Chapter 17: Denouement (Part 1)

We Got Married - JinJi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Unknown): Please watch the broadcast tonight at 7 pm. 

Who's this? 

(Unknown): Who else? Just watch the broadcast, Sooya.

 

The girls were gathered on the living room together, lazily watching TV. Lisa had her arms wrapped around Jisoo as they both lounged on the sofa. Jennie was laying on Chaeyoung's lap as the girl with the rosy hair idly switched channels. 

There was only one person who called her Sooya. She stared at the message and saved his number as 'Nyoungie.' 

It had been days since their confrontation inside her dorm. This was the first time she got a message from him, and she breathed a sigh of relief. 

So he's not mad at me.

She didn't know what came over her. There she was, with everyone who loved her surrounding her and enveloping her in a cocoon of love and care, choosing to ignore it all to spiral in her own little pity party. 

She had apologized profusely to Jennie, Chaeyoung and Lisa after her talk with Jinyoung. She realized that she hasn't been the mother hen that she usually is to the girls because she'd been so down. 

"I'm sorry I let my little chickens down," she cooed, pretending they were babies. She played with Chaeyoung's hair, messing it up. 

"I'm just glad you're back to your old self, unnie," Jennie said as she plopped down on Jisoo's bed. 

"Yea," Lisa agreed. "I missed you so much!" 

The three girls attached Jisoo with hugs and pinches.  

Jisoo mock-yelled. "Oh no, my little pets are conspiring against me. They're going to kill me - HELP!" 

 

"Let me me have the remote by 7pm," Jennie said. "We need to watch something."

Jisoo eyed her friend suspiciously. "Do you know what this is about?" Jisoo asked Jennie. 

The younger girl looked at her sideways before answering, "Nope." 

"Liar," Jisoo accused. "You do know." 

"Yea, but I won't tell you. Shut up and watch."

 

Got7 were guests on a talk show discussing their newest album. Bambam was very fascinated with the gems that were encrusting the mic while Youngjae and Yugyeom kept on laughing at something. 

"Before we move on to your album, let's talk about your personal lives first," the MC said. "2022 was a wild year for your group, huh?" 

Yugyeom and Bambam guffawed. "You can say that again," Bambam said. 

"Yugyeom became a guest judge for Hit the Stage," the MC said. 

"Yes. I won in 2016, and all my other co-judges were winners as well," Yugyeom answered. 

"That must have been really nice." 

"It was," Yugyeom laughed. "I missed the show." 

"Mark-sshi," the MC turned to Mark. "You just left Real Men, right? How was the show for you?" 

 

Jisoo watched the boys' interview with a smile. She really missed all of them. 

Hopefully someday they can be all together again and play games, just like the old times. Witnessing Got7 being literal crackheads was one of the funniest thing she ever experienced. 

She laughed along as they teased Mark over his toned muscles, cringed as they begged Bambam to do aegyo for them, and guffawed as Jackson and Youngjae played a game of rock, paper, scissors over who gets to have the last chicken skewer prepared for the guests.

 

"JB-sshi," the MC said, trying to take control of the situation. "You've been in the dating scene for quiet a while now, right?" 

Got7 hooted like owls and howled like wolves. Yugyeom made a strange noise that sounded like 'Chuchuchuchuuuuuuuu.'

"Yes," Jaebum coolly answered, flashing a handsome smile at the camera. 

"How is that like? You're dating Jennie Kim, right?" 

"Yes, yes," he said. "It's been great. Jennie is a very awesome woman." 

 

Jisoo noted from her position on the sofa how Jennie beamed with pride seeing her boyfriend brag about her. She swatted her friend's head from behind. 

"Ya, stop it. You're both so cheesy I could smell the stench from here." 

Jennie hit her on the leg and turned back to the broadcast without a word. 

 

"What are your plans for your relationship when you go to the military?" 

"Actually, we've discussed it," Jaebum answered. "We don't see it as a problem." 

"Wow," the MC commented. "You two sure seem so mature about your relationship. Speaking of military," he turned to Jinyoung, "Welcome back from the military, Jinyoung! How does it feel to be in show business again?"

 

Jisoo could tell he wasn't as confident as he was before. She supposed it does take some time to adjust back to the life of an idol, with all the cameras around and whatnot. She could see the tension in his shoulders, the way his held himself rigidly. 

 

"Honestly, I feel relieved," Jinyoung breathed out. "I was worried my career was going to end once I come back, among other things." 

The MC nodded sympathetically. "Yes, some idols aren't fortunate enough to survive the hiatus they go on once they're required by the army. It's a good thing you have your brothers with you, right?" 

"Yes, of course," Jinyoung said, gesturing to his friends. "These guys helped me out - they send me video greetings almost every month." 

"You've been mum about the reason why you went earlier than expecte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter