Day 29 - "Shadows"

Halloween Drabbles | B.A.P
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He clung to the shadows as he followed his prey. Truthfully, he was still getting the hang of this whole vampire thing and his stomach still knotted every time he closed in unsuspecting souls. He never took more than he needed and always made sure they were alive and in a safe spot before he melded back with the shadows for another few weeks.

Youngjae lurked behind a corner and held his breath for the right moment. He frequently forgot that he no longer had any breath to hold, but the habit still persisted.

He tensed, ready to pounce when you appear in front of him. He jumped and if his heart was functioning he is sure it would have broken out of his chest from the fright.

“You’re jumpy tonight,” you teased.

Youngjae sighed and watched his prey walk away, completely unaware of what could have happened.

“You owe me dinner, now,” he huffed.

“You’re still hesitating too much.”

“Well, it’s only been 15 years. I’m a baby compared to you.”

“Watch it with the age jokes,” you laughed. You clap a hand on his shoulder and smile at your prodigy. “Come on, I’ll help you catch someone even better—that guy smelled way past his prime.”

“He did?”

You chuckled and hooked your arm through Youngjae’s. “You’ve got a lot to learn, kiddo.”  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter