007

Just Right

Amy leaned forward and pulled her laptop closer to her. She was accessing their company’s website and was checking around. She also had a copy of the company’s performance right in front of her.

“Why are…you…looking at those?” Jaebum spoke as he came back to her room with some coffee.

“Pa mentioned that Jackson hasn’t been doing anything that great. But, look.” She pointed towards her laptop.

“Sales have been doubling. The company value has been skyrocketing for three years now.” She sounded tired and exasperated.

“Amy,” Jaebum sighed, he took the laptop and documents from her, he set them aside.

“When am I getting out?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Do I get to see Jackson now? I mean, I’m~”

“Amy, ICU, remember? And, no visitors allowed. Your parents have never even seen him.” He said softly, Amy picked up a banana from the side table.

“But, he’s okay, right?”

“H—He is, he just needs more care in order to recuperate.” Jaebum said to her, she nodded.

“Do you want something else to eat?”

“Hmm, can you get me..some fried chicken? I would kill for some right now.” She said, Jaebum nodded and patted her hand, he picked up his coat before stepping out of the room. Amy reached for her phone as soon as the doors shut close. He quickly punched in the phone number and pressed the device to her ear.

“Hi, I’m calling regarding a patient….Yes, I’m his immediately family. I’m his aunt.” She said as she leaned back on the bed.

“What? What do you mean you don’t have him on your patient list?!”

 

 

Mark was making his way towards the room when he noticed the amount of people standing outside Amy’s suite. His brows rose as he realized that they were police officers.

“What did she do now?” He muttered under his breath, he jogged towards them and saw Mr. Wang inside the room.

“What do you mean you can’t find her? Your job was to look after her.” He argued with the men he assigned to watch over Amy.

“Sir, she asked us to buy her something to eat. She said she was so hungry. So, we left.” One explained, Mr. Wang sighed and loosened his tie.

“There seems to be no signs of..struggle here, chairman. Your daughter must have left on her own.”

The elder looked at the policeman as his secretary translated for him, he exhaled and nodded. He thanked the officers before sitting down, he noticed Mark walk into the room.

“Amy…left?” He spoke.

“She did. She took  Jaebum’s car.”

Mark’s brows furrowed, but he nodded back.

“We tried calling her, but she left her phone here. And, we can’t trace Jaebum’s car.” The elder said to him, Mark looked around the room. He noticed Amy’s purse was missing, but she had purposely left her phone on the bed. Her coat was gone, which led him to think that she was probably still wearing hospital gown underneath her coat. And, if he was right about Amy, she would rather die than wear a hospital gown in public.

Mark quietly left the room and rushed back to the basement parking.

 

 

Amy slowly sat down on the couch, she winced as she jostled her bandage. She pulled the robe closer to her frame before lifting her feet off the carpeted floor.

She grabbed the remote control and turned to the news. She was so confused; no one was talking about how her brother seemed to be missing. She had called over dozens of hospitals and medical clinics over the past hour and Jackson’s name never popped out.

Everyone was lying to her. And she was seething in anger. She even called morgues, that’s how she desperate she was. But, thankfully, Jackson was not in any.

She exhaled and closed her eyes.

“Where are you? And what have you done?”

She heard the familiar bell as the door opened, she turned her head and groaned.

“What do you want?” She snapped without facing him, Mark made his way towards her, he set the box of fried chicken on the table before facing her.

“Okay, so first of all, it was their idea. Not mine.” He said.

“Sure. And you just decided it was okay to lie to an injured person.”

“You don’t seem to be one now. How did you drive here without breaking another rib?” He asked, but Amy sent him a look.

“Look, Ames, all we know for sure is that your brother, who was heavily injured, walked out of that accident alive. His blood was on the scene, and we have no idea how he managed to disappear.”

“Hmm, seems believable.” She chirped at him, Mark sighed and sat down beside her.

“Trust me, everyone’s been looking for him. Your parents just wanted you to recuperate well before you~”

“Before I find out my brother’s missing?” She asked, Mark looked at her.

“He’s alive, Ames. That’s what matters.”

“But he isn’t here!” She yelled back, Mark noticed tears rolling down her cheeks, he sighed and his lips.

“Think about it, why would he do it? Why would he hide despite his injuries?”

“You think he’s hiding?” Amy turned her gaze to him, Mark nodded.

That’s how it looks like. And I have a feeling, he doesn’t want to be found.”

She was quiet for a few seconds, she tried to reach for the chicken but failed, her hand crept up to her side.

“Don’t move.” Mark said as he got the box and opened it, he set it between them, Amy took a drumstick and took a small bite from it.

“You still let them lie to me, Mark.” She said darkly, he shook his head and grinned at her.

“Be nice to me, Ames.”

“Trust me, I’m trying.”

 

 

Jaebum looked at his friend, then at Jinyoung. Amy was at the living room, on the phone with her parents. She had informed them that she’s safe and she told them that there was no need to visit her.

“How did..How did you know that she was going to be here?” Jinyoung asked, Mark looked up from his bag of chips.

“Do you think Amy Wang would be walking around wearing nothing but a hospital gown?” He replied, to that Amy turned to them.

“I would rather die.” She stated, Jaebum sent her a look.

“You weren’t supposed to leave yet, Amy.” Jinyoung told her.

“Well, you all weren’t supposed to lie to me. Let’s call it even.” She shot back before turning to the TV again, Mark shrugged at them.

“What’s the plan? She can’t stay here alone.” Jaebum asked.

“How about you babysit?” Jinyoung replied to him, Mark grinned at Jaebum.

“I have to leave for Taiwan tomorrow. I wont be back in a week.”

Jinyoung turned to Mark.

“Nope. She’s not normal as what you guys claimed.” Mark said before taking a long sip of his cola.

“Mark, you’re the only one~”

“You guys don’t have to watch over me. I’m perfectly fine on my own.” Amy spoke from the couch, Mark nodded quickly.

“See? She’s~”

“I mean; I can burn this place down on my own. Because, people annoy me sometimes. I just don’t understand why they would lie to my face and pretend that everything’s fine with my brother when in fact he’s missing. And I might as well call the company and tell them to announce that he is~”

“You know what, I’ll do it. I don’t want this building to turn into ashes. Right, Ames?” Mark said while gritting his teeth together, Amy turned her head to her and she smiled at him.

“That’s very nice of you, Mark.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++