Day 09 - "It Will Kill You if You Don't Say Please"

Halloween Drabbles | B.A.P
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell above the door chimes your arrival as you step into the familiar shop. As a new witch just beginning Academy, Youngjae’s shop was becoming a regular stop on your way home. The experienced witch looks up at your arrival and flashes a bright smile. Maybe his excellent potions and spell books weren’t the only reason you frequented his shop so often.

“Back again?” he quips, already returning his focus to the dried herbs sprawled out before him.

“Mm,” you hum as you pull a bottle from a shelf and carefully read over the label. “I need some different plants and herbs for a sleeping potion next week. We’re supposed to add our own signature to it, but I can’t think of anything.” You lift the bottle up and hold it out to Youngjae, “What is this?”

Youngjae glances up and immediately shakes his head, “Nuh-uh, that’s nasty business right there. It’ll put your poor subject to sleep alright. But then he won’t wake up.”

“Oh, like an eternal sleeping potion?”

Youngjae snorts a laugh and picks up a bundle of herbs, “More like a death potion.”

You cringe and all but throw the bottle back to its dusty spot on the shelf. You step away and continue perusing around the shop, reading various labels here and there. A wide table near the back window holds an assortment of new plants you have never seen before. You lean down to inspect the wriggling leaves of one when there is a sudden jerk against the chain around your neck.

You stum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter