Day 02 - "Mirrors"

Halloween Drabbles | B.A.P
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sporadic shouts pour out of various haunted houses at the Halloween festival your city hosts every year. You come to a halt in front of the biggest one, gulping down the knot of fear that lodges in your throat.

“Maybe we should skip the haunted houses, Junhong,” you say, trying to mask the plea that weaves through your words.

The boy next to you laughs and takes a large bite of his candied apple. “It’s not any fun if we don’t get scared,” he mumbles through a cheek-full of apple.

You frown and pull your jacket closer around your torso. “I’m having plenty of fun already.”

Junhong takes another bite of his apple and takes your hand in his, “Please? Just this one and then we’ll go play some more of the games.”

He pulls out his most dangerous weapon—his puppy-dog eyes—and pouts his lower lip. Your resolve weakens slightly and Junhong seems to notice the minuscule change because before you know it, he is tugging you towards the entrance.

You pause to hand the attendant six tickets and ruefully follow after Junhong.

“Don’t worry,” he smiles, “I’ll hold your hand the entire time.”

You roll your eyes but allow him to grab your hand once more and lead you into the darkness.

It is just as terrifying as you imagined, and by the halfway point you have your face buried into Junhong’s back. He laughs cheerfully and turns around, pulling you close to him.

“It’s alright to look now, we’re just in a hallway.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter