003

Just Right

Amy jogged back into the unit and suspiciously looked around, she rushed to the living room and was stunned to find the stranger lounging on the couch, he already had made himself a fresh bowl of popcorn and was now watching TV.

“You!” She stabbed one finger at his direction, Mark looked up at and eyed the girl, he somehow had a feeling who this girl was.

“Hey,” He answered dryly, and then security walked in the place.

“Where is the tresspa~” The male halted when his eyes landed on Mark, his other colleagues also stopped when they saw him.

“Why aren’t you doing anything? Take him out.” The girl started to speak again.

“Oh, good evening, chairman.” They greeted him with polite bows and they all exited the unit, Amy balked as she heard the doors closed.

“Chairman? This isn’t even your house.” The girl was standing across him, blocking his view of the television.

“I’m guessing; you must be Amy.” Mark looked at her with an amused smile that annoyed the hell out of the girl. Her eyes widened as her name rolled out of his lips, she frowned.

“Okay, now, shoo.” She said to him, he chuckled and shook his head at her.

“I’ll wait for Jackson to come back. So, please stop blocking the TV.” He replied, Amy glared at him.

“I don’t like this.” She muttered as she padded away, Mark grinned to himself and leaned back on the sofa.

 

 

It was already eleven in the evening when Amy heard loud noises coming from downstairs, she hurriedly put on one of her sweaters and stepped out of her room.

“Where have you been? Are you crazy?”

She reached the last of the steps, her brother and Jaebum had just arrived.

“Uh oh.” Jaebum murmured quietly, Mark looked at him.

“M—Mei,” Jackson was surprised to see her, and then her eyes narrowed at him.

“Look, Ames, before you kill me~”

“Where were you? You have a phone, right? Is it so hard to just pick it up or send me a text back?” She hissed as she padded towards them, Jaebum flinched and Jackson started to step back.

“I was just in downtown Seoul, okay? I was~”

“You reek of alcohol!” She said to him, Jackson grimaced at her.

“You disappear on me and now you smell like~”

“Welcome back to Seoul, Ames!” Jackson cheered before wrapping her in a huge hug, which she successfully wriggled free from.

“Take a shower. You stink.” She glared at him, Mark grew amused. Jackson rolled her eyes at the girl but he headed for his room anyway. Because, Amy always wins.

 

 

“Hey, welcome back.” Mark heard Jaebum speak, he glanced at Amy before she gave the male a quick hug.

“Sure, thanks. I’m glad to be back.Yipee.” She said dryly, then her eyes went to Mark.

“Amy, this is~”

“Apparently, he’s welcome to just stroll into this place.” She cut him off, Jaebum looked at his friend questioningly, Mark shrugged back, he stood up from the couch and walked towards them.

“Amy Wang,” He said with an easy grin before stretching his hand to her, Amy eyed him warily before looking at Jaebum, obviously asking for an explanation.

“This is Mark Tuan, a close of friend of ours.” Jaebum said simply, she stretched her hand out, but instead of shaking his offered one, she slapped her palm against his before turning her back towards the kitchen.

Mark looked at Jaebum, amused and at the same time intrigued.

“I was told she’s the normal one.” Mark said in a low tone as they followed the girl to the kitchen.

“Normal? Who told you that?”

“Jackson.” Mark replied as he buried his hands in his pockets.

“Normal? This girl bought an airline yesterday because she got annoyed.” Jaebum chuckled, Mark shook his head, then Amy appeared, wielding a steak knife.

“Amy,” Jaebum spoke.

“I don’t feel like having meat, can you order that black noodle thing for me? Or, rather the one with seafood and~”

“I’ll order some for you, put that down.” Jaebum sighed, Amy tossed the knife back to the counter and crossed her arms.

“What made you fly back?”

“Ma asked me to check on him, they’ve been fighting a lot, huh?” She asked, Mark took out a bottle of juice from the fridge.

“Well, it’s been intense lately.” Jaebum replied, Mark was about to open the bottle but Amy looked at him.

“Not that. That’s my favorite, just take the sparkling ones.” She told him, Mark pursed his lips at her.

“Mark, give it up.” Jaebum muttered under his breath as the two eyed the bottle of grape juice quietly.

“I don’t drink anything else, just that.” She said.

“Even water?” Mark chuckled, Jaebum winced and looked away. It was then he realized, that the two should never have met.

Amy closed , her eyes narrowed at the older male.

“Wow, I don’t like this close friend of yours.” She said before leaving the kitchen and headed towards Jackson’s room. Mark grinned to himself and took the juice anyway.

 

 

Jackson looked up as his sister walked in the room, he was already dressed in a pair of sweats and a loose shirt.

“I asked Jaebum to order food for us, I don’t feel like cooking for four.” She said as she sat down across him, Jackson smiled before reaching out to pat her cheek.

“Sounds good, Ames. I’m glad you’re in town.”

“You know why I’m here, ge.”

“I think I do.”

Amy sighed, she cleared before speaking again.

“C..Can’t you two get along?”

Jackson chewed on his lower lip before talking.

“I just..dont get him, Ames. He leaves me here, makes me take over everything. But then, he doesn’t like the way I do things. So, I don’t know how to move, everything I say is wrong.”

Amy leaned back on her seat and crossed her arms, truthfully, she also didn’t know what her father was really thinking.

“I can’t even say that it’ll get better, because it never does.” She offered, Jackson scrunched his nose at her.

“Just stay here, even for a week, Ames. That would make things easier for me then.” He said to her, Amy’s forehead creased briefly but she nodded back.

“I do plan to stay a bit longer than usual, ge. Don’t worry.” She smiled as she patted his hand.

Jackson was about to speak when the doors opened again, revealing Mark who had a bottle of grape juice in his hand.

Amy rolled her eyes and Jackson caught that, he grinned.

“Food’s here, Wang children.” He announced.

“Great, why don’t you eat first?” Amy muttered under her breath, Jackson laughed and just took his sister’s hand as they left the room.

“Hey, be nice to Mark, Ames. He’s been a great friend to me.”

“I’m only nice when you don’t touch my~”

“Grape juice, I get it. Brat.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

01.06.19