002

Just Right

Amy ran her fingers through her hair as she stepped out of the arrivals area, she watched as the airline staff loaded her things on the limousine. She puffed her cheeks, now she felt a little guilty over losing her temper, she really had no intention on buying the company. She just got impatient. That’s all.

She got inside the vehicle and started to dial her brother’s number, her brows went up when he didn’t pick up at her third try.

“Is he busy?” She murmured.

“Where to, young miss?”

She blinked, it had been a while since she last spoken Korean, it sounded too foreign now. She shook her head as she started to take off the sweater she was wearing and changed into a pair of leather mules.

“Does Jackson go out often to get groceries, ahjussi?” She asked the driver while tying her hair in a ponytail, the male shook his head.

“The vice president enjoys eating outside, young miss.”

Amy frowned and leaned back on the seat. She assumed that Jackson had at least hired house staff, but he enjoyed his privacy.

“Then, let’s stop by a mart before heading to his place, ahjussi.”

 

 

“Just what are you doing? This isn’t enough.”

Jackson leaned back on his seat, he had put his father on speakerphone as the elder continued to scold him.

“Pa, like I said, there’s only so much we can do. The market is too saturated~”

“You keep on saying that! Have you made a solution fix this problem then?” His father bellowed.

Jackson loosened his tie, he yanked it out and tossed it away from him.

“I can’t talk right now, pa.” He said flatly.

“Wang K~”

Jackson picked up his phone and threw it across the room, he exhaled and turned his chair away from his desk and closed his eyes.

“I can’t do this. I need to leave.” He said to himself as he looked at view of the city before him., he let out a shaky breath as he looked at his palms.

He closed his eyes again, not noticing the missed calls and messages from his sister.

"I have to get out of here."

 

 

Amy puffed her cheeks as she picked up a packet of seasoning, all the circles and squares of the Korean alphabet made her a little dizzy. She could read and understand them, but processing them was another story.

“It would be too embarrassing to ask the driver to read these for me.” She murmured as she dropped them on her cart.

She had no idea why her brother wouldn’t return her calls, even his secretary was unsure about his whereabouts. She padded towards the fresh produce area, she attempted to call her brother again and her call was rejected.

“He must be in a meeting. Or out with friends. How could he not welcome me back?” She muttered as she picked up some vegetables.

“Does he even know I’m home?” She paused, her lips pursed and then she smiled before dialing another number.

“Amy?” The male answered after a few rings.

“Hi.”

“What now?”

She smiled at his bluntness before replying.

“I’m in Seoul. Want to see me?”

“No.”

“You know you want to.” She chuckled as she pushed the girl along, she could almost see him smile from the other end.

“Dinner, tonight. At your brother’s crib.”

 

 

Mark Tuan scratched the back of his head as he walked into his friend’s penthouse. He had been trying to reach Jackson since earlier this afternoon and the younger male had never called him back.

And with what happened a few days ago, he was worried that Jackson may have really just went up and left. Mark even called Jackson’s assistant, but she also had no idea where he went. Jackson just told her that he’d be stepping out for a bit, but it was reported that he never came back to the office.

And that alarmed Mark. Jackson was never the type to ignore calls or send in late text messages.

Mark was about to sit down on one of the couches when he heard one of the doors upstairs opened, then he heard footsteps descending the stairs.

“Jackson, where~” He paused when he saw a young lady, dressed in booty shorts and a loose shirt walked by.

She also paused when she saw him, her brows went up.

“Who the hell are you?” Mark blurted out. The stranger was looking at him, as if trying to place his face. But Mark was sure, he had no idea who she was or what she was doing in Jackson’s room just now. And he knew that his friend had no serious girlfriend as of the moment.

“Security!” The girl blurted in Chinese as she padded towards the front door. Mark blinked in surprise.

“They can’t speak Mandarin.” Mark hollered at her and crossed his arms.

 

“Boan! (Security!)” She switched to Korean before disappearing to the foyer.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++