Chapter 5: Haunted Houses

We Got Married - JinJi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 2019

. . .

Today was their scheduled fifth date. A month had flown by so fast. For Jisoo, the WGM shootings engraved itself into her life so easily that she didn't have a hard time adjusting. And besides, she and Jinyoung weren't 'married' yet, so they didn't have to live under the same roof. 

She recalled the sigh of relief she gave when they read the mission card at the end of their first date at the cafe. Jisoo was nervous because although she was very comfortable with Jinyoung, she couldn't imagine going home with him and sleeping on the same bed. 

"Dear new couple," Jinyoung read aloud. "Because you aren't virtually married yet, you will go home to your own respective dorms. Stay excited for the next date." 

They ended up going on dates for five consecutive weeks. 

For their second date, Jinyoung and Jisoo went on a picnic and went for a stroll across the park. Jisoo was really happy with Jinyoung as they held hands while walking. It was their first time to hold hands - or have any other lasting skinship, really - and it happened so naturally. After they were done with their picnic and had cleaned up, Jinyoung stood up, took the basket and offered his hand to Jisoo, helping her stand up. He never let go since. 

"I'm really happy," Jisoo smiled.

"Oh?" Jinyoung said, looking down at her. 

"Your hands aren't sweaty. It makes me very happy. Sweaty hands are gross." 

"Ah," Jinyoung said, squeezing her hand tighter. "I never thought about that. Your hands are dry, too. This is nice." 

"We should have those cute nicknames couples have," Jisoo said. "Like dear, darling, cupcake, sweetie, honey, sugar, eggs, flour, milk."

Jinyoung face-palmed at Jisoo's joke. He stopped walking and stood, staring stone-faced at Jisoo. 

"What? You don't like it?" Jisoo asked innocently, batting her eyelashes. 

"Let's call each other idiots." 

"I'll just call you Junior."

For their third date, they visited their empty home and went out to buy home decor and groceries. 

Jinyoung tossed the keys in the air as he and Jisoo entered their soon-to-be home in Hongdae. It's a one-story apartment with a spacious living/dining room that flowed with the kitchen, one bedroom, and one bathroom. 

"The space is very big," Jisoo commented. "It's probably meant to accommodate all our members." She waved at one of the cameras attached to the windows. 

Jinyoung looked around. "I actually think you're right." 

They went out to buy home decor and groceries so that they won't need to do it in the future. 

"Annyeong," Jisoo told the handheld camera. "We're supposed to be looking for bedsheets and pillowcases, but I lost my husband. I'm sitting on the ground because I'm so tired. All the options are making me dizzy." 

"Sooya," Jinyoung called from somewhere far away.

"I'm here," Jisoo said, standing up and waving her arms. "Come save me!" 

Jinyoung ran to her and let out an exaggerated sigh. "Oh, Sooya," he said. "I thought I lost you forever!" 

. . . 

She looked at the bedding set they bought, as well as the curtains. 

"Jinyoung," she called. "I noticed something." 

"Yeah?"

"Everything we bought is either black or white, or gray." 

Jinyoung frowned and stopped putting on the cream-colored curtains he was putting on the living room window. He stepped down and joined her in the bedroom. 

"Oh, I didn't notice," he said.

"Me too. The house looks to boring," Jisoo said. She turned to look at him. "Are we boring people?"

Jinyoung laughed and put his hands against his eyes. "Aish, I can just hear the panel teasing us that we're boring and dull." 

Jisoo marched to the shopping bags they laid down on the floor. "Are you sure there's no pop of color here?" She rummaged through the bags and came up disappointed. 

Jinyoung took out his wallet and fished for the polaroid photos they took on their first and second date. He gave it to Jisoo

"Oh, you have these?"

"Yes, let's put them on our bedroom for that 'pop of color' we're looking for," he said.

"But Ngyoungie," Jisoo said, showing him the photos. "We're wearing brown on our first date, and white and gray on the second. Those aren't exactly popping colors, right?"

Jinyoung stared at the photos, despair clouding his face. "I guess, by our standards, brown is already a loud color?"

"This devastating," Jisoo said, melting on the floor. 

Their most recent date was at the ceramic studio. They wanted to add a personal touch to their monochromatic home decor by making tableware from scratch. Jinyoung was tasked to work on the plates and bowls while Jisoo made the mugs and saucers. While Jinyoung made sensible ones, Jisoo went for a quirky design. 

"Sooya," Jinyoung whined, calling her by the nickname he decided on. "Why did you have to make it so weird? We actually have to use those!" 

Jisoo only laughed evilly. 

For their fifth date, which was today, Jinyoung wanted to go the amusement park. How childish, Jisoo thought as she excitedly exited her manager's car and shouted, "Yahoooooo," once they arrived. 

She saw Jinyoung coming towards her with two big clouds of cotton can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter