001

Just Right

“This is getting bothering. Everything’s repetitive.”

“If this is about that idea of yours to drop everything and leave, then, no.” His friend said before taking another sip of his coffee, the male before him dramatically rolled his eyes.

“I mean it, I don’t even want to be here.” He complained again.

“But you have no choice. You can’t leave.”

Jackson Wang, the current CEO of Wang Pharmaceuticals Asia ignored his friend’s comment and ordered for another donut.

“I’m stress eating.” He announced.

“But, hey, Mark.” Jackson started, Mark looked up from his phone. He was kind of needed at work but he knew his friend needed someone to rant on.

“What?”

“If…I ever disappear and hide for a while, will you look after my sister for me?”

“You have a sister?” Mark paused, stunned.

“I already told you I do.”

“Well, I never met her so, I must have forgotten. Hey, but why would you~”

“It’s just an idea I’ve been toying about. Don’t focus too much on it.” Jackson waved his palm at him, dismissing the thought.

“Don’t do it. I don’t have the power and energy to deal with two Wangs.”

“She’s not like me. She’s normal.” Jackson nodded, as if trying to sell the idea to him. Well, he probably was. But Mark knew him, Jackson would never just drop things off and leave.

“Hmm, now that’s a nice selling point, Jackson.” He chuckled, Jackson glared at him.

 

 

“Ma?” The girl cleared as she stepped out of the animal hospital, she tugged on her ponytail before taking a seat on one of the benches.

“I’ve been trying to contact you since yesterday, where were you?”

The girl sighed and flexed her neck.

“It’s a bit busy here in the hospital, ma. We’re kind of short-staffed.”

“Why don’t you take some days off and check on your brother.”

The girl puffed cheeks, blowing her bangs away from her face.

“Seoul isn’t just a bus ride away, Mrs. Wang, you know that.” She mused as she stretched her legs before her, she removed the stethoscope from around her neck and leaned back.

“And your brother isn’t exactly in high spirits lately, your father has been~”

“Pa pressures him too much, it’s unfair to both me and him.” She hummed, her mother hissed at her. The Wang young lady chuckled and sat up.

“Come on, mei mei, go visit your brother. He misses you.”

“I know, he calls me fifteen times a day. And he gets angry if I don’t text him good morning.” She said dryly, Jackson was a pain, especially when he wanted your attention. And she was aware that her brother wanted her to just stay in Seoul, living alone in Hong Kong didn’t rally sit well with her older brother.

But her work was here. Hong Kong was home.

“Think about it, okay?”

“I’ll call him later, ma. I have to go. Send my love to pa.”

 

 

Mark Tuan leaned back on his chair, his forehead was creased as he went through the documents again.

“We should check on the estimated date of completion again.” His friend said, he looked up and nodded.

“I know, I was about to say that.” The young director of HKT Seoul replied, the other male shoo his head.

“Have this revised, you can contact Jaebum’s secretary regarding about it.” Mark said to his assistant, the male nodded and excused himself before leaving the room.

“I’ll have the software upgraded just like you wanted, you don’t have to worry about it.” Mark said to his friend, Jaebum nodded back.

“So, it’s Jackson’s birthday next week.”

“I know, he’s been acting strange.” Mark murmured back as he crossed his arms.

“Why?”

“He..and his father may have gotten in this huge argument again. And now..it seems to be taking a toll on him.” Mark said carefully, Jaebum sighed.

“We both know he doesn’t like being here, Mark. He’s not exactly the type to conform.”

“Exactly, but if you look at Wang Pharm now, the whole company’s doing well. All thanks to him.”

“But can you imagine the pressure on him? We know the father, he’s a bit..intense.”

Mark shook his head and leaned back on his seat.

“His sister should come home. She needs to talk to him.”

“I almost forgot she existed.” Mark grinned at him, Jaebum chuckled.

“She’s quite the nomad.”

 

 

“Like I said, I do not want the economy seat.” The girl said again, the lady behind the ticketing counter looked at her again, suspicious.

“But the seat your requesting is exclusive for~”

“I know. That’s why I want you to reserve it for me.” She argued back, getting impatient.

“Are you sure you’ll be able to afford it? It’s one of the airlines most acclaimed and~

The girl took out her wallets and took out her six credit cards, the lady’s eyes widened. She had never seen all those cards together at one point, they were the rare “sky is the limit” types.

“Ma’am~”

“I know, you only have six seats for first class, right?”

“Y—Yes, I can~”

“I’m buying them all. Charge it to any card you want.” She stated flatly before going back to her seat, the girl gathered the cards in and her eyes grew wide as she read her name.

She stood up from her seat and ran towards the manager’s room, while the Wang lady sat down on her seat.

“S—Sir, I think I made a mistake.” The lady said as she looked at their supervisor.

“What do you mean?” The male said as he left his seat.

“It’s Amy Wang. And I think I—I just offended her.”

“Wang? What are you~”

And then the manager’s phone started to ring, he glanced at the caller ID and he winced.

“What’s that?”

“It’s the main office.” He said under his breath, the girl paled. The male exhaled before picking up the phone and bringing it to his face.

“Hello, this is~”

The girl could hear someone yelling from the other line, and then the person started barking orders.

“What was it, sir?”

 

“The Wangs just bought the airline company. And you better put miss Wang on a good seat.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++