Chapter 03

1,2,3

It’s been days since the departure of Jeongyeon. Mina has always been alone in her dorm since her dormmate Tzuyu moved to another dorm and university to pursue different major. That does not bother her before when Jeongyeon occasionally visits her during weekends. But now it felt emptier. Today is a weekend and Mina’s been battling every day going to university knowing there will be no signs of her beloved to ask about her day. She feels lonely, more like empty. She could not always bother Momo like before. She’s trying hard to cope with this alone without troubling anyone. She released a heavy sigh. She’s done with crying, she’s done with moping every night, she’s in between accepting the situation and thinking it was just a nightmare where she will wake up and everything’s back to normal. What isn’t normal is Momo’s strong presence these past few days. Not the physical presence but the constant messages she received from the latter. She wouldn’t deny that Momo’s messages helped her go through each day. And today was no different. Her lips pulled upwards upon hearing her phone beeped.

MM: Good morning Minari~ do you have plans today? I am free this weekend, and we have lots of food here, would you mind if I come over to your dorm and bring some?

MN: I don’t have any plans. Yes, you can.

Mina decided to clean a bit since Momo’s coming. At least someone will keep her company on this weekend. Momo’s been a good friend ever since before she started dating Jeongyeon. She likes her company, they have the same interest, which is dancing. Momo’s recommending her some nice songs to dance into, they used to exchange ideas on steps. Mina still occasionally dance when she has leisure time. She’s never seen Momo dance though, but she heard that she’s above average and many people are saying that she’s different on stage. Mina took a mental note at that and wished that she could see Momo perform live soon.

There’s a knock, Mina went to open the door, she was blinded by the bright smile of the older carrying a paper bag which she assumed contains the food Momo’s been talking about. She responds with a smile too and let the older come in.

“Sorry for barging, I know you’re hungry too, let’s eat” Momo said while fixing the meals in the small table.

“What have you brought?” Mina inquired

“Well, Sana and I have cooked loads yesterday since we are craving for seafood stew also we grilled some fish too”

“Wow that’s a lot, I’ve been craving for some stew since it’s getting colder these days” Mina said while digging into her bowl of stew. “Hmmm, it’s delicious, who cooked this, this is awesome?”

“Ehrmm, well, cooking has been my hobby besides dancing, I can cook for you if you want”

“Wow, I never thought you could cook this good, I mean you can be a chef too, you’re something really” Mina exclaimed.

Momo blushed at the sudden statement. Momo really planned to cook for Mina and it was a lie that they have leftovers. She made this for Mina to be honest. After they finished the luscious meal, Momo cleaned the table and started to wash the dishes. Upon seeing this, Mina quickly grabbed Momo’s arms to stop her from what she’s about to do.

“Momo, no, I should be the one to wash these, I am not letting a visitor wash the dishes especially if you’re not going to sleep over” (A/N: there was an old saying that a visitor couldn’t wash the dishes if he/she will not sleep over, Mina’s referring to that)

“Then, let me sleep over tonight. Is that okay?” Momo said while looking straight to Mina.

Mina was taken aback. Trying to decipher what Momo’s words meant. Momo was mentally swearing at herself. That was so bold Momo what the heck. Can I disappear now into nothingness?

“O-okay, you can sleep here” Mina stuttered. She then released her hands that was gripping Momo’s arm. The older then continued to wash the plates while Mina sat in silence. Momo was silent until she’s finished washing.

Momo needs to say something since she’s the one who caused this awkward silence between them. This is Momo’s dream, to spend an entire day with Mina, what more an entire night. She’s panicking in her mind right now. But Mina’s the one to break the silence.

“Would you mind if we watch some movies? I have here some old movies we could binge watch” Mina suggested while browsing through her TV the movies she has saved.

“That would be great” Momo said while sitting beside Mina in the couch. Her heart can’t stop beating with this closeness. Am I allowed to be this happy when I know Mina is still not over her lover. Momo is keeping this invisible wall with Mina, a wall she shouldn’t cross, this invisible border that Momo is not allowed to enter because she respect the girl. But Momo is not sure how long can she keep her feelings towards her.

The younger has chosen the movie Fast and Furious, and Momo could not focus since she’s disturbed with her thoughts of the younger. What if I confessed before Jeongyeon did? Maybe you’re not crying in your sleep, you’re not broken, I wouldn’t let that happen. I wouldn’t leave you.

Mina is silently watching, and her eyes focused on the movie, that’s what Momo thinks. Until Momo saw the tears in Mina’s eyes. She looked at the TV but the scene is not that dramatic. She placed her hand on Mina’s cheeks and her thumb wiped the tears in her eyes. The cry was silent. Mina side-embraced Momo and leaned on her shoulders.

Mina is not okay. She still remembers Jeongyeon. They used to be watching movies on weekends too. And suddenly it hits her, the loneliness is eating her again, fortunately Momo is here to comfort her, Momo is patting her head carefully like saying everything will be okay. It calms her aching heart with Momo’s assurance. She can get over this.

++

Mina opened her eyes, she couldn’t recall when she fell asleep, it was late in the afternoon and she wake up from the smell of good food. She saw Momo in her kitchen who is busy cooking. She noticed she was laying comfortable in her couch with neatly placed blanket on top of her. Momo is so thoughtful. The girl who will date Momo will be very lucky, Mina thought.

“That looks like a five-star dish” Mina stormed into the kitchen, startling Momo.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I used some of the leftover food in your fridge” Momo stated

“I’m amazed how you manage to cook these with the content in my fridge, I almost have nothing” Mina chuckled. “I haven’t gone to grocery yet” she added

“Well it was quite enough to make this simple dish” Momo said almost finished with plating the dish.

Mina savor the meal. She felt she haven’t eaten a proper meal for a long time. She’s been eating store bought foods and now Momo’s fed her this very pleasant meal.

“This is so good Momo! I don’t even know what you’re not good at, seems like your good at anything” Mina praised.

“That’s a relief that you liked it” Momo said with a warm smile towards the younger.

“I’m sorry, you did everything today, I should be the one cooking for you, you should have woken me up”

“No, it’s okay, how could I wake you up when you looked peaceful, and besides I know you can’t cook” Momo said making the younger blushed in embarrassment

“Hey! I know how to cook simple dishes!”

“Alright. Alright” Momo chuckled

After they cleaned everything, and Mina’s done washing the dishes, Momo decided to take a shower. She borrowed Mina’s loose T-shirt and pajamas. Momo never thought that wearing Mina’s clothes will also make her heart flutter. She smiled to herself. Then she remembers she must call Sana to inform her best friend about the sleep over. She grabbed her mobile phone to call her best friend and went outside in front of the apartment’s door so Mina wouldn’t hear.

“Satang! I won’t be home tonight, I’ll be having a sleep over with Mina”

“Whaattt?!? You serious Momo? You’re just hurting yourself if you keep attaching yourself to her, you know she’s still not over Jeongyeon – “

“I know Sana.. but I don’t care. Mina needs someone to depend on now, she’s alone”

“You’re ing in love Hirai”

“I am” Momo does know how desperate she was to make Mina happy. Sana just let out a deep sigh. Momo’s thankful to Sana because when she feels broken, Sana has been her life support. She will always sound harsh, but it helps her to keep herself together. Those eight months is a roller coaster ride for Momo’s feelings. She’s been there when Jeongyeon needs help on her first date with Mina. She even suggested where the two should go on their first month. She went with Mina on a weekend to help her choose a gift for Jeongyeon. It was great to be with Mina alone, but it kills her to know that she was that excited for a gift to her girlfriend.

Momo is lost in her thoughts again when a tap on her shoulder brings her back to present. She turned and saw Mina on her sleeping clothes.

“I am sorry to disturb you, I already cleaned the room, you can go inside” Mina said while looking into the phone on Momo’s ears.

Momo is still on a call with Sana, she quickly said goodbye and hang up. She went inside the room, she noticed there is only one bed. And Mina saw the hesitation on Momo to even sit on the bed. With this, Mina taps the space beside her signaling Momo to sit beside her.

“Where is Tzuyu’s bed?” Momo asked, expecting that there will be two beds in the room.

“Ahh, we already sold it since she moved out, also to save space”

“I see.. I-I can sleep on the couch, I’m sorry I didn’t know you only have one bed”

“No It’s okay, you can sleep on the bed, don’t worry I am a steady sleeper so I won’t push you out of the bed” Mina chuckles showing her gummy smiles. Momo melts into that.

++

They are both lying in bed, facing the ceiling. They are almost five inches away from each other and Momo couldn’t sleep. She feels helpless knowing that she’s sleeping beside Mina. On the other hand, Mina also couldn’t sleep. But it was normal for her these past few days, she’s been trying hard to sleep every night. Momo suddenly felt a warm hand wrapped around her stomach and her heart beats like crazy, she hopes that Mina couldn’t hear them. Momo could smell Mina’s hair which smells like jasmine. Momo felt like paralyzed with the sudden action of the younger. Is Mina sleeping? Did she forget that I am here beside her? Momo’s mind stopped functioning when the younger suddenly speak.

“Momo… Thank you for staying..”

It was short, but the way Mina tell those words is very sincere. Momo held the hands that were placed in her stomach and rub it gently. Mina felt safe with the warmth of Momo. She never knew Momo could make her forget the emptiness she felt these past few days. Maybe she can get through this and she’s thankful that she has a friend like Momo who is always there showing her hope that everything will be alright.

“Mina.. would you like to go with us on Jeju island during Chuseok holidays?, it will be fun…” Momo asked.

Momo doesn’t have a plan actually, she just blurted and decided on it suddenly and thinks that she can just invite Sana and Jihyo (their common friend) to go to Jeju. She wants Mina to have a vacation to free her mind on depressing thoughts, maybe an out of town trip would help her move on.

There was silence. It was unsettling for Momo, she’s afraid Mina would reject the idea. Mina on the other hand, rarely went out for a vacation, and she’s not sociable. Momo and Tzuyu are the only friend she have. Now, Tzuyu’s busy with her studies, Mina only has Momo around. She finally led to the decision.

“I would like to try going to Jeju with you and your friends” Mina honestly say. Though she’s hesitant, she believes she will be alright if Momo is with her. She feels safe when she’s with Momo, the older is making her feel home, it is very warm and welcoming.

++

Momo opened her eyes and felt numb on her right arm. The scent of jasmine is strong, and she noticed that Mina’s head is lying on her arm, limbs wrapped around her. When the position now sunk into Momo’s consciousness, her blush seared in her neck through her cheeks and for a minute she thought her face was on fire. Their faces are only an inch away. And she can clearly see the beauty marks on Mina’s face. The face she admires so much, the smooth porcelain skin, her long lashes, her peaceful expression while sleeping is stunning, and her eyes landed on the plump pinkish lips that she’s trying hard not to kiss. At this moment Momo lost all her resolves and slowly leans in, eyes closed. Momo kissed Mina, it was a light kiss, a peck, it lasted only for three seconds.

One, Momo’s heart is a beating like a drum.

Two, Momo hopes she doesn’t wake Mina up.

Three, pulling herself from the kiss, Momo opened her eyes and saw Mina looking at her with surprised expression.

++

 

A/N: Yes! Mimo finally kissed. (>///<)