Day 19 - "Cobweb"

Halloween Drabbles | B.A.P
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhong nudges open the broken door of the abandoned house. Instantly his nostrils are filled with dust and he can’t hold back the sneeze that comes.

He pauses to listen, hoping that his presence has not been noticed. He rubs his nose and pushes through the remainder of the way. Cobwebs and thick dust coat every surface and make the air thick. 

“Let’s see, they said I have to bring back something that belonged to the woman who died here.” He scans the spaces around him, but the house has long since been emptied and looted. “Maybe I can find something upstairs.”

He places a cautious foot on the bottom step, but as soon as he moves his weight to it, the stair splinters under the force. Junhong mulls over how he can make it safely upstairs without falling through the wood. A slight chill settles against his skin and he glances up to find where the breeze came from. 

A sliver of movement at the top of the stairs pulls his attention upwards. There, as pale as the moonlight stands a woman. Instinctively Junhong steps back and readies himself to run.

“Hello, Junhong. Looking for something?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter