006

Just Right

“It’s better if she doesn’t know. For now.” Mr. Wang spoke, Mark glanced back at the doors. They had stepped out of the room, leaving Jaebum inside to calm Amy.

“Uncle, she has to know. Amy will ask questions; she’ll ask for him.”

“I know, but she has to get well. I’ll speak to the doctor and have him advise that Jackson can’t see any guests right now and it’s crucial to his recuperation period.”

Mark nodded, he leaned back against the wall, he saw Mrs. Wang walk back in the room carrying some fresh fruit and her two bodyguards followed behind her, with more food in hand.

“Okay, I’ll talk to our friends.” He replied.

“Good, I know this is too much to ask but, for the meantime,” Mr. Wang met his gaze evenly, Mark’s brows furrowed.

“But, can you watch over for her? Amy hasn’t been in Seoul in a long time, and, she has never worked for the company. She…needs guidance.”

Mark wordlessly nodded, the elder patted his shoulder before excusing himself and leaving him standing in the hall.

“What happened? What are we going to do?” Jinyoung approached him, he looked at his friend.

“Their father wants us to lie to her. For now.”

“What? Keep the fact that her brother’s missing? And, heavily injured?” He questioned, outraged.

“Yes, and, we can’t exactly tell them what to do. They are family. We’re just friends.” Mark murmured before turning to the doors again, both had been left open, Mrs. Wang was speaking with Amy softly while holding onto her phone.

“Just where did he go?” Jinyoung sighed and shook his head.

 

 

Amy flinched as she tried to fix her position on the bed, the bed had been rolled up slightly so that she could eat breakfast. Her parents had left her late last night, and she was sure that they weren’t going to drop by anytime soon, both were jetlagged.

She looked at the tray of food before her, she puffed her cheeks and looked at the gash on her arm, she couldn’t remember a lot of things from the accident. Everything felt hazy, but she could hear recall her brother covering her with his body.

“How is he?” She murmured to herself, and then she looked up as she heard the doors open.

“Hey,”

“Jinyoung-ah,” She smiled weakly as the male walked in.

“Well, you never did call us oppa or anything.” He said jokingly as he approached her, he leaned over to give her a light hug.

“I thought you were stationed in Thailand.” She said as the male sat down.

“I was, I got back two months ago. How are you feeling?”

“I feel like the morphine still doing wonders.” She pointed out, he smiled and patted her hand.

“What made you come home, Amy?”

“Well, I…didn’t really have any plans to. But, you know my brother and pa.”

Jinyoung nodded back.

“I just figured out that I might as well check on him. He’s always under all that pressure.”

“But he’s doing well.” He said softly.

“Exactly, I don’t understand pa, honestly. I don’t know what he wants from him.”

Jinyoung frowned and placed his hand over hers.

“How about work?”

“I called the hospital earlier and informed them that I may not be able to come back as soon as I promised them.” She murmured, Jinyoung looked at her, sensing her the shift in her mood.

“Well, they told me I don’t need to fly back. I got fired.”

 

 

Jaebum paused, his eyes went to the male again.

“Nothing?” Mark asked from his seat, his secretary nodded back.

“We tried tracing everything, his credit cards, we checked the Wang residence in Cheongdam, all of his cars were still there, his clothes are all accounted for.”

“H—How did he..” Jaebum trailed off, confused.

“The police sais his blood was all over the car, right?” Mark asked, his secretary nodded back.

“Yes, sir.”

“Can we access the security cameras in that area?” He asked.

“Ya, it’s government property, isn’t that illegal?” Jaebum asked him, Mark ignored his statement.

“I’ll do what I can, sir.” The male bowed politely before leaving the room.

“How’s Amy doing?” Mark asked his friend, Jaebum picked up his coffee before replying.

“The doctors explained to her about Jackson, well according to the script the Wangs provided.”

Mark shook his head and closed his laptop.

“I don’t think he got kidnapped, you know.” Jaebum continued.

“The accident happened in broad daylight. No one would dare take an injured man for ransom.” Mark flexed his neck and leaned back on his seat.

“He just went up and left.” Jaebum spoke, but it sounded like a question.

“He kept on talking about taking a break or just getting away from his father.” Mark stated, Jaebum brows knitted together.

“He took this opportunity to get away.”

 

 

“Yes, yes. If you could have them take the earliest flight, then that would be great.” Amy murmured over the phone.

“No, I’ll send someone to pick them up. Also, clear out my apartment.” She glanced over the windows and exhaled.

“I may need to stay longer.”

Amy put her phone down and tried to lean back gently, careful not to jostle the bandage on her arm.

“I was assigned to check on you.”

She looked up, and watched as the male walked in the room.

“I’m still breathing. Thanks.” She replied, Mark grinned and set down the bag on the table.

“I’m assuming you didn’t eat yet? I can see all the food from here, Ames.” Mark gestured towards the trash bin, there were bits of fish and some grains of rice surrounding the bin.

“Bad aim.”

“The food tasted like sand, Mark.” She replied evenly, Mark looked at her before picking up the bag again and setting it on her lap.

“Jaebum said this was bound to happen.” He commented as Amy used her free hand to take the food out.

“Sandwiches from Seoul InterContinental’s sky restaurant.” Mark said as he helped her opened the boxes.

“Beef?”

“All beef, no turkey. I got you, girl.” He winked at her, Amy shuddered back and took a small bite.

“Thanks, I guess?” She murmured as she took another bite, Mark nodded back and sat down.

“How are you feeling?”

“Everything hurts, Mark. Obviously.”

“Ames?”

“What?”

“Be nice to me.”

“This is me being nice, take it or leave it.” She replied, Mark had to smile, despite her injuries, she still had the energy to be her usual self.

“Can I~”

“Nope, doctor said no carbonated drinks.” He said before she could finish, Amy glared at him and continued to eat.

“At least something besides water?”

Mark stood up and produced a box of grape juice, he punched the hole through it before handing it to her. She smiled as she realized that it was her favorite flavor.

“Maybe this will help the bad temper? Hopefully.” Mark said teasingly, Amy rolled her eyes at him before taking it from him.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++