most talented idol out there, but he got the girl. He felt like dancing from the joy. 

And now, he's embarrassed himself by asking her out in front of the whole world. It's a good thing she likes him back - he can't imagine the embarrassment of being rejected. 

 

His phone buzzed all night long, but he had no time to answer any of the calls or check the messages. 

It was almost 11 in the evening when he collapsed on his bed. He took out his phone. 

Soyoung-noona: 19 missed calls

Jinyoung sighed. Oh boy, he was in for a long night. Of course, his sisters always watched all his broadcasts. They were his biggest fans. They've surely seen tonight's episode.

He called her back - she answered it before the first ring ended. 

"Jireongie! Jireongie!" 

"Ah, noona," Jinyoung answered back.

"Eomma wants to talk to you-" 

"Jinyoungie!" His mother's wails filled the earpiece. "My baby is now a man-" 

"Eomma!" Boyoung screamed from behind. "Don't cry, you'll get the phone wet -"

"Jinyoung-ah," he heard his father say.

"Appa," Jinyoung greeted, suddenly nervous. His father wasn't always affectionate. He pushed Jinyoung to always do his best. 

He remembered the time his father told him to give up his dreams of being an idol because he was lazy during dance practice. It made him work harder until he was best. 

He owed everything to his parents. 

"I saw the broadcast," his father said. 

Jinyoung's heart pounded against his chest. "Yea?" 

He heard his father sigh. "Do your best, son. You're old enough to know what's right and what's not. Your sisters have met her already, but me and mom haven't yet. Bring her here, alright?" 

"Yes, appa," Jinyoung answered, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Jinyoung-ah," Soyoung sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter