004

Just Right

“It really has been….years.” Amy was smiling as they walked through the lobby, Jackson nodded and put her arm around his.

“You should have slept in today, it’s going to be boring here, Ames.” He said as they reached the lobby, employees would greet Jackson politely as they passed by.

“Nah, I’m okay, ge. I slept enough.” She replied as they got inside the elevator, Amy leaned back as the doors closed before them.

“How…How are things?”

“The company’s doing okay, our sales went up last year by thirteen percent and this year, from the reports it will~”

“I don’t mean the company, ge, I meant you. How are you?” She asked, the doors pinged open and the siblings stepped out.

“Asides from pa being a bit of an to me most of the time, I’m good.” He said jokingly, Amy grinned and hooked arms with him as they made their way to his office. They got inside and Amy paused when she saw the people already inside.

“Meeting, remember?” Jackson said with an apologetic grin, Amy shook her head.

“How about you go for some shopping? You look you would need thicker clothes.” Jackson suggested as he pointed towards her leather jacket. He was right, Amy felt cold.

“I’ll take you car then.” Amy rolled her eyes at him, Jackson patted her cheek, like the doting sibling he is before calling for the driver.

“I’ll see you at lunch, mei.”

Amy stepped out of the room, Jackson greeted the directors in his office before turning to his secretary.

“What is it, sir?”

“Have everything prepared.” He said simply before joining the others.

 

 

Amy’s eyes scanned around the shop as rows and rows of coats were being presented to her. She had already purchased some padded jackets and leggings earlier, and was now in some designer boutique that she knew her brother would rather have her wear.

“We have this in your size, ma’am.”

Her eyes turned to the black trench coat with faux fur lining, she nodded.

“I’ll take that and the beige one and~”

“And here I was thinking that you weren’t a cliché, Ames.”

She spun her head around and her eyes narrowed at the male, the employees bowed as he approached her.

“It’s Amy for you, Mark.” She said in a flat tone.

“So, Jackson let you roam around alone?” He spoke as he invited himself to stand next to her, Amy glanced at him briefly.

“He’s busy. He has meetings for the rest of the morning. You? I was thinking you actually worked, you know.” She shot back, Mark chuckled and buried his hands in his pockets.

“I work in the tech business, Ames. I have a lot of free time.”

“What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense, but okay.” She shrugged before handing her credit card to the sales associate.

“You know,” Mark said as he walked with her, Amy nodded for him to continue.

“It’s good you flew home.” He stated, he looked around them, he had noticed some people, mostly males were just blatantly staring at her.

“What do you mean?” She asked as she took her shopping bags from the counter.

“Your brother has been driving us crazy lately, so it’s good he has another buffer.” He grinned at her, Amy sighed and faced him.

“I have to go, it was…nice seeing you here, I guess.” She muttered under her breath.

“Watch over him.” Mark said to her.

“That’s why I’m here, Mark.”

“Be nice to me, Ames.” He chuckled before walking away from the girl, Amy puffed her cheeks in annoyance before making her way to the next store.

 

 

“Wow, really?” Amy said as Jackson and Mark joined her at the table.

“Mark mentioned that you two bumped into each other earlier.”

“Well, I didn’t know I’d be eating with him too.” She said as she picked up the menu.

“Amy,” Jackson sent her a condescending look, the younger girl rolled her eyes.

“What do you plan to do while being here? Surely, you’re not just going to lay around the house and be a couch potato for a week.” Jackson said as Mark read the menu, deciding what to eat.

“Probably gonna bother Jaebum while I’m here, and of course, refilling your refrigerator with actual food.” She said pointedly, Mark chuckled and nodded.

“Mei~”

“I opened your fridge, and lo and behold, nothing but a beer and a loaf of stale bread greeted me.”

Mark leaned back on his seat and called for the waiter.

“How about you go sightseeing? A lot of things have changed since you left.” Jackson said to her.

“I want the artisan cheeseburger, with fries. No onions and mustard.” She said before setting the menu down, Jackson nodded and ordered them for her.

“Jaebum mentioned you’re a doctor.” Mark talked, Amy nodded back.

“I only care for animals. Humans? Nope.” She replied, Jackson smiled and patted her head.

“A vet?”

“Duh?”

Jackson sighed, there was a high possibility of his best friend and sister not getting along. Ever.

“I have a~”

“Let me guess, you have a small breed, the fur is white, you baby the said pet so much and you want me to take a look?”

Mark smiled, not intimidated one bit by the youngest Wang, which impressed Jackson.

“His name’s Coco.” Mark replied, Amy grinned and nodded.

“Bring him with you the next time you barged into my brother’s place then.” Amy said, Mark smiled before taking a small sip of his lemonade.

“Or, you can just send him in, you don’t need to go.” She added as an afterthought, Jackson shook his head at her.

“Jackson said you were the normal one, now I’m confused.”

 

 

“Ge, I’m all saying is that, you don’t really have to pick up his every call.” Amy said as Jackson stepped on the gas, the two were on their way back to the company.

“If I do that, he’ll probably have~”

“I know, he’ll have your secretary barge into your doors, but pa…pa can be difficult, I know that. But if you keep on letting him affect you..then..” She trailed off, Jackson exhaled.

“I really don’t know what to do with him, mei. I mean, I’m sorry if I’m not the perfect firstborn.” He said dryly, Amy chuckled and shook her head.

“He just wants the best for you. For the both of us.”

“Well, can he tone it down a bit?” He muttered as they reached the crossing.

“Right, ge, Jaebum and I were talking about this party this Wednesday. It’s Jinyoung’s birthday and I wanna throw it at your place and~”

“Amy!” Jackson suddenly unbuckled his seatbelt and threw his frame at her, then it all happened so fast. They were spinning around, the loud screeches from the wheels made her ears hurt and she could feel Jackson wrapping his arms around her torso, he was cursing under his breath.

“Ge, what~” And then something had hit them so hard that Amy thought they were flying, all she could see were bright lights coming at her with force.

“Amy, don’t move!” Jackson’s voice was strained as he hugged her tightly.

“Jack~”

She felt a sharp stabbing pain on her arm, she heard her brother gasp and Amy was about to look up when everything turned black.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++