005

Just Right

Jaebum ran as soon as they elevator doors opened, he spotted Jackson’s secretary standing just outside the surgery room.

“Sir!”

“H-How are they?”

“The young miss, she bruised a few ribs, she loss a fair amount of blood due to the gash on her arm, but other than that, her vitals are stable.”

“Jackson?” He asked, the male paused before speaking.

“That’s where the problem starts, sir.”

“What are you saying?” Jaebum grew alarmed, it was then he noticed the amount of policemen also waiting with them.

“When the officials got to the scene, the young miss was still there, inside the car. But, the vice president..was gone.”

“I saw the accident, there is no way Jackson would have walked away from that on his own.” Jaebum argued, his voice rising up.

“His blood was all over the place, he was injured, sir. That’s why the police are here, they don’t understand how he could have..disappeared from the scene.”

Jaebum looked at the police again before shaking his head.

“Mr. and Mrs. Wang are already on their flight back.”

“Has Mark already been informed? Jinyoung?”

“Vice president Tuan is already aware of the situation, he just called me earlier, he said he’ll be taking care of the media. They’re already crowding downstairs.”

“Do you already have people searching for Jackson?” He questioned.

“Yes, I’ve already sent some people.”

Jaebum exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair.

“He better be okay.” He mumbled to himself before sitting down.

 

 

Mark let out a breath as he got inside the elevator, he leaned back on the wall on closed his eyes. He had passed by the car accident scene earlier, and it was troubling. A truck had crashed into Jackson’s car; the Audi was unrecognizable.

It was totaled. And it was a miracle that Amy was even breathing when they got to her. But what made Mark anxious was Jackson. It was like he had vanished into thin air, leaving only traces of his blood on the car and around the area.

But no Jackson.

The doors pinged open and he made his way towards the VIP suite Amy was in, he spotted Jaebum standing outside the room, speaking with two doctors.

“Hey,”

Mark nodded, he loosened his tie as he approached them.

“How’s Amy?” He spoke, the doctors looked at the two males.

“For now, her vitals are stable, she’s passed the dangerous stage, all she has to do now is to recuperate, sir.”

Mark exhaled, he glanced at the double doors.

“Go on, she’s still asleep.” Jaebum spoke to him, Mark pushed the doors open and walked in the room. He walked straight towards the bed and found the girl on the bed, she had a huge bandage on her forehead and her arm was wrapped in thick gauze.

His eyes went to bruises on her cheeks and the machines that were attached to her.

“Do you know? Do you have any idea where your brother went?” He spoke, but then he paused.

Jackson would never leave his sister, especially in a situation like earlier. But, how could he even walk away like that? From the investigation, it was possible that he used his body to cover her from the damage, that’s why all her injuries weren’t as serious.

So, how? How did Jackson manage to walk away from that place?

 

 

Jaebum watched as Mrs. Wang rushed into the room, leaving her bodyguards trailing after her, the Wang patriarch and his secretary were speaking with the officials. It has been hours and still no trace of their eldest son.

And that worried everyone, Jackson had left everything. His phone, his wallet and IDs. There was no way to locate him. And the police were looking into the possibility that he may have been kidnapped.

But Mark didn’t think so, even Jaebum thought that it wasn’t possible.

“What’s going on?” Mark had joined him, he turned to the door, they could see Mrs. Wang weeping over her daughter’s bed.

Jaebum sighed and shook her head, Mark chewed on his lower lip.

“You got something?”

“No.” Mark sat down beside him, the floor was already filled with the Wangs’ staff, even their bodyguards were present.

“Oh my! Honey! Honey! She’s up!” They heard Mrs. Wang yell from the room, Jaebum bolted up and padded towards the doors.

Mark leaned his head back on the wall, now he felt bad. It was pretty obvious that Jackson wasn’t taken against his will. He probably escaped, and left.

“I should have seen this coming.” Mark murmured to himself. Jackson had left to escape their father, and the car accident just now provided him an opportunity.

But, how could he just leave his sister in this state?

 

 

Amy wanted to cuss out badly, everything hurt. Her whole body ached so bad. She could hear her mother speaking frantically, she tried to crane her neck.

“M—Ma?” She sputtered, she gasped when pain shot up through her ribs.

“Oh my! Honey! Honey! She’s up!”

Amy’s eyes widened, both of her parents were here?

“Amy?” She recognized Jaebum’s voice, and then his face appeared in to view, she tried to sit up but he gently pushed her back.

“You’re not allowed to move. At least, not now.” He said softly, she was about to speak to him but her mother had covered him.

“How are you feeling? We rushed here as soon as the news reached us.” She said worriedly, Amy winced, as she tried to remember what had happened.

All she could remember were the bright lights, the loud screeching and Jackson yelling.

Jackson.

She felt her body freeze, her mind went back to her brother covering her as the other vehicle closed in on them.

“Ma?”

Her mother had disappeared, she felt a hand on top hers and Jaebum appeared again, she blinked at him.

“Jackson?” She spoke, her voice still hoarse.

“Ah, your oppa..is in another room. He’s still unconscious.” He said with a small smile, Jaebum leaned in to brush her hair away from her face.

“How…How is he?” She winced again, she heard another voice join in.

“Don’t worry about him yet, he’s okay now. Just focus on getting well.” It as Mark who intervened, Amy’s eyes narrowed at him. Jaebum glanced at the male.

Were they really going to lie to her?

“Why are you here?” She asked him, Mark had to smirk back. Jaebum sighed, he stepped away from the bed and sat down on one of the leather couches. He watced as Mark continued to peer over Amy, probably trying to distract her.

“Be nice to me, Ames.”

“Oh my god, send him out.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++